Class of 2016 - 2016 Rankings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 2016 Rankings

UNC, Duke, Kentucky
Take UK for instance. Did you know that Ulis was bumped up huge over the past year? I noticed ;). The internet archive works wonders. Ulis is listed at 5'9. He's fast, he's talented. But he did not deserve McDs, nor did he deserve going from 60+ to 25 in a heartbeat.

Where's Waldo? Well, you won't find him here:
https://web.archive.org/web/2013030...uiting/playerrankings/_/class/2014/order/true

Doesn't sound like a conspiracy theory when you base it on fact. Sorry bees, not a personal attack on you, I just disagree. And by the way, Ulis didn't blow up lately. He's going to Kentucky.
Thanks King Tee for saving me some quality time because I hate repeating myself.

Thanks King Tee for saving me some quality time because I hate repeating myself.
I learned from the best. :)
Another fun fact. Did you know that Grayson Allen is better than Chris McCullough? lmao, that's the best one. Grades, bad seed, motor, blah blah blah. When in doubt, ask ESPN!

I learned from the best. :)
Another fun fact. Did you know that Grayson Allen is better than Chris McCullough? lmao, that's the best one. Grades, bad seed, motor, blah blah blah. When in doubt, ask ESPN!
I just looked at that link and couldn't believe that McCullough was rated that high and then they had him outside of the top 25 after last summer smh. But yeah that wouldn't have happened if he was BBN bound. shaq2.png

tee1222 said:
UNC, Duke, Kentucky Take UK for instance. Did you know that Ulis was bumped up huge over the past year? I noticed ;). The internet archive works wonders. Ulis is listed at 5'9. He's fast, he's talented. But he did not deserve McDs, nor did he deserve going from 60+ to 25 in a heartbeat. Where's Waldo? Well, you won't find him here: https://web.archive.org/web/2013030...uiting/playerrankings/_/class/2014/order/true Doesn't sound like a conspiracy theory when you base it on fact. Sorry bees, not a personal attack on you, I just disagree. And by the way, Ulis didn't blow up lately. He's going to Kentucky.

3 schools? That means 300+ get the shaft? Those 3 schools can only take so many players. Again, I think people cherry pick. Look at my post in the other thread about the number of 4 and 5 star players we have gotten and who some of them were. I'll bet only a few schools have gotten as many. Big picture we do fine in the ratings game.

3 schools? That means 300+ get the shaft? Those 3 schools can only take so many players. Again, I think people cherry pick. Look at my post in the other thread about the number of 4 and 5 star players we have gotten and who some of them were. I'll bet only a few schools have gotten as many. Big picture we do fine in the ratings game.
You are right we do fine in the rankings game but that's not really the point of the argument. Lately it has seemed like many of our recruits tend to get bumped down in the rankings after committing, now for all I know it could be a coincidence and most of our commits play suffers as soon as they commit and they deserve to be dropped in the rankings. From what I've seen though while following basketball recruiting is that there tends to be trends when kids commit to certain schools they get bumped in certain directions.

I understand your point and agree if compared to all schools in Division 1. In that regard we are doing very well, but to my point. It's a matter of perception created by these experts. Again, I use the term loosely since if they did any homework, they would have been in the know about Diagne. Again. We weren't even on his list according to ESPN on Saturday morning!

Anyway, you posed the question "What are the right schools?". I gave you three.

tee1222 said:
I learned from the best. :) Another fun fact. Did you know that Grayson Allen is better than Chris McCullough? lmao, that's the best one. Grades, bad seed, motor, blah blah blah. When in doubt, ask ESPN!

Maybe you shouldn't look at ESPN? I rarely do. I'm not sure they take it seriously. Site I just looked at has Chris ahead of Allen. But does it really matter if they're both really good?

Btw, I completely agree about the Micky D game. All politics. Is Wooten still involved?

Maybe you shouldn't look at ESPN? I rarely do. I'm not sure they take it seriously. Site I just looked at has Chris ahead of Allen. But does it really matter if they're both really good?
Here's where I think it matters. Comes down to an overall image of us. Might say a true 5 star blue chipper, can't miss NBA player from outside the Northeast might not even give us a sniff early goings in their recruitment. Now if ESPN, McDs and others put more weight on these 3, don't you think that hurts us landing another Carmelo type? I think it hurts us a little, even though as you said, we are doing just fine. We have had some incredible talent recently, but we also missed on a couple of studs that might have put us over the top.

Edit: There it is, just saw your post about McDs. That certainly stings us a bit.

I think I agree with both arguments. Commits won't drop if they choose Cuse, but other recruits could go ahead because they committed to UK, KU, Duke, or UNC. Lets do this algebraically, take a kid (X) and committing to Kentucky (K), committing to Syracuse (S), and committing to Rutgers (R). I'm damn sure that XK would be ranked higher than XS, and that XS would be ranked higher than XR. But in all honesty, recruiting rankings mean nothing, so for everyone to get heated about this is just dumb, IMHO. :rolleyes:

tee1222 said:
Here's where I think it matters. Comes down to an overall image of us. Might say a true 5 star blue chipper, can't miss NBA player from outside the Northeast might not even give us a sniff early goings in their recruitment. Now if ESPN, McDs and others put more weight on these 3, don't you think that hurts us landing another Carmelo type? I think it hurts us a little, even though as you said, we are doing just fine. We have had some incredible talent recently, but we also missed on a couple of studs that might have put us over the top. Edit: There it is, just saw your post about McDs. That certainly stings us a bit.

I think the national perception if us by the media, HS players and other fans is that we are a great recruiting school that gets on kids early. Heck, we get blasted for not performing up to our talent. If anything hurts us it's that JB doesn't play a long bench. If I look at our roster and who we have in the fold, it'd be tough to convince me to come to SU. Not enough balls.

tee1222 said:
Not heated at all. Cool as a cucumber, but thanks for noticing! Just a friendly argument and I don't believe either part took offense. :cool:

No offense taken here. Water cooler talk. Heck, I felt bad disagreeing with Francis. Almost didn't post since I respect him so much.

I think the national perception if us by the media, HS players and other fans is that we are a great recruiting school that gets on kids early. Heck, we get blasted for not performing up to our talent. If anything hurts us it's that JB doesn't play a long bench. If I look at our roster and who we have in the fold, it'd be tough to convince me to come to SU. Not enough balls.
Don't get me wrong, I agree. We are a great recruiting school and have enough talent to pull it off most years. Elite 8, Final 4 back to back is pretty impressive to anyone.

We lack the exalted image that N Carolina, Duke, Kentucky and Kansas have. Never-the-less, getting a Syracuse offer boosts a players rankings, unless a player does something funky like getting thrown out of school or tearing an ACL. Would Lynden be top 100, given his stats, if not for us? As soon as we offered Hak he went top 100 despite his lack of scoring and playing at a mini-high school. It would be very difficult to prove this argument one way or the other. On the face of it, we are a relatively prestigious program. There is not a logical reason why talent raters would be aligned against us. The successful coaches are the best talent evaluators. It is the difference between playing with OPM or your own money. Decisions are best when the people making the decisions are responsible for the results. It makes sense for talking heads to be influenced by the evaluations of the coaches with the best track records.

Francis03 said:
Hard to tell at this point how many overall. With the heavy interest in Battle and Murray, I'm sure a guard is a must for them. Then I gotta figure another wing and big as well. Might as well throw a breast n thigh while we're at it.:)
luv me some breasts and thighs! (Stolen from jarhead Jim)

What has two small breasts and a left wing?

Back to the topic at hand, there will be at least 3 slots open (Silent G, Cooney, and DC2...assuming he doesn't redshirt) for the 2016 class. More if there are early departures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom