Class of 2015 - 2/4/15 Surprise? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 2/4/15 Surprise?

RMH44

All American
First, I apologize for starting a new thread but I'm curious what others think.

With all the great recruiting news over the last couple of days, my gut tells me that we might get a signing day surprise. Maybe I've just got indigestion but I'm hoping it's More Than a Feeling ;-)

Reportedly, we've pulled at least one offer. Could it be we're creating room for a surprise recruit?

I defer to those who follow recruiting more closely than I...thoughts?

Intri
Easton Bruere
interesting prospect; however, I have yet to see a post regarding anyone on our staff making contact with him. This despite the fact we have 2 coaches who have recruited in that area of the country.

We might have room for one more besides Grimes. Please let it be a QB or WR if so

We might have room for one more besides Grimes. Please let it be a QB or WR if so
I feel like i haven't heard a WR name since Freddie Simmons and he wasn't that impressive.

I feel like i haven't heard a WR name since Freddie Simmons and he wasn't that impressive.

You are right, we could use a WR but none have been on the radar. Not sure how the staff can be ok with whom we have beyond Ishmael

You are right, we could use a WR but none have been on the radar. Not sure how the staff can be ok with whom we have beyond Ishmael
Don't forget we never got to see Enoicy who the staff was raving about. A healthy Estime might change you mind some too. I want to see if the staff can create mismatches for Broyld and Custis, they need to attack with their size and speed.

Ish, Irv, Ash, Bris, Funder, Corny, Ben, Cust, Eno,... we will be ok

The first 2 and last 2 were all true frosh that should Improve with an offseason of S & C, coaching, and working with their qb's.

The 2nd 2 should improve with being healthy as well as the afformentioned.

Lewis had a decent enough season despite most folks only remembering that one play.

Funderburke, and Cornelius have the requisite athletic ability I'd they can put together the mental side and show they want it in practice. Either could become a Marcus Sales type this season.

The biggest reason I'm excited for the new IPF is to see which WRs decide they want to live there with Hunt and Long who we know will put in the time.

I hope you folks are right about the WRs, believe me. QB issues certainly haven't helped the WRs reach their potential.

there are 10 WRS on the depth chart - all of who play. Even if we did bring in a new WR recruit what are the chances the kid would get on the field?

Don't expect a surprise. Grimes would be one and if there was another I could see it being O'Korn as a transfer, but don't see us landing anyone else.

We have to get some catches from our TE's. Im a big fan of throwing to them. Especially on play action. We totally neglect them last year. I blame lack of production on scheme along with injuries. Despite the injuries and even prior to the injuries I did not like what we were doing. We got away from down hill running and went to finesse mis direction type run plays. That shouldnt have change just because of the lost of Jerome. We had guys like AAM and DMF that could have provided some down hill running. I really hope we get back to some smash mouth running.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom