Class of 2015 - 2/4/15 Surprise? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 2/4/15 Surprise?

We have to get some catches from our TE's. Im a big fan of throwing to them. Especially on play action. We totally neglect them last year. I blame lack of production on scheme along with injuries. Despite the injuries and even prior to the injuries I did not like what we were doing. We got away from down hill running and went to finesss mis direction type run plays. That shouldnt have change just because of the lost of Jerome. We had guys like AAM and DMF that could have provided some down hill running. I really hope we get back to some smash mouth running.
It appears that the scheme (or lack thereof) was one of the factors that lead Jerome to leave.

I just wish we could get Daiquan Kelly back in the fold. Oh well.

We have to get some catches from our TE's. Im a big fan of throwing to them. Especially on play action. We totally neglect them last year. I blame lack of production on scheme along with injuries. Despite the injuries and even prior to the injuries I did not like what we were doing. We got away from down hill running and went to finesse mis direction type run plays. That shouldnt have change just because of the lost of Jerome. We had guys like AAM and DMF that could have provided some down hill running. I really hope we get back to some smash mouth running.

You aren't alone. I think that is supposed to be changing under OC Lester this year.

I think they pick up Grimes and Bruere to round out the class. If you've got an open ship, why wouldn't you add Bruere and see what he can do? We'll figure out who doesn't qualify or make it here, it always happens, and then we'll add O'Korn QB or O'Connor PSU QB.

I think they pick up Grimes and Bruere to round out the class. If you've got an open ship, why wouldn't you add Bruere and see what he can do? We'll figure out who doesn't qualify or make it here, it always happens, and then we'll add O'Korn QB or O'Connor PSU QB.
You sure have a lot of confidence they add a QB, don't you?!

We have to get some catches from our TE's. Im a big fan of throwing to them. Especially on play action. We totally neglect them last year. I blame lack of production on scheme along with injuries. Despite the injuries and even prior to the injuries I did not like what we were doing. We got away from down hill running and went to finesse mis direction type run plays. That shouldnt have change just because of the lost of Jerome. We had guys like AAM and DMF that could have provided some down hill running. I really hope we get back to some smash mouth running.

This was my biggest criticism of our run game last season. We got away from the "hard-nosed" running style, and went to the finest style. Just didn't seem to every really get going like it had in years past. Wasn't sure why they changed something that worked?

Has their be any mention of interest in Bruere besides this board? Hard to think that's even on the radar.

Don't expect a surprise. Grimes would be one and if there was another I could see it being O'Korn as a transfer, but don't see us landing anyone else.

Good or bad, Cross could fall in the surprise category...

Wanted to throw this out there but besides the QB's, New Jersey 4 star freshman WR Adonis Jennings (Pitt transfer) is still available. He hasn't jumped on board with anybody yet.

Wanted to throw this out there but besides the QB's, New Jersey 4 star freshman WR Adonis Jennings (Pitt transfer) is still available. He hasn't jumped on board with anybody yet.

that wouldn't be a bad add. Coach Acosta can do his thing.

Can you transfer from one ACC school to another without sitting out two seasons?

Can you transfer from one ACC school to another without sitting out two seasons?

I'm not sure what the ACC transfer rules are, but Pitt might have declined to release him to an in-conference school. I'd have to go look. There are ways around it though.

Big East rules.

upload_2015-2-4_14-14-25.jpeg

41mwF4LSRdL.jpg

upload_2015-2-4_14-15-2.jpeg

hulkrules.jpg

I thought he was locked in to end up at Rutgers, what happened there?

Since Grimes didn't commit, nor anyone else that was not anticipated, doesn't this mean we have one or possibly two scholarships left?

Since Grimes didn't commit, nor anyone else that was not anticipated, doesn't this mean we have one or possibly two scholarships left?
I believe so. The tacked post at the top of the board says we have 57 returning, 2 January enrollees (back-dated I believe), and 24 LOI's. That puts us at 83, so we have 2 roster spots open. We can only bring in 25 new faces this year, though, so it seems like we can only take one more new scholarship player, which will put us at 84. We could take more if some kids don't qualify, but only up to 25 total new players. The last schollie will probably be awarded to one of the walk-ons.

Probably 2 at this point. I would love to see a solid JUCO kid who plays safety or CB be brought in. No clue who is out there, but if there is someone who can contribute and compete right away, bring him in. Our lack of experience and depth back there is worrysome.

I believe so. The tacked post at the top of the board says we have 57 returning, 2 January enrollees (back-dated I believe), and 24 LOI's. That puts us at 83, so we have 2 roster spots open. We can only bring in 25 new faces this year, though, so it seems like we can only take one more new scholarship player, which will put us at 84. We could take more if some kids don't qualify, but only up to 25 total new players. The last schollie will probably be awarded to one of the walk-ons.

Unless the NCAA hits the football team with scholarship reductions. We may be stuck at 83.

They can't hit for this year, can they? What if we were full?

Since we're not full, why not start now?

We already took the bowl ban this past season. ;)

Probably 2 at this point. I would love to see a solid JUCO kid who plays safety or CB be brought in. No clue who is out there, but if there is someone who can contribute and compete right away, bring him in. Our lack of experience and depth back there is worrysome.

Ahhh we don't want anyone right...i know, i know, Jay Bromley (once in a lifetime), especially a JC guy. JC guys would have been well scouted, and anyone with a heartbeat would have been snatched up. Unless we can get some stud transfer we should reward 2 walk-ons a scholarship, and go into next year with 2 more available slots for early enrollment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom