Zion will not play tomorrow per Jeff Goodman | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zion will not play tomorrow per Jeff Goodman

Zion absolutely torched us underneath the basket and made plays from the soft spot during the last game. I wondered out loud why there weren't going to him on every possession. He could have dropped 50 on us. Finished with 35pts on 12-20 shooting.

His absence is a big, big deal
true, but subtracting zion while adding jones & reddish is maybe a wash?

Zion absolutely torched us underneath the basket and made plays from the soft spot during the last game. I wondered out loud why there weren't going to him on every possession. He could have dropped 50 on us. Finished with 35pts on 12-20 shooting.

His absence is a big, big deal
He SHOULD have dropped 50 on us, but K let Jack White take 10 3's and 17 from RJ Barrett. Zion could've scored anytime he touched the ball, but they didn't even look at him on numerous possessions. It wasn't stellar D.

true, but subtracting zion while adding jones & reddish is maybe a wash?

I agree, no doubt Tre and Cam make it a different team. Mostly meant Zion was a major zone buster. Does K stick Barrett in the middle of the zone now?

gM2tyFJ.gif

mr pink!

tomorrow is 1 of the rare games i dare the other team to make 3s. usually im all about extending the zone from the opening tip, but ill be fine with duke jacking up 30 3s tonorrow. as long as they dont make 20 of them lol

tomorrow is 1 of the rare games i dare the other team to make 3s. usually im all about extending the zone from the opening tip, but ill be fine with duke jacking up 30 3s tonorrow. as long as they dont make 20 of them lol

Need to get up on O'Connell when he's in the game. He's the one guy that could kill us from deep.

Will be interesting as to what the strategy is tomorrow. No Zion changes the game dramatically for Duke on offense. Our whole focus last game was to sag off and let them shoot, while not allowing touches in the paint for Zion. It somewhat worked, in the sense that Duke continued to jack up shot after shot instead of working to get the ball to Zion, who dominated us when he did touch it.

Do you stay with that same strategy of coercing them into jacking up tons of 3's or do you switch it up not having to worry about getting crushed inside as much anymore?

Get out on Barrett and O”Connell and let everyone else chuck it.

I feel really weird about tomorrow in the fact I think we roll them.

Need to get up on O'Connell when he's in the game. He's the one guy that could kill us from deep.

yea but hes been really bad since that game. which means he'll hit 8 3s against us

Get out on Barrett and O”Connell and let everyone else chuck it.

I feel really weird about tomorrow in the fact I think we roll them.

i felt that way about the louisville game, just felt an easy win coming. i expect a close game tomorrow

This should be interesting news and a boon to our chances, but in light of the circumstances -- tough to get excited about tomorrow's game anymore.

Understand how terrible the tragedy is but I’m very excited for the game.

Understand how terrible the tragedy is but I’m very excited for the game.

I couldn't agree more. I feel terrible for all parties involved but at the same time, I am extremely excited for every Cuse game. Before every game (and even sometimes during and after haha) is the one irrational but consistent source of excitement for me that I don't think will ever fade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom