2 Stupidest possessions of the season | Syracusefan.com

2 Stupidest possessions of the season

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
can't believe our last 2 possessions. BT's bull rush to an offensive foul instead of passing off to CJ or kicking to James for a 3 after he just made one. And then Cooney drive for a two with 10 seconds ...What? How about passing to James or CJ for a 3. Can't believe that was the play JB called. So frustrating to end a great season with two bonehead plays when the chance to win was there to be had.

The BT overthrow out of bounds with 3:38 was worse than his drive.

As for the last play, it pretty much was irrelevant. Even if we somehow made a three to tie it up, can you imagine playing OT without any member of our starting back court?

It's over let it go. Focus on the positives, celebrate our successes, this team certainly earned it.

The BT overthrow out of bounds with 3:38 was worse than his drive.

As for the last play, it pretty much was irrelevant. Even if we somehow made a three to tie it up, can you imagine playing OT without any member of our starting back court?

It's over let it go. Focus on the positives, celebrate our successes, this team certainly earned it.

There were three or four times we (Triche and MCW) tried to force the ball to Christmas resulting in a turnover.

The Triche charge was a bad call by the official and even now I don't mind the decision. The last few minutes he was driving and finishing at will. When you leave you feet and the defender leans into you there isn't much you can do. I probably could have even lived with a no-call there, but a charge call especially after seeing the replay was a bad call.

I had no problem with BT's drive, a bit of a problem with the play designed for Cooney driving (but no issue w/ a frosh making that mistake - to the extent it was).

The one possession where BT threw that awkward lob to Rak, and MCW's jump pass turnover. Those irked me a bit at the time.

let's toss in that BT missed free throw. dirty's trey wouldda tied the game. instead we still trailed.

I really, really, really wish JB had called timeout before BT's charge/turnover. Burke had just made 1 of 2 and he should have used the final timeout to set up a shot for JS or CJ to go for the lead. I'm sure he regrets not using it then.

Since JB already said the play was to set up James and did not give Cooney any flak works for me. Now that some here have heard/read JB's comment, how about an apology for assuming that Cooney drive was the play called. Michigan did a great job on JS all game. I couldn't see any chance of him getting the ball on that play anyway. Maybe bringing CJ as a trailer and a dish to him for a 3 chance would have been a better design. I sure the hell don't know. I'm not a coach like the majority of people who post here think they are. On to next year. Hopefully this investigation gets over quickly and we will find out who leaves and who stays. LOG!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom