Zaire Franklin at the next level | Syracusefan.com

Zaire Franklin at the next level

corpjet

Board Prophet
What do you guys think Zaire Franklin will be at the next level?

A 3 down LB'er?
Rotational guy?

Who do you think he compares to at the next level?

His Pro Day looked solid, do you see that as him being a combine "freak" or will he excel at the NFL level?

Would he work better in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense?

As a Bengals fan and needing LBers would love for him to fall to us in the 5th-6th Round.

Pro Day was solid
He did not look like an NFL LB last year
I hope he gets a shot with a team

I don’t see him in a 3-4. Would have to be a 4-3 situational Sam maybe.

I hope he proves me wrong on the field... but this kid has a lot of potential for when he is done w football

My hope is that he is able to emulate Sam Mills or Zack Thomas. I have no idea if this era of the NFL will allow for that.

3 to 4 down LB...a season?

Rotational player...in practice??

With the #s he put up in the Cuse combine, someone should’ve had him longsnapping after practice, even if they wouldn’t let him do it in games for fear of injury or something.

He will likely be a late pick or UDFA who can stick on specials for a year or 2 unless he really excels.

3 to 4 down LB...a season?

Rotational player...in practice??

With the #s he put up in the Cuse combine, someone should’ve had him longsnapping after practice, even if they wouldn’t let him do it in games for fear of injury or something.

He will likely be a late pick or UDFA who can stick on specials for a year or 2 unless he really excels.
This.

We alllove Zaire, but he hasn’t been our best LB for the past two years, and he never showed he insane athleticism he displayed yesterday on the field. The fact that nearly every number he put up surprised everyone shows that he doesn’t play with that type of athleticism even if he’s got it. Scouts care more about kids who play at that speed than what they test at.

Zaire has a shot at the league but it’s uphill and he is going to have to fight tooth and nail for every opportunity just to prove he deserves a shot to impress people enough to make the field during a training camp

I still think if somebody from our team this year is going to make the league, it will be Ish. But even that’s obviously a stretch

never underestimate the guys from schools that were not successful but kept at it and worked hard at their craft. I could see his desire and leadership skills being something a team like the Patriots would appreciate. They just resigned Matt Slater again (he's 32) to play special teams. He's a leader and a guy who figured out his spot in the NFL.

What do you guys think Zaire Franklin will be at the next level?

A 3 down LB'er?
Rotational guy?

Who do you think he compares to at the next level?

His Pro Day looked solid, do you see that as him being a combine "freak" or will he excel at the NFL level?

Would he work better in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense?

As a Bengals fan and needing LBers would love for him to fall to us in the 5th-6th Round.

He might be the opposite of a 3rd down backer. The last few years he has struggled playing in space , covering. Same as cam lynch did a bit, well his only weakness. So, comparing him to cam size wise and skill wise is a great start. Just have to be able to cover and play in space in the NFL these days. Hope i am wrong, but that may hold him back. Good to hear he dropped some wgt bc 240+ on his frame last year slowed him down.

I think he will play in nfl. He has great instinct on where play is going. I think our defense slowed him down a bit on his natural downhill aggressiveness. He doesn’t have great cover skills but who looks comfortable covering nfl slots nowadays. More mike mentality but could do 3-4 also. I have faith in the kid.

Hope the staff considers bringing him on with his knowledge of the D and PA roots

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him playing at all.

I hope we are wrong, but i tend to side with you on this one. He is cam lynch 2.0 as stated . Size wise , leadership, and intangibles . Thing is Zaire got lit up in coverage last year . The league has become a play in space league if you are a backer. I like that zaire dropped some lbs and is faster bc 240+ made him too slow last year .

Non roster camp invite. Maybe practice squad if he lights it up and plays well on specials.

Zaire played his heart out here... I am rooting for him to succeed in the NFL and won't be surprised if he does it there.

The kid was solid as a true frosh and a captain as a soph.

I think he'll play at the next level.

I'm kind of surprised by his numbers. What held him back, especially in his senior year?

I'm kind of surprised by his numbers. What held him back, especially in his senior year?

I truly believe it was his added wgt. He played at over 240 last season which is barely 6 foot frame didnt carry well losing speed and flexibility and thus, his ability to play in space, cover and play sideline to sideline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom