Your worse sports year ever | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Your worse sports year ever

Right now.

Cuse football disappoints more than I thought was possible. UMass football is the worst team in the country.

Cuse basketball underwhelms.

Red Sox trade their best player of my lifetime before his prime.

Pats lose at home to the Titans after ending up in the Divisional Round AND Brady decides to leave.

My favorite two weeks of the year (Champ Week and the first weekend of March Madness) disappear and football isn’t anything close to a guarantee.

This year sucks

Worst losses

Su bball Vermont in 05
Cowboys O7 div loss to giants
Mets 06 nlcs game 7
Knicks game 6 nba finals Stark's going 2 for 79
Rangers I guess game 7 against the lightning a few years ago.
Cuse fball even know I was never more proud I really wanted that Clemson game Two years ago

Starks was terrible in Game 7. He was great in Game 6. Olajuwon blocked his last shot attempt. It's too bad because until that game he was having a great series and would have won MVP with just an average performance.

Last edited:
Starks was terrible game was in Game 7. He was great in Game 6. Olajuwon blocked his last shot attempt. It's too bad because until that game he was having a great series and would have won MVP with just an average performance.
Ya it was so long ago I confused games 6 and 7.

15 losses - NIT
4-8 in Football

Magic lose 53 games - 13th in East
Knicks lose 51 games - 12th in East

Raiders finally make the Playoffs, but Carr breaks his leg at the end of the year. Forced to start McGloin, and get handled easily by the Texans

Mariners stink as usual

Rangers lose to Ottawa in the 16-17 Playoffs, 2nd round. Then end up blowing up the team, and missing the Playoffs in 17-18, for the first time
since 09-10.

1994 - Expos don't get a chance to go to the playoffs and possibly win it all.

The only time they had reached the playoffs before that (before 1994 it was only 4 teams) was in 1981, and I was too young to remember it.

I don't know if I could pinpoint my worst sports year (although 2020 seems to want to hold everyone's drink).

I know my worst sports day. 10/16/1999. 75-1 day. Yankees lose 13-1 to the Red Sox by day (but won the series 4-1), SU loses to Virginia Tech 62-0 by night. Gameday in Blacksburg too. Not fun. Not a fun hangover either.

Best sports day. 10/26/1996. SU beats BC 45-17 by day, I was in Chestnut Hill for that fun. Yankees win the World Series (first since 1978, first since I was old enough to know what was going on) by night. Celebrated it in downtown Boston.

Octobers in the 90s were apparently big or not big for me.

Annapolisrichmondvermont, they all run together. The worst losses are the unexpected ones.

Syracuse hoops goes from 25-0 to losing in 2nd round
Syracuse football goes 3-9
NY Rangers lose Cup final
NY Yankees miss playoffs
Oakland Raiders go 3-13
LA Lakers go 27-55 in the first season of their tanking era

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics