Rivals updated top 100.
18)Murray
25)Battle
46)Keita
50)Washington
58)Yakwe
80)Cyrus
95)Ekiyor

Good to see that Murray is getting some love. I expect if he becomes a SU commit he'll drop 30-40 spots down lol.
Honestly, I cannot remember a time in the past 2 years that didn't happen.

Rivals updated top 100.
18)Murray
25)Battle
46)Keita
50)Washington
58)Yakwe
80)Cyrus
95)Ekiyor

Good to see that Murray is getting some love. I expect if he becomes a SU commit he'll drop 30-40 spots down lol.
Yeah, and I am shocked that Battle is out of the top ten, that is nuts. That kid is solid. How are we looking with Keita and Yakwe?

Yeah, and I am shocked that Battle is out of the top ten, that is nuts. That kid is solid. How are we looking with Keita and Yakwe?
Battle struggled this spring in AAU ball and has seen his rankings take a little dip but he's still a top 20 talent imo. Yakwe seems to be a Kansas lean at the moment, and there is interest in Keita that could possibly grow stronger as time goes along.

Do we have a real chance and landing Murray and Giles together?

247 aka Jerry's Top 123 rankings.
1)Giles
17)Battle
26)Murray
39)Yakwe
46)Keita
48)Washington
62)Cyrus
116)Ekiyor

Francis, what do you think the hold up is with the recruitment of Murray? I know were going after Battle hard but it doesn't seem that they are that far apart in skill/talent, or rankings for that matter. Is it a matter of the staff feeling that Battle is better for the system? Or, a better general talent than Murray? Maybe the bigger question is could they get Murray to commit now if they wanted him badly enough? If the staff feels that Murray would pull the trigger whats the point of fighting with the rest of the Blue Bloods for next X months for Battle and risk losing a prospect like Murray? Sorry for all the questions :)

Francis, what do you think the hold up is with the recruitment of Murray? I know were going after Battle hard but it doesn't seem that they are that far apart in skill/talent, or rankings for that matter. Is it a matter of the staff feeling that Battle is better for the system? Or, a better general talent than Murray? Maybe the bigger question is could they get Murray to commit now if they wanted him badly enough? If the staff feels that Murray would pull the trigger whats the point of fighting with the rest of the Blue Bloods for next X months for Battle and risk losing a prospect like Murray? Sorry for all the questions :)
It's way early for class of 2016 kids to be deciding anything. Those guys will probably get invites to the Elite Camp in August and get the red carpet treatment at Orange Madness... and probably won't start committing until next spring.

I think it could be the case of the staff feeling that the two have similar skill sets as far as being combo guards. With the likelihood of Murray committing sooner if offered, I think they maybe holding out to see where things will go with Battle before making the jump on Murray. Remember Hop has been recruiting Battle since 2012 and has a very good relationship with his Pops. Also like what Madbiker said above, 2016 is still early for most of these kids to be making any decisions yet. So there is plenty of time to see how things will play out.

It's way early for class of 2016 kids to be deciding anything. Those guys will probably get invites to the Elite Camp in August and get the red carpet treatment at Orange Madness... and probably won't start committing until next spring.

Except Malachi committed in December and Lydon committed basically after Elite Camp. The way things go with us, I would expect to have at least one commit during the non-conference.

Jerry's updated 247 rankings. I thought he probably got hacked when I saw Moyer's ranking lol.

5)Giles -4 drop
11)Battle +6 bump
14)Moyer +12 bump
30)Murray -4 drop
41)Keita +5 bump
50)Washington -2 drop
67)Stevens
73)Cyrus -11 drop
137)Yakwe -98 drop
138)Ekiyor -22 drop

Jerry's updated 247 rankings. I thought he probably got hacked when I saw Moyer's ranking lol.

5)Giles -4 drop
11)Battle +6 bump
14)Moyer +12 bump
30)Murray -4 drop
41)Keita +5 bump
50)Washington -2 drop
67)Stevens
73)Cyrus -11 drop
137)Yakwe -98 drop
138)Ekiyor -22 drop
Just when I see an update to this thread, I start to laugh. It is so obvious, I don't even have to look. :)
Moyer = Syracuse = Move him on down the list

5)Giles -4 drop
11)Battle +6 bump
14)Moyer +12 bump
30)Murray -4 drop
41)Keita +5 bump
50)Washington -2 drop
67)Stevens
73)Cyrus -11 drop
137)Yakwe -98 drop
138)Ekiyor -22 drop

Francis what in the world is happening with Yawke? Thanks as always in advance. My guy Roland seems to be a good fit at GW yes? You do a great service here my friend. TY. Some of you at this side are not given enough kudos. I always click on here first. Great job.

tee1222 said:
Just when I see an update to this thread, I start to laugh. It is so obvious, I don't even have to look. :) Moyer = Syracuse = Move him on down the list

Moyer went up.

Francis what in the world is happening with Yawke? Thanks as always in advance. My guy Roland seems to be a good fit at GW yes? You do a great service here my friend. TY. Some of you at this side are not given enough kudos. I always click on here first. Great job.
Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. When it comes to Yakwe, I think his game just hasn't expanded over the year as you would expect for somebody who was a borderline 5 star player. He's long and athletic, so he should end up at a high major school and be a role player there as somebody that blocks shots and rebound. Roland should do very well at GW. He didn't play on a high profile aau team and kind of went unnoticed to the scouts nationally. When he did go up against top competition he always played well and would put up big numbers. I think he dropped 30pts on youtube sensation Seventh Woods back in the spring.

Rivals updated Top 150
2)Giles
16)Battle +9 bump
20)Murray -2 drop, still a 5 star
40)Moyer +50 bump
49)Keita -3 drop
56)Washington -6 drop
80)Stevens
103)Cyrus -23 drop
110)Ekiyor -15 drop
114)Killeya-Jones
148)Pugh

Look at that bump for Moyer! I expect he continues to rise the way he works on his game and looks to be still getting comfortable with his length.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity is there any chance that the silent Verbal JB was talking about could be a reclass from the class of 016 to 015?

I know its doubtful with us still going after Bryant, but I thought it was worth a thought, as that would take us by suprise. Now that we are in the ACC, high academic kids jumping onboard a year early wouldn't suprise me.

While it is rare for a recruit to decide to sit out a whole year for a specific school, are we close enough to any 016 recruit who is ready for but would be willing to hold off on reclass solely on Bryants decision?

Last edited:
Out of curiosity is there any chance that the silent Verbal JB was talking about could be a reclass from the class of 016 to 015?

I know its doubtful with us still going after Bryant, but I thought it was worth a thought, as that would take us by suprise. Now that we are in the ACC, high academic kids jumping onboard a year early wouldn't suprise me.

While it is rare for a recruit to decide to sit out a whole year for a specific school, are we close enough to any 016 recruit who is ready for but would be willing to hold off on reclass solely on Bryants decision?
There was no silent verbal. For whatever reason JB got a little too carried away about the Bryant situation, in which no commitment was never made publicly or silently to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom