"You're taking a 1/2 day just for the SU game?" | Syracusefan.com

"You're taking a 1/2 day just for the SU game?"

Doc5120

Starter
Said the big boss to me...

You're damnnn right I am! Best 2 days of the year. I'm still not sure why people question this. Anybody else get this stupid question at work? It's not like people don't realize I'm a big fan. I'm more shocked when people don't take the day(s) off. I understand sometimes it's just not possible, but don't question it.

It's go time!!!

I don't even have to put in for the time off at my work anymore. It's just assumed that I will not be here starting at noon on the first day of the tournament.

I've only been with my current employer for less than 2 yrs, but it's no secret I'm the "big SU fan" at work. If I had a pair, I'd have looked at him and said..."You own the place, why the heck do we even have to come in today?!" But then I figured he'd tell me to take off...forever.

You're damnnn right I am! Best 2 days of the year. I'm still not sure why people question this. Anybody else get this stupid question at work? It's not like people don't realize I'm a big fan. I'm more shocked when people don't take the day(s) off. I understand sometimes it's just not possible, but don't question it.

It's go time!!!
Is it a lady boss or an effeminate male?

Pro-Tip always take the Thursday and Friday of the first weekend of the tournament off. Also way in advance so you don't have to answer any questions of why.

I always do. I've had it scheduled for a while. He was just giving me , joking around. But to me, it's no joking matter. I can hardly concentrate.

Is it a lady boss or an effeminate male?

Very fair question. Dude is actually the most intimidating person I've worked with/for in my 9 years. Needless to say, he's not a die-hard like us.

You're a gentleman and a scholar for only taking a 1/2 day.

I don't even have to put in for the time off at my work anymore. It's just assumed that I will not be here starting at noon on the first day of the tournament.

What shandeezy said. I'm out of here in a half hour to hit the bar with my other buddies. Early enough to grab lunch and save a good seat for viewing.

Yearly tradition and I am super pumped.

You're a gentleman and a scholar for only taking a 1/2 day.

Yes, you're right. Orrrrr I'm just trying to save as many vacation days as I can for the time being. But I like your take on it better. :)

What shandeezy said. I'm out of here in a half hour to hit the bar with my other buddies. Early enough to grab lunch and save a good seat for viewing.

Where? I'm coming.

Yes, you're right. Orrrrr I'm just trying to save as many vacation days as I can for the time being. But I like your take on it better. :)
If you get more pushback, you can quote me on the gentleman and a scholar thing. The OttoinGrotto name carries some weight.

"Early enough to grab lunch." ??? Who needs to grab lunch? We just tell the waitress up front, "We're gonna be a here a while. After every one else in here is gone we'll still be here. Don;t worry if we don't order food immediately, we'll eat at least twice maybe three times if you have any decent desserts. Now start us out with a bucket of Labatts and a round of Jager Bombs, LGO!"

Its a great day. Would feel better about leaving if I hadn't just spent 3 days out of town.

"Early enough to grab lunch." ??? Who needs to grab lunch? We just tell the waitress up front, "We're gonna be a here a while. After every one else in here is gone we'll still be here. Don;t worry if we don't order food immediately, we'll eat at least twice maybe three times if you have any decent desserts. Now start us out with a bucket of Labatts and a round of Jager Bombs, LGO!"

Its a great day. Would feel better about leaving if I hadn't just spent 3 days out of town.

Oh they know we aren't moving for hours. I have to get there early enough to beat the crowd though - it'll be packed with Cuse fans.

I love your approach, though. :)

Ask him: "Do I get vacation time or not? If I do, it doesn't matter what the f I use it for."

I'm glad I work with two bosses who don't question my every move and decision, and especially my reason for my vacation. And I never, ever ask why my 21 people reporting to me need a day off. They've earned it, they can use it for whatever they need it for. I just have one rule, I call the 2 and 2 rule: Don't request it more than 2 months or less than 2 weeks out.

It's go time!!!
AAHHHH, retirement feels so good today! First tourney while retired. Gee, which games should I watch (beside SU of course)?

AAHHHH, retirement feels so good today! First tourney while retired. Gee, which games should I watch (beside SU of course)?

Only another 30ish or so years and I'll be there. I envy you!

I'm the dumb@ss that has off tomorrow at noon instead of today. I get out of here at 4pm so I'll be watching the game on delay. I just had a thought, what if my Directv receiver fails me? Things that would definitely suck balls.

Well, now that I've been completely unproductive for the past four hours, time to "look" productive. I'm going to actually get up from my chair and take a piss, get a drink of water, and go ask my boss a question. Now I just have to think of a question.

It's go time!!!

give him one of these lines "would you rather me be on the clock checking my phone every 5 mins and be more worried about the game than work related stuff" I don't think so

I get barometric pressure headaches, which is basically a migraine. I went to work today with one for 4 hrs. and it got to the point where I wasn't productive anymore. When they get real bad, I have trouble driving, so I took sick time, went home, Excedrine Migraine, and set my alarm clock. Got up just in time for the game. Feel better, much better with us playing well... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom