#1 SYR at #25 PITT - 2014 | Syracusefan.com

#1 SYR at #25 PITT - 2014

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Just watched that game again on Youtube. Talk about two incredible defensive teams. Pitt had been 9-0 up until then when playing top five teams at the Peterson Center and I think Jamie Dixon was 10-5 against us going into that game. As usual, they killed us on the offensive glass. This is the game Ennis made the buzzer beater just over half court to give us the win 58-56. Ah, the memories :)

I went looking for the time Coleman blocket a Pitt shot late in the first round of the 1990 Big East Tournament to avoid it 1 v 8 upset. Is there a laser disc or anything out there with that one? A reel of film?

A lot of good Pitt memories. When we are beating them of course..I like that they came to the ACC with us because Pitt is ...

This never gets old watching the Ennis shot and the look on the faces of the Pitt players and fans. It’s also funny watching Ennis tell the Pitt student body to “kiss my ...”.

I went looking for the time Coleman blocket a Pitt shot late in the first round of the 1990 Big East Tournament to avoid it 1 v 8 upset. Is there a laser disc or anything out there with that one? A reel of film?

A lot of good Pitt memories. When we are beating them of course..I like that they came to the ACC with us because Pitt is ...

There was a Stevie Thompson game winning steal and dunk against Pitt in that era too.

I’ve got a ton of games on VHS. Might get them all converted. Lots of 2003 games including Ga tech and ND at home.

GA Tech first half was probably when I realized how good we could be. GMac's end-of-the-half steal and 3 was the cherry on top.

Digital converters are pretty cheap -- biggest problem is it is time consuming.

Twice. Apparently recorded on a toaster...

Michael Edwards going all Nick Van Exel and bringing it up the court and launching a 3 without passing to anybody first when down by 4, was really ballsy.

GA Tech first half was probably when I realized how good we could be. GMac's end-of-the-half steal and 3 was the cherry on top.

Digital converters are pretty cheap -- biggest problem is it is time consuming.

That end of half steal and shot(I think it was a 2) was against Missouri.

Unless it happened twice...

That end of half steal and shot(I think it was a 2) was against Missouri.

Unless it happened twice...

Ahhh yes, confused those two.

In any event, that first half was ridiculous.

Would love to watch the Michigan State game in 2003.

Same! I remember watching that one in our dorm room suite living room with 4 of my suite mates: 3 other pretty solid Cuse fans and 1 casual, and a few other bball fans from our floor. All I remember is Warrick and Melo seeming like they were on another level, and feeling like I held my breathe for like 20 seconds on Michigan State’s last possesion.

The 2004 Michigan State game at the Dome was a great Orange performance too. If only Billy Edelin could’ve kept it together...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom