Zags? | Syracusefan.com

Zags?

ROCorange

Walk On
Haven't watched Gonzaga this year. Lunardi and Palm both have them as our 1 seed. Anybody care to break down how we match up with them? I need something to entertain me and get me through the next 2 1/2 hrs before tip off.

At this point our 1 seed can be almost anyone (other than Louisville or Georgetown).

Many people here think they suck and have played nobody. There 6-2 record vs RPI top 50 apparently didn't happen.

Haven't watched Gonzaga this year. Lunardi and Palm both have them as our 1 seed. Anybody care to break down how we match up with them? I need something to entertain me and get me through the next 2 1/2 hrs before tip off.

They have 2 NBA players on their team in Olynyk and Harris. Olynyk is a first team all american who would really give our bigs fits inside. Harris is a stud as well and would sit at the top of our zone and hit 12 footers all day long. Kevin Pangos is a pretty good guard who is small but can make shots.

People on here have openly mocked them for playing in a weaker conference. They are no joke and this is Few's best team by far that he has ever had. We would have fits with this team.

Are we going to be seeded 16th?

You're going to get some posters saying that Gonzaga has played a weak schedule so they're overrated.

This year with the general weakness of almost everybody I think the Zags have a shot.

Olynyk an athletic 7 footer would give us fits. Harris a forward is tough inside. Two decent guards Stockton and Pangos. A decent bench that has a couple of 3 point shooters who shoot a high percentage.

I think they'll be tough. I think defense could be their weakness.

I don't think anyone said they were an easy out just that they do play a weak regular season schedule and are in a weak conference and had a losing record vs. ranked teams. Few always finds talent but they are a wild card playing a national schedule ala NCAA tourney. I'm sure it would be a tough interesting match-up for us if it happens.

Also...I love how Michigan and Michigan State are in the Auburn Hills pod as #3 seeds.

How the hell does that happen?

I don't think anyone said they were an easy out just that they do play a weak regular season schedule and are in a weak conference and had a losing record vs. ranked teams. Few always finds talent but they are a wild card playing a national schedule ala NCAA tourney. I'm sure it would be a tough interesting match-up for us if it happens.

The whole they have a losing record vs ranked teams was absurd and is incorrect now anyway (even using silly at the time methodology) .

They beat Kansas St, Oklahoma St. and St, Mary's all of which are now ranked in a poll - who the F cares where they were ranked at the time.

Also...I love how Michigan and Michigan State are in the Auburn Hills pod as #3 seeds.

How the hell does that happen?

They have been locked into that pod for about a month now.

People on here have openly mocked them for playing in a weaker conference. They are no joke and this is Few's best team by far that he has ever had. We would have fits with this team.

Guilty as charged but I wouldn't call it mocking as much as taking a contrarian view point (which is pretty much SOP for me) to those that think they'll steam roll through the tourney because they've beaten St Mary's and BYU.

They would give us fits this year but so would 60% of teams in the tourney. There is also a chance that we would run them by 20 like we did a few years back if our shots are falling. Their forwards are legit but their guards run 5'11, 6'1, and 6'2. Our bigger guards may present a problem for them or may just stand there as the Zags guards dribble by them.

IMHO there aren't really any "#1" seeds in the tourney, this year more like a group of 8 "#2" seeds where 4 will have to get 1's. Duke and IU may be the closest to #1's but they would be the 3rd or 4th 1 on an average year. Not Georgetown though, they are a big steaming pile of #2.

The whole they have a losing record vs ranked teams was absurd and is incorrect now anyway (even using silly at the time methodology) .

They beat Kansas St, Oklahoma St. and St, Mary's all of which are now ranked in a poll - who the F cares where they were ranked at the time.

images

Ahhhh, we meet again

Also their starting guards are true Soph's and their 3rd off the bench is 165 lbs and would struggle to bench press the bar.
images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom