2020 Syracusefan college draft | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Syracusefan college draft

First round
1. Cusefan0307- University of Texas.
2. TexanMark- The Ohio State University
3. TrueBlue25- University of Alabama
4. Chrism02- University of Notre Dame

Second round
1. Chrism02- University of Southern California.
2. Trueblue25- Louisiana State University
3. TexanMark- University of Michigan.
4. Cusefan0307- University of Oklahoma

Third round
1. Cusefan0307- University of Georgia.
2. TexanMark- Penn State University.
3. Trueblue25- Clemson University
4. Chrism02- University of Miami(Fl)

Fourth round
1. Chrism02- Florida State University
2. Trueblue25- Texas A&M University
3. TexanMark- University of North Carolina.
4. Cusefan0307- Auburn University

Fifth round
1. Cusefan0307- University of Wisconsin.
2. TexanMark- University of Tennessee. .
3. Trueblue25- University of Florida.
4. Chrism02- Michigan State University

Sixth round
1. Chrism02- University of California at Los Angeles
2. Trueblue25- University of Louisville.
3. TexanMark- University of Kentucky.
4. Cusefan0307- University of South Carolina

Seventh round
1. Cusefan0307- University of Iowa.
2. TexanMark- University of Oregon
3. Trueblue25- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
4. Chrism02- Stanford University

Eighth round
1. Chrism02- Purdue University.
2. Trueblue25- University of Maryland.
3. TexanMark- University of Washington.
4. Cusefan0307- University of Minnesota

Ninth round
1. Cusefan0307- West Virginia University.
2. TexanMark- Arizona State University.
3. Trueblue25- Syracuse University
4. Chrism02- University of Colorado

Tenth round
1. Chrism02- Georgia Tech.
2. Trueblue25- NC State University.
3. TexanMark- University of Nebraska
4. Cusefan0307- Texas Tech University

Eleventh round
1. Cusefan0307- Mississippi State University
2. TexanMark- University of Kansas
3. Trueblue25- University of Missouri.
4. Chrism02- University of Virginia

Twelfth round
1. Chrism02- Duke University.
2. Trueblue25- University of Arkansas
3. TexanMark- University of California at Berkeley.
4. Cusefan0307-Indiana University

Thirtieth round
1. Cusefan0307- University of Utah
2. TexanMark- Iowa State University
3. Trueblue25- University of Illinois
4. Chrism02- University of Arizona

Fourteenth round
1. Chrism02- Boston College
2. Trueblue25- Northwestern University
3. TexanMark- Texas Christian University
4. Cusefan0307- University of Nevada

Fifteenth round
1. Cusefan0307- University of Pittsburgh
2. TexanMark- Rutgers University.
3. Trueblue25- Oklahoma State University
4. Chrism02- US Naval Academy

Sixteenth round
1. Chrism02- Wake Forest University
2. Trueblue25- University of Cincinnati
3. TexanMark- University of Central Florida
4. Cusefan0307 Brigham Young University

Waiver wire clean up round.
1. Cusefan0307 dumps University of Nevada for University of Mississippi.
2. TexanMark- dumps Iowa State University for Baylor University
3. TrueBlue25- dumps University of Cincinnati for University of Houston
4. Chrism02

1595425819153.png

Central:
Texas
Oklahoma
Utah
BYU

Midwest:
Minnesota
Iowa
Wisconsin
Indiana

South:
Ole Miss
Miss St
Texas Tech
Auburn

East:
NC State
WVU
South Carolina
Georgia

Central:
Texas
Oklahoma
Utah
BYU

Midwest:
Minnesota
Iowa
Wisconsin
Indiana

South:
Ole Miss
Miss St
Texas Tech
Auburn

East:
NC State
WVU
South Carolina
Georgia
You could have pods or East-West divisions. It's put Midwest/East vs.South/Central as well.

Right now Mark for sure has pods because of his West pod being perfect.
Chris likely has divisions not sure yet.

I thought about Houston too...but decided on Baylor. Both have pros and cons
It was hard letting Cincy go and choosing Houston over Memphis as well. Went for recruiting, TV and recent fb/bb success

I wonder if Chris and TB will strike a Boston College for middle of the country swap.
It would clean up both sides unless Chris likes the 4 ACC Duke/Wake/BC/UVA combo.

I wonder if Chris and TB will strike a Boston College for middle of the country swap.
It would clean up both sides unless Chris likes the 4 ACC Duke/Wake/BC/UVA combo.
Im all ears.

But right now I may have two divisions that make a bit of sense to me

You could have pods or East-West divisions. It's put Midwest/East vs.South/Central as well.

Right now Mark for sure has pods because of his West pod being perfect.
Chris likely has divisions not sure yet.
you dont need pods or east/west divisions...if this was done with 8, each drafting 9.

i believe this exercise has proved my point,

you dont need pods or east/west divisions...if this was done with 8, each drafting 9.

i believe this excercise has proved my point,
Why would a conference go 9 when all they care is about is $$$. You are thinking like a Democratic idealist for you which makes me laugh.

Last edited:
Currently thinking the below, numbered by annual crossover matchup.

Conference A:
1. Clemson
2. Florida
3. Louisville
4. Maryland
5. Syracuse
6. Mizzou
7. Northwestern
8. UH

Conference B.

1. Bama
2. LSU
3. OkSU
4. Vtech
5. Pitt
6. Arkansas
7. Illinois
8. A&M

The problem with this is Louisville and OkSU obviously not being historical or regional rivals.

I can’t justify dropping OkSU for Memphis or Cincy though. Nor do I want to drop Louisville.

Why would a conference go 9 when all they care is about is $$$. You are thinking like a Democratic idealist which makes me laugh.
in a new football world, the schools will grab as much $$ as possible, there is no need for some conf commissioner's taking some of their $$.

you could go 8 & 8, which ultimately is what you are trying fruitlessly to do here, but there is no need to call any entity the b1g, the bevo or the ACC etc...

i mean if it makes you happy to call something the ACC north and something the ACC south or b1g north and b1g south, go ahead, but thats the democratic idealist way.

lets keep people happy and repressed by the status quo.

nope, wheres Hulk, Nash & Razor...it will be a NEW WORLD ORDER.

Major TV markets I hope to dominate:
Houston
Orlando
Jacksonville
DC
NOLA
St Louis

Hope to split:
Chicago
Tampa/St Pete

Little Slice:
NYC

in a new football world, the schools will grab as much $$ as possible, there is no need for some conf commissioner's taking some of their $$.

you could go 8 & 8, which ultimately is what you are trying fruitlessly to do here, but there is no need to call any entity the b1g, the bevo or the ACC etc...

i mean if it makes you happy to call something the ACC north and something the ACC south or b1g north and b1g south, go ahead, but thats the democratic idealist way.

lets keep people happy and repressed by the status quo.

nope, wheres Hulk, Nash & Razor...it will be a NEW WORLD ORDER.
You realize conference title games are money makers, the bigger your corporation gets the more real estate you own. The more you can make money off sponsors etc.

You are thinking like Division 1 sports aren't all about the money. I respect this new streak of idealism but its never happening.

By going 8/8 you are allowing your "conference" to generate the most revenue it can which is what all these teams care about.

Roger Goodell makes more money than any player in his league. He has made an estimated 400 million dollars as commissioner. The teams pay this because he brings in a hell of lot more.

Jim Delany made over 50 million dollars as commissioner of the Big Ten because of all the revenue he brought in.

Conferences aren't getting smaller unless the money goes away completely.

tOSU, Penn State and Michigan needed 20,000 empty seats for their Tri-State fans. I went out and got it for them
I actually laughed

My four Pods are:

tOSU, Michigan, Penn State, Rutgers

UNC, Kentucky, Tennessee, UCF

TCU, Baylor, Kansas, Nebraska

Arizona St, Cal, Oregon, Washington

The goal is to play 3 in Pod every year, all 4 of one Pod on a two year H/H rotation and 1 other in the other two Pods every year.

Strengths: Probably the best three FB Powers in one Pod along with access to NY/NJ
West Coast Pod has a nice mix of Flag Ships (ASU is actually bigger than Arizona)
The SE pod is underrated. Great Hoops and sneaky good Football. Access to Central Florida too for recruiting and Bowls
The Plains pod is all about FB along with an epic BB School
All Four Pods have some sanity with Geography. All Pods have some driveable games

Top FB Brands
tOSU, Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska, Oregon, Tennessee, UNC, TCU, Baylor and Ariz State. Will UCF explode as a P5? TBD

Top BB Brands
Blue Bloods: Kentucky, UNC, Kansas along with two near elite tOSU, Michigan add in several other great programs Washington, Oregon, Baylor, Tennessee

Weaknesses: Lack a direct presence in SoCal (thought about SDSU), South Florida and much of the SE

TV Markets
NYC, Phily, a bit of Washington DC, Bit of Western PA and Western NY, Ohio, most of Michigan, a bit of Chicagoland, Orlando/Daytona with a bit of JAX, and Tampa Bay, Arizona, SF Bay Area and Sacramento and a bit of the rest of California, Washington State, Oregon, Much of North Carolina, Most of KY, Kansas and finally much of DFW and a sprinkling in the rest of Texas. Finally we captured cable boxes of 3 square miles around a Shi... Stadium in Central NJ!

TCU and Baylor are kinda like Syracuse. Hard core area with a scattering of fans within 6 hours

Major Bowl Games Hosting or Definitely Get a Tie In:
Fiesta Bowl
Rose Bowl
Citrus Bowl
Cotton Bowl

Host City for Conference Championship?
A four team playoff would be epic...but probably take the two highest rated teams until the season expands a week to support a 4 team conference championship. I'd look to host in Dallas, Orlando or maybe Charlotte Will want a city with a huge airport hub.

Last edited:
My four Pods are:

tOSU, Michigan, Penn State, Rutgers

UNC, Kentucky, Tennessee, UCF

TCU, Baylor, Kansas, Nebraska

Arizona St, Cal, Oregon, Washington

The goal is to play 3 in Pod every year, all 4 of one Pod on a two year H/H rotation and 1 other in the other two Pods every year.

Strengths: Probably the best three FB Powers in one Pod along with access to NY/NJ
West Coast Pod has a nice mix of Flag Ships (ASU is actually bigger than Arizona)
The SE pod is underrated. Great Hoops and sneaky good Football. Access to Central Florida too for recruiting and Bowls
The Plains pod is all about FB along with an epic BB School
All Four Pods have some sanity with Geography. All Pods have some driveable games

Top FB Brands
tOSU, Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska, Oregon, Tennessee, UNC, TCU, Baylor and Ariz State. Will UCF explode as a P5? TBD

Top BB Brands
Blue Bloods: Kentucky, UNC, Kansas along with two near elite tOSU, Michigan add in several other great programs Washington, Oregon, Baylor, Tennessee

Weaknesses: Lack a direct presence in SoCal (thought about SDSU), South Florida and much of the SE

TV Markets
NYC, Phily, a bit of Washington DC, Bit of Western PA and Western NY, Ohio, most of Michigan, a bit of Chicagoland, Orlando/Daytona with a bit of JAX, and Tampa Bay, Arizona, SF Bay Area and Sacramento and a bit of the rest of California, Washington State, Oregon, Much of North Carolina, Most of KY, Kansas and finally much of DFW and a sprinkling in the rest of Texas. Finally we captured cable boxes of 3 square miles around a Shi... Stadium in Central NJ!

TCU and Baylor are kinda like Syracuse. Hard core area with a scattering of fans within 6 hours
aka the AFC North, South, Midwest and West.

your title games can be the North v South (too soon??) and Midwest v West and then we will send your ultimate champion to the F4.

whos next??...

Conference A:
1. Clemson
2. Florida
3. Louisville
4. Maryland
5. Syracuse
6. Mizzou
7. Northwestern
8. UH

Conference B.

1. Bama
2. LSU
3. OkSU
4. Vtech
5. Pitt
6. Arkansas
7. Illinois
8. A&M

Conference Championship rotates between DC, New Orleans, Jacksonville and St Louis.

Teams play one annual cross division rivalry (matched up by number list), a different additional cross-division opponent, and a three game out of conference. Much like the current ACC. However, this is not absolute garbage like the current ACC because the two conferences are more closely evenly matched for football.

Basketball there are no divisions.

Football strengths: Three current top 5 programs in Bama, Clemson, and LSU. Near recruiting dominance in the Gulf and lower half of the Mississippi River. UGA hopefully does not seem so powerful when surrounded by out of conference Bama, Florida and Clemson who can flex the rings the Bulldogs don’t have.

We have won 11 (1/2? ‘03) championships since 2000 including the past 5.

Major Rivalries: Clemson, LSU, A&M, Florida and Bama will be the flagship rivalries in any combination you see fit.

Additional Potential Fun matchups:
Maryland/VT (DMV)
Arkansas/Mizzou
A&M/Houston (Houston)
Illinois/Northwestern (Chicago)
Clemson/LSU (battle of the tigers for DV)
Illinois/CusE (battle of the orange)
Ville/VT (regional and two year to year potential dark horses)

Basketball Wise: No bluebloods but powerhouses in Cuse, UL, Florida and Maryland.

Last edited:
im still finalizing my divisions, they maybe traditional and they may not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom