Zion may return to Duke (and snub Pelicans)... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Zion may return to Duke (and snub Pelicans)...

Collective statist thinking, is more like it. . Screw individual choice. Big brother should control all you do. How dare you maximize earnings. The free market is bad. (Except for you, who should be able to change employers and locations as you see fit.)
You’re right. What was I thinking having these poor souls having to basque in their mansions, indoor/outdoor pools and jacuzzis in the same city for their whole career? Just imagine if Bryce Harper had to make ends meet on 20 million a year.

But they would still be better opportunities in NY..or LA. Just a fact. More fans equals more money and more opportunities. Nobody can successfully argue otherwise.
i can

The thought that ownership hasn't done anything is so wild to me. Its like Boogies achilles blowing after they make a huge trade was a failure of their doing. That is bad luck, not a bad plan or lack of trying.
That's one time. What happened to the other years before or since?

Oh, and what has the management of the Knicks done in the last 10 years? Just moving players around isn't a sign of management doing anything positive.

That's one time. What happened to the other years before or since?

Oh, and what has the management of the Knicks done in the last 10 years? Just moving players around isn't a sign of management doing anything positive.

Since? That was literally last season. All the idiots on here asking this and think he should go to the Lakers or Knicks and asking what the Pels did. Winning a playoff series last year in the West is more than either of them have accomplished in ages. Neither has won a single series in 6 years.

The NBA seems to be doing just fine with the Knicks and Lakers absolutely sucking so don’t sell me this small market bs.
as a totality - the NBA is better off with the big markets sucking and the small markets doing well than vice versa - NY, LA etc are still making $$$ with sorry teams but the Cavs OKC and Nolas aren't.

I predicted Zion to NY or LA but was wrong for the same reason: business.

Given that not all teams can be winners...NBA's best strategy to maximize profits: prop up small markets and let the big markets "flounder"...and thats what we've been seeing...

maybe that's why magic johnson quit out of nowhere - he learned that he wasn't getting zion or anthony davis or any other big signing and bounced before it became public...

pleeeeez say it's not so...

d70aadac-9c81-45dd-9a25-d16e215d0483-large16x9_dolezaj.jpg

as a totality - the NBA is better off with the big markets sucking and the small markets doing well than vice versa - NY, LA etc are still making $$$ with sorry teams but the Cavs OKC and Nolas aren't.

I predicted Zion to NY or LA but was wrong for the same reason: business.

Given that not all teams can be winners...NBA's best strategy to maximize profits: prop up small markets and let the big markets "flounder"...and thats what we've been seeing...

maybe that's why magic johnson quit out of nowhere - he learned that he wasn't getting zion or anthony davis or any other big signing and bounced before it became public...

The Nets and Clippers both made the playoffs. The Clippers have one of the best coaches in the league, and the Nets have done a good job in building a talented young core.

The Knicks and Lakers organizations have just been sloppy. It’s not some grand scheme or conspiracy.

Market is overrated. SU has higher average attendance than every NBA team. NBA is bringing in money from TV deals and overseas, Europe and China are huge growing markets for them. None of that matters where you play, good players and good teams are going to be watched.

I think he has gotten a bad rap recently because of his desire to be with a winning team. After seven years of playing his heart out in New Orleans (where ownership has done nothing to improve the team), I think he has earned the right to want to play for another crappy team, albeit in the best city and media market in the world.

There. Fixed it for you.

Depending on who they add at PG that team could easily vault to #2 in the West next year.

Russ and PG have consented to living in OKC which is unquestionably the worst city to have a pro sports team (and why KD deserves a pass for bailing he didn't ask to be forced to move from Seattle to that hole.)

Could still see AD leaving despite all that next summer. Its hard to get on one of the marquee teams. But noone wants to play with LeBron and the Knicks are a joke. I expect a mass exodus to the Clippers and all those guys to catch heat for ring chasing as they do so. (Kyrie, Klay, Kahwi etc.)