2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

MSOrange said:
Rex was stupid with his challenges

Agreed but to be fair the Bills Head Coach has to face far more challenge calls than his peers

Tougher part of the job

I couldn't watch the game today but every time I turned to it there was an absurd call, so I stopped watching

If Hogans catch isn't a catch I'm done with the sport, they just want enough discretionary rules in place to achieve their desired outcome

Agreed but to be fair the Bills Head Coach has to face far more challenge calls than his peers

Tougher part of the job

I couldn't watch the game today but every time I turned to it there was an absurd call, so I stopped watching

If Hogans catch isn't a catch I'm done with the sport, they just want enough discretionary rules in place to achieve their desired outcome
I can't really dismiss your views on the NFL. The officiating is so bad that it opens itself up to this scrutiny.

We've had exactly one call go for us this year. Brady to Amendola that got blown dead. Aside from that, I can't think of any discretionary/bad calls in our favor but I for damn sure can rattle off about ten, no problem.

Maclin had a clear incomplete pass that was ruled a catch down to the 4 yard line on a pass from midfield. KC scored a TD the next play. So, be glad you didn't have to watch that debacle.

Don't get it twisted, our 2 turnovers to their none along with our inexplicably inconsistent trash defense is why we lost but take away those two bs calls and we may have been able to overcome it.

Last edited:
longislandcuse said:
I can't really dismiss your views on the NFL. The officiating is so bad that it opens itself up to this scrutiny. We've had exactly one call go for us this year. Brady to Amendola that got blown dead. Aside from that, I can't think of any discretionary/bad calls in our favor but I for damn sure can rattle off about ten, no problem. Maclin had a clear incomplete pass that was ruled a catch down to the 4 yard line on a pass from midfield. KC scored a TD the next play. So, be glad you didn't have to watch that debacle. Don't get it twisted, our 2 turnovers to their none along with our inexplicably inconsistent trash defense is why we lost but take away those two bs calls and we may have been able to overcome it.

The best was one of the plays I saw was a key 3rd down play mid 4th quarter for KC

They completed a 4 yard pass well short of the 9 yards to gain, but luckily for them their other WR had cut blocked the Bills defender before the ball was thrown/completed

The receiver was over the line etc etc

You could feel the color guy struggling with what he's new told he's allowed to say

It's obviously an illegal play, right in front of the official. I believe offensive PI is even a point of emphasis this year

So the color guy just shuts up mid sentence when talking about the play, because it's another missed call against the Bills but he must have remembered to toe the party line

Pretty hysterical

The best was one of the plays I saw was a key 3rd down play mid 4th quarter for KC

They completed a 4 yard pass well short of the 9 yards to gain, but luckily for them their other WR had cut blocked the Bills defender before the ball was thrown/completed

The receiver was over the line etc etc

You could feel the color guy struggling with what he's new told he's allowed to say

It's obviously an illegal play, right in front of the official. I believe offensive PI is even a point of emphasis this year

So the color guy just shuts up mid sentence when talking about the play, because it's another missed call against the Bills but he must have remembered to toe the party line

Pretty hysterical
This is true. Gannon called it out as an illegal block (it was) and then quickly changed the subject.

I know you guys don't care but you are talking about announcers. Can Cris Collinsworth stop rooting for the Broncos in the booth? I mean he isn't Phil Simms level stupid but this guy is on Osweiler's privates and is rooting for the Broncs actively.

I know you guys don't care but you are talking about announcers. Can Cris Collinsworth stop rooting for the Broncos in the booth? I mean he isn't Phil Simms level stupid but this guy is on Osweiler's privates and is rooting for the Broncs actively.

Well he did just at least semi-disagree with that offensive PI call on Gronk, so there's that. Didn't seem like enough there for a flag, but obviously something was brought to the attention of the refs this year regarding Gronk pushing off, because they are really looking for it.

Well the season is over. Congrats to the Cincinnati Bengals you are going to the Super Bowl.

Dear Cris Collinsworth you are allowed to criticize refs. You sackless POS. Congrats to to Denver but wow I don't want to hear the refs favor NE.

Why was the clock running after they charged Denver with a timeout.j

Edit: I don't know the rule, but Denver was charged and excess timeout due to an injured player. If the clock runs again at the whistle you would think the clock would be run back to the point where the injury happened and then run when the ball is back in play. Weird sequence

That was a clown show by the refs at the end. I can't wait for Orangeman to tell me the refs favored the Pats and Kraft's franchise value.

That was a clown show by the refs at the end. I can't wait for Orangeman to tell me the refs favored the Pats and Kraft's franchise value.
He will spin it that the NFL was afraid to get caught favoring the pats so they threw some calls

Congrats to Denver. I won't complain as it is pointless.

He will spin it that the NFL was afraid to get caught favoring the pats so they threw some calls
Pats have gotten plenty of breaks over the years but wow is all I can say. The worst game I have ever seen officiated was Super Bowl 40 between Pittsburgh and Seattle.

Congrats to Denver. I won't complain as it is pointless.

Reality is terrible calls happen in most games. Some impact more than others. I have a larger problem with our offensive game plan.

Atleast the twitterverse and neutrals are calling out SNF for the gutless commentary and some shaky calls.

If Gronk is out for the year its over. If its just a hyperextension they got a chance. The X-Rays were negative.

I mean Collinsworth used to have balls. He is just gutless and a company man for 345 Park Avenue. I just rewound the holding call on Chung. Wow Collinsworth analyze it.

I will say I was happy with the Pats D. They play well. The Pats O was so conservative it made the game rest on the D.

This game reminds of the NE-Denver game 2 years ago. Denver was in control and NE won in OT. In the playoffs Denver won. If Gronk isn't out for the year. I would expect NE to beat Denver in the playoffs. As the Denver passing game was shut down well by Ryan and Butler.

Again, it's extremely weird to me how people view or listen to announcers. Literally I'm watching w a bunch of fans in Atlantis and I was screaming for Collinsworth to get it over w and swallow the pats. It was aggregious. He would go back and talk about a play that wasn't even called a penalty, and talk about how it could've been called for the pats! It was terrible. Especially what could've been holding, on a play where none was called again! Cmon man, I can't believe u can watch that and think he was against u guys??!!! I hope someone has it youtubed because everyone I watched it with including pats fans were all on the same page when it came to Collinsworth biase

Pats have gotten plenty of breaks over the years but wow is all I can say. The worst game I have ever seen officiated was Super Bowl 40 between Pittsburgh and Seattle.
Gimme a break, wasn't close. I would LOVE to watch tape w u and analyze all the penalties. Broncos got robbed too. I try and never blame refs on calls, but will if it's an obvious game changer, but the number of people this year blaming refs on wins and losses has jumped the shark. Has there been some? Yes. But it's over the top. And I will agree about officiating being bad this year. But A pats fan complaining about officiating. Hilarious. Be objective, not just when u want to benefit from it. I have no problem doing just that when it comes to my team.

Gimme a break, wasn't close. I would LOVE to watch tape w u and analyze all the penalties. Broncos got robbed too. I try and never blame refs on calls, but will if it's an obvious game changer, but the number of people this year blaming refs on wins and losses has jumped the shark. Has there been some? Yes. But it's over the top. And I will agree about officiating being bad this year. But A pats fan complaining about officiating. Hilarious. Be objective, not just when u want to benefit from it. I have no problem doing just that when it comes to my team.
I said SB 40 was worse. This game was awful. I am being objective. It wasn't the worst game of all time but neutrals online agree it was awful officiating. The OPI on Gronk, the holding on Chung and the missed hands to the face on Chandler Jones.
Hilarious be objective? Okay buddy because you clearly are. Denver won congrats.

Again, it's extremely weird to me how people view or listen to announcers. Literally I'm watching w a bunch of fans in Atlantis and I was screaming for Collinsworth to get it over w and swallow the pats. It was aggregious. He would go back and talk about a play that wasn't even called a penalty, and talk about how it could've been called for the pats! It was terrible. Especially what could've been holding, on a play where none was called again! Cmon man, I can't believe u can watch that and think he was against u guys??!!! I hope someone has it youtubed because everyone I watched it with including pats fans were all on the same page when it came to Collinsworth biase
If you watched that game with "Pats" fans and they didn't think Collinsworth was pro-Denver during that game your aren't being honest. He was awful. Go watch the Chung hold on the Branch sack it was hilarious how quiet he was. Yeah okay Pats fans were all on the same page. Your team congrats. The zebras made awful calls against NE. It was one loss and Pats have gotten breaks before but don't say it wasn't bad tonight.

Sorry about Gronk, as Brady said after the game they're still trying to figure out how to make the game safe, high/low nobody knows right now.

I do bet the owners are quivering over this concussion movie, I'm not sure who would go to the movies for that but should be a good Netflix watch

Looks like the Patriots ended up with 5 penalties and the Broncos 6 for equal yardage, but I completely agree that it can be tough to win when the refs seems to have an agenda.

I didn't watch the game as closely as I would a Bills game, but to me it looked like the standard call it one way to allow the Patriots to build a two score lead then seek out some calls toward the end so the numbers don't look bad the next morning game...but again that's just a feeling I had nothing like a Bills game where I can point to 9 calls that seemed absurd.

The Gronk PI penalties are because he pushes off every play and people are tired of it so they complain...I actually thought that was in the lower 20th percentile of his PI efforts so I'd agree there. But it's a point of emphasis so there's that this season

I also wouldn't put it past Belichek to orchestrate a loss with his NFL pals...perfect seasons are nice but tough to pull off.

I do think the curtain is rising on the NFL, casual observers are using pharaseology like WWE to describe it, they can feel it too. This was probably a "stem the tide" effort in that regard, so while i feel for Patriots fans if the officiating was one-sided toward the end, and I completely agree that they have agendas and can change the outcomes of games, they've certainly been on the better side of not for ears and years