2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

So if Raiders and Chargers go LA. Then Chargers would move to the NFC West and Seattle would go back to the AFC West.

I don't like the Rams owner basically trying to blackmail his way to LA. So I hope they don't get approval Ennis Stan Koerke sells the team.​

So if Raiders and Chargers go LA. Then Chargers would move to the NFC West and Seattle would go back to the AFC West.

I don't like the Rams owner basically trying to blackmail his way to LA. So I hope they don't get approval Ennis Stan Koerke sells the team.​

I don't really care for the changing of conferences. Seattle has built some rivalries since they moved to the NFC. Stupid if you ask me, and you are trading a crap team for a good team.

Who are then other owners on the panel? Clark Hunt voted no and good for him. It's a tremendous balance of power shift if Seattle ends up on the AFC West.

Why would they do this? I don't understand the logic at all.

Why would they have to change divisions? Is it just because they don't want two teams in the same division playing in the same city?

Kroenke has the land he bought in L.A. shovel ready to build now. He paid off the Pepsi center this past spring and is putting in a ton of upgrades into it. I do sidework there as needed under Kroenke sports and entertainment (KSE). That guy is the 2nd richest owner in the NFL after Allen. Word is, he's basically thinking the new stadium he's building is a done deal in his mind.

Uggh, Seattle will be back. I remember the days of flying up to Seattle for an old AFC west showdown with the Broncos. They go hard in the paint up there. I can't tell them to "win something" anymore when they're talking smack.

Why would they have to change divisions? Is it just because they don't want two teams in the same division playing in the same city?
exactly, can't reasonably do it from a logistical/scheduling standpoint I believe.

TV Ratings. Can't have two AFC teams in LA.

Just like in NYC, Fox and CBS want to split the pie.

No city can have two teams from the same conference as TV couldn't put both games on CBS as they would be playing a lot at the same time. CBS would basically have to give LA local fans a doubleheader a lot of weeks and that would eat into the late window national games a lot. Plus NFC TV partner FOX would want a local team for its LA affiliate.

Also the companies buying luxury boxes wouldn't want the same annual games twice a year as it would be overkill.

One of Oakland/SD would move to the NFC West for sure. Likely the Chargers because of Broncos-Raiders, Chiefs-Raiders rivalries. Seattle would make the most of the NFC West to go to the AFC West as they have a history in the AFC West.

I doubt Arizona/St. Louis/San Francisco would want to go to the AFC. Thus it would be Seattle by default.

I don't really care for the changing of conferences. Seattle has built some rivalries since they moved to the NFC. Stupid if you ask me, and you are trading a crap team for a good team.
You forgot the fact the NFC already has its San Diego franchise in Philadelphia. The NFC doesn't need another team that is always competitive but chokes in big games.

My bad then, I must've got bad info. Over the years I've heard a few people mention the scheduling thing.

My bad then, I must've got bad info. Over the years I've heard a few people mention the scheduling thing.
You are right about the scheduling being part of it. The NFL couldn't schedule both LA teams for 4pm EST games as they would both in the same conference and thus part of the CBS broadcasting window. They wouldn't have enough Eastern opponents each year for the NFL to schedule them in the same market. They would need one of them to be on CBS and the other on FOX.
NYG/NYJ work because they can always schedule for one for 1pm and the other for 4pm and OAK/SF work because the Raiders are on CBS and SF is on FOX.

Jerry Jones is putting the squeeze on his fellow owners he wants Rams/Chargers in LA because Kroenke is promising the moon in proposal for a stadium in Carson. He will subsidize the NFLN studios on the premises and be able to stage the Pro Bowl and Combine in LA every year.

I think the Rams/Chargers will end up in LA because of Jones. The Raiders could end up in St. Louis/San Antonio or be given a good amount of money towards a stadium in Oakland to get this deal done. Apparently Jones/Kroenke have 20 votes and SD/Oakland have 12.

the divisions of the NFL make zero sense geographically for some teams

Jerry Jones is putting the squeeze on his fellow owners he wants Rams/Chargers in LA because Kroenke is promising the moon in proposal for a stadium in Carson. He will subsidize the NFLN studios on the premises and be able to stage the Pro Bowl and Combine in LA every year.

I think the Rams/Chargers will end up in LA because of Jones. The Raiders could end up in St. Louis/San Antonio or be given a good amount of money towards a stadium in Oakland to get this deal done. Apparently Jones/Kroenke have 20 votes and SD/Oakland have 12.

I expect Oakland out. Mark Davis is not going to be happy. I bet Mara/Kraft are against this in its entirety.

I expect Oakland out. Mark Davis is not going to be happy. I bet Mara/Kraft are against this in its entirety.
Mara/Kraft are supporting the Jones/Kroenke proposal. They are part of the 20 with the Rams.

Oakland needs Iger to earn his future ownership stake for the Raiders to get into LA.

the divisions of the NFL make zero sense geographically for some teams
Really the only teams out their geographically divisions are the Cowboys in the NFC East and Indianapolis in the AFC South.

The rest make sense geograpgically. The Cowboys will never leave the NFC East for TV purposes and the Colts make no sense in the AFC North and they are the odd team out of the AFC East thus they are stuck in the South.