Zags Podcast - Pearl and more | Syracusefan.com

Zags Podcast - Pearl and more

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
They had Kenny Anderson on to talk about Pearl. He talked mostly about his own documentary that he is producing, but did say unequivocally that he wanted to come to Syracuse but his mom said no (I have always viewed this as a sort of urban legend, but he confirmed it). Also recruiting info, Hami Diallo and Jordan Tucker's Rens coach in the second segment. Good listen.

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiti...ks-pearl-washington-knicks-and-nets/173443916

Moms are the worst
Daggummit. Consarnit, :(
mom-tattoo.jpg

Just an aside, I was fortunate enough to see both Kenny and Conrad on NYC playgrounds. Almost got in a pickup game with Kenny at my "home base" court. Saw Conrad in the Village Basketball courts. Kenny's speed was just plain scary. I cannot fully describe without giving him enough credit. And Conrad's strength, athleticism, dunking power made triple teams look silly. Wasn't even fair.

HoustonCuse said:
They had Kenny Anderson on to talk about Pearl. He talked mostly about his own documentary that he is producing, but did say unequivocally that he wanted to come to Syracuse but his mom said no (I have always viewed this as a sort of urban legend, but he confirmed it). Also recruiting info, Hami Diallo and Jordan Tucker's Rens coach in the second segment. Good listen. https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiti...ks-pearl-washington-knicks-and-nets/173443916

The house that Bobby built.

They had Kenny Anderson on to talk about Pearl. He talked mostly about his own documentary that he is producing, but did say unequivocally that he wanted to come to Syracuse but his mom said no (I have always viewed this as a sort of urban legend, but he confirmed it). Also recruiting info, Hami Diallo and Jordan Tucker's Rens coach in the second segment. Good listen.

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiti...ks-pearl-washington-knicks-and-nets/173443916
Why did Mom say ,no,?

What did he say about Mali and the Nba?

He said he asked JB about it several times at EYBL and got nothing but the Boeheim shrug (followed by Mali's declaration the next day). They talked about it all coming down to whether he gets invited to the combine or not. Reading between the lines, they think he is borderline to get an invite.

Becau$e Bobby Cremin$ gave her numerou$ rea$on$ to push her son down $outh to play for the Yellowjacket$.

Wasn't she also quoted as saying something like "That man was colder than the weather" referring to his not-so warm and cuddly living room visit. JB is a no nonsense guy. Cremins is a used car salesman.

Mom cost her boy a national championship. With that SU team, Kenny would have been cutting down the nets. He was the missing piece to what could have been a great college team.

Not only cutting down the nets, but that team with Kenny would have been a 0-1-2-3 loss team.

Not only cutting down the nets, but that team with Kenny would have been a 0-1-2-3 loss team.
Still, it would have been difficult for anyone to take that championship from UNLV.

Still, it would have been difficult for anyone to take that championship from UNLV.
au contraire (sp?)
PF DC vs. LJ (DC was national player of the year)
SF Billy O vs. Stacey Augmon
C Leron Ellis vs. David Butler
SG Stevie T vs. Anderson Hunt
PG Kenny A vs. Greg Anthony

I'd have loved SU's chances. We went 26-7 with Michael Edwards playing PG for goodness sake. Manning, Johnson and Scott off the bench (plus frosh McRae and Hop). Add Kenny Anderson to that team? Ridic!

au contraire (sp?)

I'd have loved SU's chances. We went 26-7 with Michael Edwards playing PG for goodness sake. Manning, Johnson and Scott off the bench (plus frosh McRae and Hop). Add Kenny Anderson to that team? Ridic!
I just remember UNLV dismantling the first Laettner-Hurley team by 30.

au contraire (sp?)

I just remember UNLV dismantling the first Laettner-Hurley team by 30.

Wasn't she also quoted as saying something like "That man was colder than the weather" referring to his not-so warm and cuddly living room visit. JB is a no nonsense guy. Cremins is a used car salesman.

Mom cost her boy a national championship. With that SU team, Kenny would have been cutting down the nets. He was the missing piece to what could have been a great college team.

I think the exact quote from mom was something like: "That city is cold, and so is that man." [Boeheim]

I'd take that bet. I'd like our matchups at every position, like cuseincincy posts above. That 90 team was LOADED, they just didn't have a point guard. They would have had the ultimate point guard if they'd landed Kenny Anderson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom