Zionized... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zionized...

That's actually a pretty good comp. He also reminds me of Larry Johnson.
Zion is tremendous, but people saying we've never seen anyone like him might be overstating things.
I watched some highlights of LJ today based on that exact same comparison. Bottom line, Zion is bigger and much more explosive.

He must be 80% plus fast twitch muscle fibers. These go anaerobically, but they tire easily. That's why his life between explosions is so much of a struggle. Seems like he's always trying to recover.

He must be 80% plus fast twitch muscle fibers. These go anaerobically, but they tire easily. That's why his life between explosions is so much of a struggle. Seems like he's always trying to recover.
Lol. Someone's taking a kinesiology class.

big dude was amazing. i regret we didn't get to see him play live in the dome .
Yup. Might have been something to tell the kids about.

I watched some highlights of LJ today based on that exact same comparison. Bottom line, Zion is bigger and much more explosive.

Bigger, yes. Though they both fit the bill as 6’7ish tanks with strength and explosiveness.

Zion might be more explosive, but I don’t know about “much more”.

LJ was something else. #1 pick. I remember LJ said there was supposed to be a Converse commercial with Larry Bird and Magic Johnson as mad scientist doctors combining their names while “creating” next great player in an operating room, which is why he signed with Converse as a rookie. Different forms of media, but the hype was very much there with LJ too and deservedly so. He was a specimen too.

Bigger, yes. Though they both fit the bill as 6’7ish tanks with strength and explosiveness.

Zion might be more explosive, but I don’t know about “much more”.

LJ was something else. #1 pick. I remember LJ said there was supposed to be a Converse commercial with Larry Bird and Magic Johnson as mad scientist doctors combining their names while “creating” next great player in an operating room, which is why he signed with Converse as a rookie. Different forms of media, but the hype was very much there with LJ too and deservedly so. He was a specimen too.
Players are a lot bigger in general now with the improvements in diet and training. I bet LJ would have been similar in size if he was 19 years old now.

Zion is going to be a good pro but i doubt he even sniffs LeBrons level. His outside shot is average. I dont see him beating NBA guys off the dribble which pushes him inside where he will do well. He is going to have to stay in shape as he might not get taller but he will get bigger if he doesn't watch it. In many ways he reminds me of pearl.
Obviously two completely different players but similar in the fact they had a skill that was singularly dominant at the collegiate level. However because their gift was one dimensional it didn't dominate at the next level. Bottom line he is going to be a solid pro but i dont believe he is going to dominate in the NBA at a level close to LJ.

Even before he was injured I was already questioning Zion's longevity in the NBA. Given his high flying and high impact style of play how long do you think his knees last?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom