2003 Anniversary Celebration and Hak & GMac Jersey Retirement Videos | Syracusefan.com

2003 Anniversary Celebration and Hak & GMac Jersey Retirement Videos

Here is what I posted back in the day, before the season started:

September 12, 2002

"...he may be a defensive liability, especially, against bigger guards (this is what was reported at last year's [Adidas?] camp)...

The good news is that I have very high hopes for GMac. He seems to be a player's player: smart, capable, can score AND makes others around him better, some recent posts even suggest that he is athletic (imagine that!) and quicker than BillyE, but most importantly, he is a PROVEN winner. It is not hard to envision him graduating as one of SU most cherished players: lots of big time performances, lots of wins, big stats, deep trips into tournaments, leaving in the glow of a winner. I think I will very much enjoy watching GMac the next 4 years."

I think I nailed it, but then again, I was smarter back then.

The continued inability of the athletic department to pay attention to details is astounding to say the least. To announce Billy Edelin was not in attendance at the start of the halftime ceremony and then somehow not see Billy standing next to Kueth during court side introductions is baffling. It gets better though, who is the genius that decided to not hang Gerry and Melo #’s next to each other in the rafters is clueless even if just for the 315 factor. Clown show on the Hill.

Last edited:
The continued inability of the athletic department to pay attention to details is astounding to say the least. To announce Billy Edelin was not in attendance at the start of the halftime ceremony and then somehow not see Billy standing next to Kueth during court side introductions is baffling. It gets better though, who is the genius that decided to not hang Gerry and Melo #’s next to each other in the rafters is is clueless even if just for the 315 factor. Clown show on the Hill.
On the ACCN stream, they seemed to indicate that Hak was a guard.

The continued inability of the athletic department to pay attention to details is astounding to say the least. To announce Billy Edelin was not in attendance at the start of the halftime ceremony and then somehow not see Billy standing next to Kueth during court side introductions is baffling. It gets better though, who is the genius that decided to not hang Gerry and Melo #’s next to each other in the rafters is is clueless even if just for the 315 factor. Clown show on the Hill.
Pretty sure Billy was a surprise. And he may not have wanted a last second intro either. Boeheim singled him out at the end and I’m glad he did. But having talked to Billy a bit during our overlapping time on the hill, I get it. I’m just glad he was there and he had that embrace with Melo. And he got to be with his team. He was a key piece. And a great guy.

How very CNY of you that those are your takeaways from a great day.

Pretty sure Billy was a surprise. And he may not have wanted a last second intro either. Boeheim singled him out at the end and I’m glad he did. But having talked to Billy a bit during our overlapping time on the hill, I get it. I’m just glad he was there and he had that embrace with Melo. And he got to be with his team. He was a key piece. And a great guy.

There are often too many favorite players when it comes to being in orange and several from that time but Billy is near the top. His game was so unique and so underrated.

I also wish I could find a replay of his game at ND.. the demolition of Chris Thomas and how helpless he made the domers look on their own court.. among many great on court Billy memories that will always stand out.

There are often too many favorite players when it comes to being in orange and several from that time but Billy is near the top. His game was so unique and so underrated.

I also wish I could find a replay of his game at ND.. the demolition of Chris Thomas and how helpless he made the domers look on their own court.. among many great on court Billy memories that will always stand out.
We were dead on the water vs. Oklahoma State. GMac & Billy, plus a few McNeil blocks, saved the season

One of my favorite Syracuse basketball memories is from Senior Night in 2004, when the entire team walked out on the court with Jeremy McNeil as his family. Him not being there yesterday was the only thing I was slightly disappointed in; I hope he’s doing well.

The continued inability of the athletic department to pay attention to details is astounding to say the least. To announce Billy Edelin was not in attendance at the start of the halftime ceremony and then somehow not see Billy standing next to Kueth during court side introductions is baffling. It gets better though, who is the genius that decided to not hang Gerry and Melo #’s next to each other in the rafters is clueless even if just for the 315 factor. Clown show on the Hill.
Sorry to say I'm not in on the "315 factor" -- Can someone help me out and explain?

I couldn’t read the article because it was a subscription article on Syracuse.com but the title said something about Boeheim admitted one moment got him choked up and emotional on Saturday. I’m assuming the moment was him recognizing Billy to the crowd.

I couldn’t read the article because it was a subscription article on Syracuse.com but the title said something about Boeheim admitted one moment got him choked up and emotional on Saturday. I’m assuming the moment was him recognizing Billy to the crowd.

He def was. I'm pretty sure that and the moment with he and Melo.. that was all of us getting choked up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom