2018 roster management | Syracusefan.com

2018 roster management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alsacs

Living Legend
Assuming Battle is gone and he is.

9 players out of 12 scholarship possible.

Seniors
Paschal Chukwu
Frank Howard

Juniors
None

Sophomores
Oshae Brissett
Marek Dolezaj
Elijah Hughes
Bourama Sidibe
Howard Washington

Freshmen
Jalen Carey
Buddy Boeheim

That leaves 2019 with a full compliment of 13 scholarships with 3 openings with no players leaving early after next year and without Buddy staying on scholarship we have 4 openings.

We have 1 commitment for 2019.

Our roster management needs commitments this summer for 2019.
Plus you can’t everyone to stay after next year.
This roster needs a lot of work.

Alright man. It’s obvious we need more players. Maybe chill the out a bit or take a break from the board. We will figure it out...

You are stoking panic in every thread. I’m not saying I’m happy where things stand right now. Maybe have some faith?

Alright man. It’s obvious we need more players. Maybe chill the out a bit or take a break from the board. We will figure it out...

You are stoking panic in every thread. I’m not saying I’m happy where things stand right now. Maybe have some faith?
If it’s obvious we need more players why is our staff not looking to add anyone else for next year?

If it’s obvious we need more players why is our staff not looking to add anyone else for next year?
How do you know what they're doing or planning to do in that regard? They unexpectedly lost two players within the last few days. Give this thing a chance to play out.

How do you know what they're doing or planning to do in that regard? They unexpectedly lost two players within the last few days. Give this thing a chance to play out.
Ask any of the insiders and they will tell you.
I have asked people.
Instead you are I’m rubber your glue attacking me without doing the work yourself first.

We have no plans to add anyone else.

Ask any of the insiders and they will tell you.
I have asked people.
Instead of attacking me without doing the work yourself first.
I have no idea what that means. But I expect to see a lot of cryptic posts here in the days ahead.

We have no plans to add anyone else.

This current roster is the plan.

For gods sake man it’s been 24 hours. I highly doubt any decision has been made. If we need to add someone we will try to do so. Marek came out of nowhere... the staff has shown an ability to get creative in tough situations. Let it play out.

If you have no faith then you can probably find something more productive to do with your time rather than panicking here and saying the same thing in every thread.

For gods sake man it’s been 24 hours. I highly doubt any decision has been made. If we need to add someone we will try to do so. Marek came out of nowhere... the staff has shown an ability to get creative in tough situations. Let it play out.

If you have no faith then you can probably find something more productive to do with your time rather than panicking here and saying the same thing in every thread.
You don’t like it put me on block.
You aren’t going to censor me.
I have asked people who would know. We don’t have plans to add anyone else for next year.

You clicked on my thread. Stay away from my threads if they annoy you. I don’t read threads by people or subjects I don’t care about.

I have asked people who would know. We don’t have plans to add anyone else for next year.

You clicked on my thread. Stay away from my threads if they annoy you. I don’t read threads by people or subjects I don’t care about.
You really don’t think we ll add another forward!

I’m honestly just trying to help you bud...

To me, we seem to thrive on adversity. If you want to be a doubter so be it. There isn’t enough of that already on this board.

I’m honestly just trying to help you bud...

To me, we seem to thrive on adversity. If you want to be a doubter so be it. There isn’t enough of that already on this board.
If I want the advice I will ask for it next time, bud.

People have blinders on. All is well to these people. Imagine if Marek decides to take a pro contract in Europe. Right now we have a 6'6" guy as our only backup at forward and literally no backups at the 4. Great.

I'm sure the staff figured the 2018 class was final before the Bazley defection. But they would have to make an effort to add another forward now if possible. They won't take just a body but if there is a kid they think can play and contribute in a bench role they would have to make the effort.

Lol. No one is saying all is well.

Just because I choose not to freak out I must have blinders on.

You are ridiculous.

Did I respond to one of your posts?

I'm not at all surprised if the plan is to not add anyone. I mean, I don't know why the Hell we wouldn't at least look, but Boeheim do what Boeheim do.

I am tired of us always being thin. I don't understand why we make it hard on ourselves.

The staff must feel like Sidibe’s going to recover fine if they dont plan to add anyone.

I'm not at all surprised if the plan is to not add anyone. I mean, I don't know why the Hell we wouldn't at least look, but Boeheim do what Boeheim do.

I am tired of us always being thin. I don't understand why we make it hard on ourselves.

We are dangerously thin. One rolled ankle in the forward position for having no backup. On top of that, we already have a ton of spots open for 2019. It's beyond making it hard on ourselves. It's stupid.

Did I respond to one of your posts?

Pretty obvious who that comment was for. Welcome to the thread you and Alsacs are doing a great civic duty for all of us. No one here should have any faith.

No.
The 9 players we have are the roster next year. If we add one I would be beyond happy but I was told we aren’t looking to add.

Were you advised of this prior to this week's sudden Moyer and out of left field Bazley departures? I guess, even if you were, and how this now may change things, we are certainly likely behind the 8 ball trying to make some 11th hour pitch. :(

The staff must feel like Sidibe’s going to recover fine if they dont plan to add anyone.

Sidibe being healthy might explain why we aren't targeting a center. That shouldn't have anything to do with the forward position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom