Yukon men have 5 open schollies for next season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Yukon men have 5 open schollies for next season

They were in for Tremont Waters as well and he went to LSU. I swear if we don't beat them this year...

(and, yes, I will always laugh at the misfortunes of ucon regardless of what's going on with SU)
SU has some issues, but nothing like UConn and Pitt. This board, myself included, would be nuclear. But Ollie has that NC, so everything is awesome.

SU has some issues, but nothing like UConn and Pitt. This board, myself included, would be nuclear. But Ollie has that NC, so everything is awesome.
Any championship should give a coach 5 year grace period. Ollie has 2 years and he will be gone.
UConn isn't going to get a better coach though unless they are out of the AAC.

Any championship should give a coach 5 year grace period. Ollie has 2 years and he will be gone.
UConn isn't going to get a better coach though unless they are out of the AAC.
Ollie may want to leave on his own volition.

They were in for Tremont Waters as well and he went to LSU. I swear if we don't beat them this year...
actually this year they'll be decent, at least w the backcourt they'll roll out - but the following year is when things could really start bottoming out

actually this year they'll be decent, at least w the backcourt they'll roll out - but the following year is when things could really start bottoming out

Agreed -- as bad as their front court and depth is, if Gilbert is healthy they will have one of the best 1 - 2 punches at guard in the country with Adams.

Agreed -- as bad as their front court and depth is, if Gilbert is healthy they will have one of the best 1 - 2 punches at guard in the country with Adams.
Vital is good too

well, the currency boheim has achieved with just getting to the final four more than trumps any leeway Ollie has gotten by winning an actual championship

UConn's backcourt will be good. We'll need Battle to overmatch whoever he's on that day, and hope Thorpe/Howard can contain Gilbert/Vital. We should have a clear advantage down low, between Thompson/Sidibe/Brissett/Dolezaj/Moyer vs. Diarra and the low-ranked freshmen they have incoming.

with any luck, this will be next years starting 5
View attachment 100367

So there I was, heading up the Yukon river, late September 2014 after 3 weeks of moose hunting. We just passed the village of Tanana, and about 14 miles up river we see a dude on the shore, just losing his mind. Waving his soaking wet jacket, running down the beach trying to get our attention. Dude had been working on his fish wheel and his boat got away. He tried to swim to it, but with the freezing cold waters, and his cold weather gear weighing him down, he couldn't make it to the boat. He went back to shore. His dry clothes, his fire, his shelter, were all on the other side of the river. Pretty sure he would have froze if we hadn't came by. It was pretty late in the season, we were one of the last hunters to make the trip back up river. We scooped him up, got him to his boat, and back to his fire. A day or two later we finally make it back to my house. Before I jumped in the shower I was looking for something on TV for my old man to watch. We came across the show "Yukon Men". Neither of us had watched it before but thought maybe we'd recognize something from our 1700 mile round trip adventure. Five minutes later my dad's yelling for me to get out to the living room. White dude, Boston accent, pony tail, was on the screen. My dad goes "That's the dude we rescued!!"

I heard later that they made an episode out of that dude's mishap.. But 3 white guys saving the day didn't make the show

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom