13 second half points by SBU | Syracusefan.com

13 second half points by SBU

elkeed

Scout Team
That has to be a record for fewest points allowed in the modern era. This club is for real and Jim knows it. The effort they exuded was tremendous and to get jobbed by some rookie ass official was infuriating. No wonder the old boy got so worked up.

Yes. They completely took away Adams and the Bonnies clearly had multiple guys on the court who didn’t want to shoot. Our press worked perfectly...got some steals up front, and the Bonnies couldn’t finish and make us pay when they broke it and had numbers...but they kept trying instead of just pulling it out and running clock.

Wish we would’ve paid more attention to Adams in the first half.

If we had a shooter or an inside scorer, we win easily. But we don’t.

He’s worked several games this year at the Dome. He has an arrogance about him and has been awful in every game. Late in the game, he also ran in from beyond half court to call a foul when the baseline ref had a jump ball.

That guy made many big calls and everyone of them was awful and went against us. Seemed intentional. He was worse than Burr and Higgins, and I don’t say that lightly.

Matt Park said that JB spent much of his time engaging with the younger ref, who was making most of the calls.

That has to be a record for fewest points allowed in the modern era. This club is for real and Jim knows it. The effort they exuded was tremendous and to get jobbed by some rookie ass official was infuriating. No wonder the old boy got so worked up.

The team is for real. So are it's strengths and weaknesses.

This was very similar to Kansas in the respect of letting a flurry by one guy determine the outcome.

With that said, after this game I hope we try and get Marek more involved in the offense when he is in there. Gotta have another guy to take the pressure off. Felt he could have had a 15 pt night had we run more stuff for him.

Maybe the Fbi will recieve some tips about a ref betting on the Bonnies

E40C856B-B2E2-42BE-8E43-83C63EE2A29A.gif

Where the home (favored) team still managed to lose the game. :bat:

Syracuse or NCAA modern record? If NCAA it's not close

Earlier this year, I watched a part of a game where Northwestern gave up 8 first half points to Chicago St.

I remember there was a B10 tounrey game some years back where I think both teams had less than 13. For some reason I remember the Fab5 as freshman putting up a stinker against Ohio St and possibly having 9 at the half.

As for Syracuse, I seem to remember them crushing Maine in the 2010 season. where I think Maine had less than 13.

EDIT - 12 points vs Maine in 2010. See link below. Still not sure if it's a modern record for Syracuse,

#8/7 Syracuse Strong In 101-55 Win Against Maine

Last edited:
in addition to the poor calls he also does this weird professor snape thing where he uses his magic to alter the path of our jumpers. he needs to be reported to the ministry !

Syracuse or NCAA modern record? If NCAA it's not close

Earlier this year, I watched a part of a game where Northwestern gave up 8 first half points to Chicago St.

I remember there was a B10 tounrey game some years back where I think both teams had less than 13. For some reason I remember the Fab5 as freshman putting up a stinker against Ohio St and possibly having 9 at the half.

As for Syracuse, I seem to remember them crushing Maine in the 2010 season. where I think Maine had less than 13.

EDIT - 12 points vs Maine in 2010. See link below. Still not sure if it's a modern record for Syracuse,

#8/7 Syracuse Strong In 101-55 Win Against Maine

When does the "modern era" begin and what defines it?

When does the "modern era" begin and what defines it?
Around 1938.

That's when:
  1. The jump ball after every score was eliminated.
  2. Hank Luisetti popularized (invented?) the jump shot.
  3. The NCAA tournament began.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom