2020 Transfer Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Transfer Thread

Who are you worried about? I'll ask around and see what the response is. Ive been told 7-10 Cuse kids are in the portal + a couple seniors not returning. Maybe those in the portal don't get picked up and return to Cuse. But with the incoming frosh, how many players will red shirt and how many will just be cut or quit?

Hey CR glad to see you back and posting, didn't see you to much to start the season and was hoping you would be back. 7-10 is concerning but as you noted with the incoming frosh and size of the roster some turnover especially with Corona was inevitable. Hopefully we can keep the numbers at a minimum.

but would now expect the five graduating sos who wish to return to be back
That was my thought. More money there could open up scholarship dough for others.

Hey CR glad to see you back and posting, didn't see you to much to start the season and was hoping you would be back. 7-10 is concerning but as you noted with the incoming frosh and size of the roster some turnover especially with Corona was inevitable. Hopefully we can keep the numbers at a minimum.

Seven to 10 could, actually, be great, depending on who it is. The roster is completely bloated.

Seven to 10 could, actually, be great, depending on who it is. The roster is completely bloated.

Yes, good point. It really comes down to who. Below is who we beleive to be in the portal, one Fernandez is confirmed so I'll put a * there. I imagine players who started on the bench this year and realized they weren't in the starting lineup, and now are taking this opportunity for a re-do. The concerning thing is this is not the case with Fernandez, so hopefully SU doesn't lose any more starters.

Jared Fernandez*
Andrew Kim
Justin Kim
Jake Nelson

Yes, good point. It really comes down to who. Below is who we beleive to be in the portal, one Fernandez is confirmed so I'll put a * there. I imagine players who started on the bench this year and realized they weren't in the starting lineup, and now are taking this opportunity for a re-do. The concerning thing is this is not the case with Fernandez, so hopefully SU doesn't lose any more starters.

Jared Fernandez*
Andrew Kim
Justin Kim
Jake Nelson

To add to that Mellen is not returning along with Klan.

Wow! Well that's 3 IMG guys in less than a year. Levandowski, Fernandez, and now Donnelly. Although I'm not sure Donnelly was going to see any valuable minutes over the next 2 years I'm still a little surprised.

Nothing overly surprising. Obv bummer about Fernandez and Donnelly.
Even though he wouldn’t have probably seen much time til maybe even his senior year liked his talent and depth.
Was Nelson the official 5th attack? Or was it Aburn?

Aburn came into the Bingo game before Nelson.

Bummer about those leaving, but besides Fernandez its hard to fault them. No obvious openings next year for a lot of guys, and the year after that, playing time still might be hard to come by. Nice to have names so we don't have to speculate. Someone said 7-10 might be in the portal (Xanders lists 6) so there still might be more fallout. Hope it's no one significant.

Attack has plenty of depth and youth. Behind Seebold is soph Aburn and rs frosh Berkman who have good talent then 5 attackman are arriving in 2020 class headlined by Hiltz and Birtwhistle.

Porter and Scanlan went to IMG but no good business is overly reliant on any one supplier. In 2020, only att Snyder arrives via that factory. Diversify.

Strang is a bummer. Clearly was our #1 backup goalie and looked solid in his minimal time the last couple years. Kim twins leaving also means the year after next just got even more scary. Feel like we should still be poised to add another top 2021 recruit. That class has a lot of guys with the opportunity to play right away.

Strang is a bummer. Clearly was our #1 backup goalie and looked solid in his minimal time the last couple years. Kim twins leaving also means the year after next just got even more scary. Feel like we should still be poised to add another top 2021 recruit. That class has a lot of guys with the opportunity to play right away.

One of the attackmen coming this fall will surely be moved to midfield. Not only is attack getting crowded but there is clear path now to future PT at middie due to graduation over the next two years. The lost year does raise the question of how long someone like Dordevic will stay in school, he would be a Sr. next year now he will be a Rs Soph again. Hard to see him playing another 3 seasons. Buttermore Lipka being Rs Jr's next year should give them an extra year (assuming they want it) which would help with transition when guys start leaving. Keep in mind Fiorini Magnan and Rosa are still in the wings as well not to mention a 2021 class stocked with mids.

One of the attackmen coming this fall will surely be moved to midfield. Not only is attack getting crowded but there is clear path now to future PT at middie due to graduation over the next two years. The lost year does raise the question of how long someone like Dordevic will stay in school, he would be a Sr. next year now he will be a Rs Soph again. Hard to see him playing another 3 seasons. Buttermore Lipka being Rs Jr's next year should give them an extra year (assuming they want it) which would help with transition when guys start leaving. Keep in mind Fiorini Magnan and Rosa are still in the wings as well not to mention a 2021 class stocked with mids.

I think its going to be messy to try and predict depth charts past 2021, technically Curry also has an extra year of eligibility, so he, Dordevic, Buttermore and Lipka could take four of the six spots again in 2022. Or everyone save Dordevic could leave and you'd have to replace three starting caliber players. Maybe since they have some time to plan these things out they'll prepare for grad school or something.

Have to imagine roster building for the next couple of years is going to be really difficult. Coaches might ask players their plans but those could certainly change after a year, or two with Dordevic. I wonder if they slow down recruiting for a year? If current players who maybe said they would use the extra year decide to leave early though you could be in trouble.

You have to wonder if at some point this becomes overkill with guys in the portal. There's only so many programs to around and most of the power teams (save for Maryland apparently) don't exactly have a ton of openings. I guess a school with a low tuition rate with a lot of openings could potentially clean up

Interesting that Galloway has in fact billed Jacksonville as Transfer U. Embracing the strategy instead of shying away from it.

You have to wonder if at some point this becomes overkill with guys in the portal. There's only so many programs to around and most of the power teams (save for Maryland apparently) don't exactly have a ton of openings. I guess a school with a low tuition rate with a lot of openings could potentially clean up
If they have the grades the ivys may be looking to pic some kids up. Have to do something to compete with having one less class of kids than the other major divisions for the next 4 years.

Interesting that Galloway has in fact billed Jacksonville as Transfer U. Embracing the strategy instead of shying away from it.

Smart they are the type of school that could easily pick up 6-8 guys who could immediately be on the depth chart as a starter or backup.

If they have the grades the ivys may be looking to pic some kids up. Have to do something to compete with having one less class of kids than the other major divisions for the next 4 years.

The Ivy's are very particular about transfers, I believe some don't take any at all while some like Yale do but do it very rarely. Also any Grad guy is automatically DOA when it comes to the Ivy. I wouldn't expect a whole bunch of transfers in.

The Ivy's are very particular about transfers, I believe some don't take any at all while some like Yale do but do it very rarely. Also any Grad guy is automatically DOA when it comes to the Ivy. I wouldn't expect a whole bunch of transfers in.
Tierney's career decision keeps making more and more sense

Sowers on IG Live right now with Joey Sanky answering some questions. Have any of our alums reached out to him? Ugh, this is so stressful.

IMG_8629.jpg