“I guess, kinda like Frank you don’t get it” | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

“I guess, kinda like Frank you don’t get it”

1645975771308.png

Joe?

That’s a bush league comment even for my standards. He’s falling apart mentally.. Honestly you could knock every player for something if you really wanted to and you wouldn’t have to dig deep either. He plays favorites and some comments should be between player and coach, not even for the whole team to hear, yet alone on open mic for the world to hear. I don’t ever remember him publically dogging players until the last few years. Pathetic!

Wait, so you all think JB was going to say in the presser last night thats hes done? Come on people. What he is saying publicly right now doesnt mean anything.

No, JB you don’t get it.

You don’t get how to build a basketball roster that has the appropriate basketball skill and athleticism to beat top teams anymore and next year will be the same unless you get 2-3 more players.

I think he is getting into the delusional stage.
First, he gets soo defensive you can tell he is insecure. I think he's always been this way when he shouldn't have been when he was younger but it really shows now. And then he deflects and can't take responsibility often, another example of poor leadership.
Does he really think this 5 or 6 man class is going to magically turn things around? I've lost confidence in his ability to evaluate and rate his talent anymore, his record the last 8 years proves that.

I have been very critical about jim the last several years and have become very ambivalent. I don’t know why, but this comment is the final straw. Why are you degrading your OWN player in that comment? I mean why? You have mods on this board that won’t let us comment about these kids like this because they are in fact KIDS!!! And the Coach finds it necessary to just undress his own player that he recruited and coached in practice in front of the media? I mean Jim, your a 78 year old adult. This was a smart and good idea to you? ACT your god damn age. RETIRE NOW BEFORE YOU RUIN YOUR LEGACY!!!! IM DONE

Ya, I’ve been checked out most of the season. I’ve been watching in a zombie like state. No emotion. I’m so ready for SU hoops to move on from JB. It may be an even bigger disaster but it’s time to make the move. Make it official that next season is his last and start the search for the next head coach now.
Football season can't start soon enough.

So, Frank wasn’t supposed to cover the guy at the foul line that received the ball there with no resistance because the guards can’t defend at all? The guy at fault is Frank?
It depends on the game plan, if the plan was to let them shoot the foul line jumper then yes, frank should've sagged back

That’s a bush league comment even for my standards. He’s falling apart mentally.. Honestly you could knock every player for something if you really wanted to and you wouldn’t have to dig deep either. He plays favorites and some comments should be between player and coach, not even for the whole team to hear, yet alone on open mic for the world to hear. I don’t ever remember him publically dogging players until the last few years. Pathetic!
Tyler Roberson and Paul Harris would disagree it’s only been the past few years. He dogged Paul after the 6 OT game for not making layups. Paul had something like 29 pts and 22 boards that game. He’s always been snarky but got away with it before because it was a different time and they were winning

Tyler Roberson and Paul Harris would disagree it’s only been the past few years. He dogged Paul after the 6 OT game for not making layups. Paul had something like 29 pts and 22 boards that game. He’s always been snarky but got away with it before because it was a different time and they were winning
Paul did miss a ton of layups in that game though, but we get your point.

So, Frank wasn’t supposed to cover the guy at the foul line that received the ball there with no resistance because the guards can’t defend at all? The guy at fault is Frank?

The thing is, if Banchero just rained in a bunch of 10 foot jumpers in the middle of the lane with Frank staying back, JB would throw him under the bus as well and say "Frank's supposed to step up into the middle of the paint and contest that shot, but he didn't."

It's a no-win situation, he's supposed to simultaneously guard the paint, cover the corner 3, and step up to defend the foul line. If the other team successfully executes in any of these 3 scenarios, then he will get blamed. No mention of how the ball was passed to the foul line with ZERO effort to contest the pass throughout the entire game.

guessing the gameplan was to cover 3's and not give up dunks

The question is whether ADJW feels the same way. Jim will be 78 next season. He has provided allot of fun years of hoops and I appreciate that. I have been a fan since the early 70s when I was old enough to enjoy. It's time for JB to retire. I firmly believe that if ADJW believes that also then JB will be on the way out. Sorry but appreciate what coach has done but he is to old to do his job. No shame in that. We all get to that point. He coached his boys but time is up.

The thing is, if Banchero just rained in a bunch of 10 foot jumpers in the middle of the lane with Frank staying back, JB would throw him under the bus as well and say "Frank's supposed to step up into the middle of the paint and contest that shot, but he didn't."

It's a no-win situation, he's supposed to simultaneously guard the paint, cover the corner 3, and step up to defend the foul line. If the other team successfully executes in any of these 3 scenarios, then he will get blamed. No mention of how the ball was passed to the foul line with ZERO effort to contest the pass throughout the entire game.
Well put. You said what I was too lazy to write out. It makes JB look dumb. I don’t think JB is dumb, so it just makes me distrust his judgement and intention.

Is he talking about Frank, our player, or another reporter named Frank? I don’t have the full context even after watching that.

Here's some context:

"I have said from the beginning -- I talked to Cole at the beginning of the year," Boeheim said. "He said he wanted to play here one year. I talked to Jimmy at the beginning of the year. He said he wanted to play here one year. I’ve talked to Buddy numerous times. He said he wanted to finish this year. That’s how we’ve recruited. That’s what we’ve told everybody. That’s what’s going to happen. Nothing has changed. Nobody has told me anything differently. And that’s why we’re trying to bring in six guys, or seven."

"Whoever said I wasn’t?" Boeheim said. "You don’t need to ask. It’s been asked and answered 26,000 times. Every press conference I gave at the beginning of the year, I said I had no intentions of not coaching. I said it 30 times. Because we’re having a bad year, you want me to quit? I don’t quit because we’re having a bad year. I’ve told every recruit – we had a pretty good recruit in here today – I’ve told every single one of them, 'I’ll be coaching next year.' So I don’t know what you need me to do or say."

Boeheim then mocked the reporter who asked the question, comparing his comprehension to that of second-year center Frank Anselem, who Boeheim said played only eight minutes after starting due to poor defensive positioning.

"I guess, kind of like Frank, you don’t get it," he said.

From the horse's mouth for all to hear. There's really not much to say IMO. Unfortunately, it clearly speaks for itself.

Last edited:
The question is whether ADJW feels the same way. Jim will be 78 next season. He has provided allot of fun years of hoops and I appreciate that. I have been a fan since the early 70s when I was old enough to enjoy. It's time for JB to retire. I firmly believe that if ADJW believes that also then JB will be on the way out. Sorry but appreciate what coach has done but he is to old to do his job. No shame in that. We all get to that point. He coached his boys but time is up.
JW is always very guarded and calculating in what he says publically. Always. This is why his comments about JB having built a lot of "equity" were so important. The results on the court this season are not going to be the impetus, IMO. But...JB's return to player and media bashing might burn that equity much faster than the end of the season record will.

Here's some context:

"I have said from the beginning -- I talked to Cole at the beginning of the year," Boeheim said. "He said he wanted to play here one year. I talked to Jimmy at the beginning of the year. He said he wanted to play here one year. I’ve talked to Buddy numerous times. He said he wanted to finish this year. That’s how we’ve recruited. That’s what we’ve told everybody. That’s what’s going to happen. Nothing has changed. Nobody has told me anything differently. And that’s why we’re trying to bring in six guys, or seven."

"Whoever said I wasn’t?" Boeheim said. "You don’t need to ask. It’s been asked and answered 26,000 times. Every press conference I gave at the beginning of the year, I said I had no intentions of not coaching. I said it 30 times. Because we’re having a bad year, you want me to quit? I don’t quit because we’re having a bad year. I’ve told every recruit – we had a pretty good recruit in here today – I’ve told every single one of them, 'I’ll be coaching next year.' So I don’t know what you need me to do or say."

Boeheim then mocked the reporter who asked the question, comparing his comprehension to that of second-year center Frank Anselem, who Boeheim said played only eight minutes after starting due to poor defensive positioning.

"I guess, kind of like Frank, you don’t get it," he said.

From the horses mouth for all to hear. There's really not much to say IMO. Unfortunately, it clearly speaks for itself.
The worst part is that he started laughing at himself after his dig on Frank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom