2014 Letterwinners of Distinction | Syracusefan.com

2014 Letterwinners of Distinction

outoftownie

2nd String
Has not been a ton of promoting going on, but this Friday night is the 50th Letterwinner of Distiction ceremony at the Turning Stone. This honor is bestowed on former SU Letterwinners who have achieved success both on the field and in life. Two of the awardees this year are major figures in the last 30 years of SU hoops, Pearl Washington and Mike Hopkins. I know some of the board members will be there Friday night, but consider coming out to celebrate Pearl and Hop along with the other former SU athletes.

http://cuse.com/news/2014/10/22/FB_1022143045.aspx?path=football#.VEj4rRYbiVg

I know Tomcat, VA Orange and I will be there. It's always a great event.
Agreed. If you love SU hoops, you should go to at least one of these at some point. I don't think we will ever see a group of honorees more stellar and deserving than the ones we have this year...

Betsy Gottlieb Zaplin is a good friend of mine. One of the first if not the first scholarship women at SU. If you are there take the time to meet her. She is a great person. Before I moved to Arizona we worked on the Northern NJ alumni board together for about 8 years. She started on the basketball team, but ended up focusing on tennis.

Betsy Gottlieb Zaplin is a good friend of mine. One of the first if not the first scholarship women at SU. If you are there take the time to meet her. She is a great person. Before I moved to Arizona we worked on the Northern NJ alumni board together for about 8 years. She started on the basketball team, but ended up focusing on tennis.

Any chance she is related to our pal Dougie? I know his parents are SU alums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom