Zian Jones Commits | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Zian Jones Commits

Z-Jones will be a nice add, if for nothing more, he'll add depth to DT. Even though we have decent depth at DT, I still think we need more wide-bodies like Crume, Sloan and Z-Jones. I like what I saw of ZJ's film, and I really like his athleticism for a big man. Very agile and quick. With Jones, I can now see either Goggins, Bramley and/or Brantley moving to DE to fill the gap for CJ. What would be icing on the cake is if we could also get Pierce-Brewster or Johnson to come in to fill the gap for MM. As far as Manley goes, I like the kid's make-up, but I feel he'll need a year or two to develop. I hope he keeps his commitment.

Check this site out as you flip by last name on it you will see a 4.9 is not that far fetched for OL DL players
http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

No way he runs a 4.9. Those kids at the combine have been coached up immensely -- and this isn't to say Jones will or will not be a good athlete. Phat is correct, these kids' reported times are BS.

No way he runs a 4.9. Those kids at the combine have been coached up immensely -- and this isn't to say Jones will or will not be a good athlete. Phat is correct, these kids' reported times are BS.
Wanted to add this combine is done with electronic time while high school 40 yards are by stop watch most of the time so that helps into his favor. So yes he could be a 5.1 guy but it's not that hard to get down to a 4.9 with the staff working with you. Either way he is not slow for his size which is a plus and would be 4.9 in the next year or so.