“I guess, kinda like Frank you don’t get it” | Syracusefan.com

“I guess, kinda like Frank you don’t get it”

cat Heavy breathing GIF

Guess I’m resigned to yet another season of half heartedly half watching while posting all game in the game thread for some level of entertainment.

This sucks.
Ya, I’ve been checked out most of the season. I’ve been watching in a zombie like state. No emotion. I’m so ready for SU hoops to move on from JB. It may be an even bigger disaster but it’s time to make the move. Make it official that next season is his last and start the search for the next head coach now.

“We’ll play some zone always, but our better teams, way back in the past we played half man and half zone. And that’s what we’d like to get to. We’d like to at least get to that. I think that’s where we’re headed,” Boeheim said.

I mean I’ll believe this when I see it but it would make him staying more palatable.

I’d also submit it’s years too late and has hints of old man nostalgia. Like half my friends who think we just need to get back to throwing alley oops all game. It ain’t ‘88.

Ya, I’ve been checked out most of the season. I’ve been watching in a zombie like state. No emotion. I’m so ready for SU hoops to move on from JB. It may be an even bigger disaster but it’s time to make the move. Make it official that next season is his last and start the search for the next head coach now.
Yup. I find it impossible to get into most of these games. When you KNOW you can’t get stops, there’s no point in even getting invested.

I thought the “when you know you might get a shot clock violation every single time down the floor” rock fight era was a tough watch.

Can we just have a team that plays good ball on both ends, again?

I like where people assume the players have the same level of relationship to JB that they do or that they’d not heard worse in private.

More “that thing he said at the press conference“ vs 40+ years of building a program to where we expect top 25 type seasons. People complaining about his press conferences is the only thing as consistent as his winning %. I don’t know why people take it personal. It’s weird.

He took a swing at having an unathletic, but lights out shooting team and it failed. He got to see his sons play together which if you’re not blinded by weirdness is awesome. He’s changed in the past, he’ll get us better.

I don't really get what Benny would accomplish by leaving. Provided Jimmy leaves (which it appears to be the case), he has a starting position next year. He will get plenty of minutes, probably too many (knowing Boeheim). I'm not sure if Frank's situation gets any better by leaving either.

I like where people assume the players have the same level of relationship to JB that they do or that they’d not heard worse in private.

More “that thing he said at the press conference“ vs 40+ years of building a program to where we expect top 25 type seasons. People complaining about his press conferences is the only thing as consistent as his winning %. I don’t know why people take it personal. It’s weird.

He took a swing at having an unathletic, but lights out shooting team and it failed. He got to see his sons play together which if you’re not blinded by weirdness is awesome. He’s changed in the past, he’ll get us better.
You defended Scott Shafer’s behavior.

I am tired of the on court results. But I am really sick of disparaging players in the press. Especially when JB constructed this roster and is responsible for its development. Program feels like it’s in a nose dive
Not really a nose dive, which is a quick, uncontrollable downturn. We’ve been in a slow descent for many years now.

Another year as a zombie fan.

No hope or expectations for anything at this point.

JB thought he could have both boys playing and twist the knobs to put us in bubble position again for the tourney. I"m sure he knew it wouldn't be his best team, but was confident he could make it work and get us back to the dance. He never thought it could go so bad that he'd be staring at the NIT bubble and his 1st losing season in his career.

I genuinely think JB knows he grossly miscalculated this season and you can see it with his less-than-animated self in the press conferences. His pride will never allow him to admit it publicly, so we've seen a revolving door of various players thrown under the bus as some sort of terrible blame game deflection. This has been unfortunate and frankly, pathetic.

This season/off-season could certainly get worse, especially if a clutch of our players hit the portal again.

With another year all but confirmed, it's time for Wildhack to put the "take the keys" plans in place for the end of next season (if not already queued.) I am sure JB wholeheartedly thinks he can right the ship and go out respectably. Hope springs eternal but recent history shows he's well past it, sadly.

If it goes ugly, so be it. It's not like things aren't already ugly.

Nobody wanted this to end this way but here we are.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom