2014 NCAA Lacrosse Tournament Preview: Bryant at (2) Syracuse (College Crosse) | Syracusefan.com

2014 NCAA Lacrosse Tournament Preview: Bryant at (2) Syracuse (College Crosse)

I actually think our defense will be the difference in this game.

That breakdown makes it sound like Bryant is some huge offensive juggernaut, as bad as the Syracuse D has looked this year the teams scoring big point totals are Duke, ND, Maryland etc not exactly the pushovers Bryant was beating up on. Syracuse's offense was no where near as good as this version and it put 12 goals despite winning one faceoff the entire game. I expect Daddio will be able to at least win a handfull of draws and Bryant's D hasnt seen any offense with depth and skill Syracuse and that includes Albany.

Unless the Syracuse D has just an abysmal game I dont see how Bryant wins.

I actually think our defense will be the difference in this game.

I do to, I think we matchup pretty well. Mullins will draw Morell, Young on there Crease finisher, and probably Harris/Firman on Dunster. If were even 40% at the X I think Syracuse can win comfortably.

I do to, I think we matchup pretty well. Mullins will draw Morell, Young on there Crease finisher, and probably Harris/Firman on Dunster. If were even 40% at the X I think Syracuse can win comfortably.

Agree. I think the difference is the depth of talent on the O side. If you shut down or limit their three scorers they don't have answers. Juxtapose that with us, shut down Staats or Maltz or Donahue, doesn;t matter, you have guys like Ward and Galasso and Schoony and Loy being fed by Rice that just keep coming. Our D needs to be physical and use their size advantage.

Agree. I think the difference is the depth of talent on the O side. If you shut down or limit their three scorers they don't have answers. Juxtapose that with us, shut down Staats or Maltz or Donahue, doesn;t matter, you have guys like Ward and Galasso and Schoony and Loy being fed by Rice that just keep coming. Our D needs to be physical and use their size advantage.

Yup great points not to mention Desko can go into his bag of tricks and run Dylan Maltz and Evans out there or bring in Walters/Dejoe off the bench for outside snipers. Unless Waldt stands on his head and has the game of his life I dont see how Bryant holds Syracuse to under 1o+ goals.

Only mild concern is the Faceoff play and if the D wears down from multiple bryant possessions. This could be a big game for Firman and the back up SSDM's, not only for there depth but Firman has a knack to cause turnovers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom