2016 Elite 8 game, just watched it again... | Syracusefan.com

2016 Elite 8 game, just watched it again...

Dave85

Living Legend
Though most of the game I was thinking how the heck did we win this game. About 8 minutes left Malachi was simply sensational. 27-8 run. Ridiculous. It was obviously the very best game of Malachi's career. It was one the best performances I've ever seen by an Orangeman. Malachi entering the draft was the right choice. He may have never had a game as good as that one if he returned. Malachi was just sensational.

The other thing I took away from watching the game again was Lydon was just as sensational as Malachi. I am so stoked to see Lydon in Orange this year.

P.S. Gill went undrafted. Think about that.

Though most of the game I was thinking how the heck did we win this game. About 8 minutes left Malachi was simply sensational. 27-8 run. Ridiculous. It was obviously the very best game of Malachi's career. It was one the best performances I've ever seen by an Orangeman. Malachi entering the draft was the right choice. He may have never had a game as good as that one if he returned. Malachi was just sensational.

The other thing I took away from watching the game again was Lydon was just as sensational as Malachi. I am so stoked to see Lydon in Orange this year.

P.S. Gill went undrafted. Think about that.
So, your DVR did NOT erase the games? Or how did you watch them?

So, your DVR did NOT erase the games? Or how did you watch them?
BBB, you change settings on your DVR to keep a recording as long as you'd like. That way, things don't auto-erase, or overwrite due to space

Syracusian said:
BBB, you change settings on your DVR to keep a recording as long as you'd like. That way, things don't auto-erase, or overwrite due to space

I have this game saved on two separate TiVo DVRs a total of 8 times (!) -- replays when it was on CBS Sports Net. Time Warner doesn't allow a transfer to a digital device like an iPad without deleting it from the TiVo, so I wanted to make sure I always have a copy to transfer until my TiVos/iPads die.

Rewatching this game it's 4 minutes of game time and only 6 minutes of real time (with one TV timeout) where we go from down 49-58 to up 62-58. Unbelievable, unforgettable, mind-blowing, What just happened stretch.

I have had to learn this to my sorrow - twice! At least I have the first Duke/SU game preserved forever. Why will it keep useless Law & Order drivel but choose to erase my precious games? It just did it so fast, within a month of when the games were played. :bang:

I have this game saved on two separate TiVo DVRs a total of 8 times (!) -- replays when it was on CBS Sports Net. Time Warner doesn't allow a transfer to a digital device like an iPad without deleting it from the TiVo, so I wanted to make sure I always have a copy to transfer until my TiVos/iPads die.

Rewatching this game it's 4 minutes of game time and only 6 minutes of real time (with one TV timeout) where we go from down 49-58 to up 62-58. Unbelievable, unforgettable, mind-blowing, What just happened stretch.
You are the smart.

I have had to learn this to my sorrow - twice! At least I have the first Duke/SU game preserved forever. Why will it keep useless Law & Order drivel but choose to erase my precious games? It just did it so fast, within a month of when the games were played. :bang:

The big games usually show up on youtube. I think every game we have played against Duke is on there. Not sure about the tourney games from this past year yet. The Gonzaga game from 2010 is the one big one that is still missing.

Actually it was 64-58. Richardson fake bucket mass it 64-58. Which prompted Reggie Miller to say "now you see me now you don't !"

gilardino said:
Actually it was 64-58. Richardson fake bucket mass it 64-58. Which prompted Reggie Miller to say "now you see me now you don't !"

Yes you're of course correct, but I was specifically pointing out the crazy short amount of time it took to completely change the game in our favor. It took another minute of game clock on defense and then Malachi's fake of Tobey to gain those two extra (albeit crucial) points.

Watched this game on DVR a couple of weeks ago when my dad was in town. That run we had in the 2nd half was just incredible--and it was against a very good team.

Reggie Miller was one of the announcers, and his commentary was very astute as we made the run.

What a game! That it was for a final four berth makes it an all-time great SU win.

What's often overlooked is the timing of the comeback which made it almost impossible for VA to mount a resurgence. Was I the only one who was waiting for VA to "snap out of it"? As amazing as that 4 minute stretch was, we definitely benefited from the lack of game interruptions during the streak. The spell seemed to wear off after the commercial break, but with a 6 point lead and limited time remaining, that was enough to hold on.

What's often overlooked is the timing of the comeback which made it almost impossible for VA to mount a resurgence. Was I the only one who was waiting for VA to "snap out of it"? As amazing as that 4 minute stretch was, we definitely benefited from the lack of game interruptions during the streak. The spell seemed to wear off after the commercial break, but with a 6 point lead and limited time remaining, that was enough to hold on.
There was a point during the run where no one on Virginia wanted to shoot.

i was waiting for virginia snap out of it until the 3 mali hit over brogden to put us up 4. i had literally given up midway through the 2nd half, i was still watching but my heart wasnt into it. so it was hard for me to get emotionally invested back into the game only to have us lose a crusher, so i was remaining very calm. but when mali hit the 3 to put us up 4 i went bonkers. i knew we were winning at that point. then the dream shake layup to put us up 6? forget it, it was bedlam.

i dont think we'll ever see a comeback like that again from syracuse, thats like a once in a generation comeback considering the magnitude of the game. it reminds me of the illinois comeback against arizona in the elite 8 in 2005, but that started with 4 minutes left.

UVA showed why you need a guy with a scoring mentality - Brogden, Gill the kid who was on fire from deep, all great system guys but when the system gets out of synch you need someone who can do what Mal did.

UVA showed why you need a guy with a scoring mentality - Brogden, Gill the kid who was on fire from deep, all great system guys but when the system gets out of synch you need someone who can do what Mal did.

The deeper you get in the tournament, you have to be able to score, that has been the reason why Uva hasn't got to a final four yet. I never thought a final four was possible for us last year, but I always knew with our ability to hit 3's, we could be dangerous.

The deeper you get in the tournament, you have to be able to score, that has been the reason why Uva hasn't got to a final four yet. I never thought a final four was possible for us last year, but I always knew with our ability to hit 3's, we could be dangerous.

That's what Jamie Dixon never seemed to figure out and why those physical Pitt teams never did anything in the dance. When they couldn't beat people up they struggled to keep pace with the scoring. Our best teams in the dance were scoring teams...that also played solid defense. 87, 96, 03, 13 and 16 had guys who could score, but 13 and 16 didn't have enough consistent scoring. In 13 our defense paved the way, but we couldn't score against UM. This year we went cold against UNC.

In 03 we had so many scorers it didn't matter if we lapsed on D a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom