YTTV sucks | Syracusefan.com

YTTV sucks

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
Had to start watching the game late. Start game from the start and spent 20 minutes waiting for YTTV buffer and and not get stuck every 20 seconds. Had the same issue last year. I have a computer degree, it’s not an issue on my end, checked speeds etc. Now I remember why I was going to switch back to spectrum this summer when I had some free time.

I had the same issues with Hulu. It was freaking painful to watch, and that's irrespective of what was going on the field.

At least you know it wasn't just YTTV but at least 2 streaming services.

YTTV is fine.

Only buffering issues that I’ve encountered are due to ISP issues (happens to Zoom meetings once a week or so as well). Only have AT&T 100mbps. Comcast would likely be better but would cost more as we have great pricing.

Last edited:
I’ve never had that issue and my kids tell me all the time our internet sucks.

Had it for quite awhile now and have never once had an issue.

That’s an internet or app issue. Yttv is awesome. I use it with zero issues for over a year. I even used it in Canada using a teleport app with zero issues. Do a speed test on the internet bet you’re under 40mbps

That’s an internet or app issue. Yttv is awesome. I use it with zero issues for over a year. I even used it in Canada using a teleport app with zero issues. Do a speed test on the internet bet you’re under 40mbps

I did run a test and everything was great, forget the number now bexause I was getting so pissed. So maybe it is an issue with the app and I need to delete/reload it.

What was weird was the game was just starting the 3rd Q. I started the game from the beginning. It played a little bit then hit a commercial and for 20 mins couldn’t get it to play again. Rewound, FWD a little, closed/opened. Tried everything. Eventually had to jump to the game “live”, missing (I guess not really missing) the whole first half. In a normal, exciting game I would have been even more pissed.

What are you using the app on? See if there are updates for the app and the streamer. Run another speed test and let me know what the number is. Also try and drop the resolution down. If your not able to keep up at 1080 try 720.

Had to start watching the game late. Start game from the start and spent 20 minutes waiting for YTTV buffer and and not get stuck every 20 seconds. Had the same issue last year. I have a computer degree, it’s not an issue on my end, checked speeds etc. Now I remember why I was going to switch back to spectrum this summer when I had some free time.
are you using a roku stick? I wonder if they're playing games with one of their competitors to the chromecast. it is quite annoying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom