2020 Transfer Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Transfer Thread

Strang is a bummer. Clearly was our #1 backup goalie and looked solid in his minimal time the last couple years. Kim twins leaving also means the year after next just got even more scary. Feel like we should still be poised to add another top 2021 recruit. That class has a lot of guys with the opportunity to play right away.

I wouldn't worry about the roster 2 years from now.

Doesn't apply to LAX.

LAX transfers were always immediately eligible. It's only Football, Basketball, and Baseball where players had to sit one year.
ahhh, right.

Clueless here . Some stat line albeit different level. 6'1" 195

Is there a d1 player that Sundown could be compared with.

Did he play amateur ball in NLL?

Would Cuse be interested n would he eligible for the The Haudenosaunee Promise Scholarship Program

Would Cuse be interested n would he eligible for the The Haudenosaunee Promise Scholarship Program
I have no inside info, but his bio says he's an upstate New York kid who played at Akron HS, which is mid-way between Rochester and Buffalo. If he came to SU under a Haudenosaunee Promise Scholarship, would that count against the 12.5 scholarship limit?

I have no inside info, but his bio says he's an upstate New York kid who played at Akron HS, which is mid-way between Rochester and Buffalo. If he came to SU under a Haudenosaunee Promise Scholarship, would that count against the 12.5 scholarship limit?

12.6 and I believe a portion of it would yes.

He would be eligible for the promise scholarship. Good question about a D1 comparison. Thompson esque numbers.

Why?

I believe its due to the regulations surrounding athletes and scholarships. It stops Colleges from trying to set up all different types of scholarships as away around the scholarship limit. Goes back to Miami using track and filed scholarships to try and get around sanctions in the 90's for the fball team.

I believe its due to the regulations surrounding athletes and scholarships. It stops Colleges from trying to set up all different types of scholarships as away around the scholarship limit. Goes back to Miami using track and filed scholarships to try and get around sanctions in the 90's for the fball team.

If the money's not coming out of Wildhack's/Desko's pocket, it shouldn't count against the 12.6.

If Sundown qualifies for a Haudenosaunee Scholarship, that's totally academic money.

If the money's not coming out of Wildhack's/Desko's pocket, it shouldn't count against the 12.6.

If Sundown qualifies for a Haudenosaunee Scholarship, that's totally academic money.

Correct its academic money but I believe at least a portion of that falls under the 12.6 even though the money isn't from the athletic bucket. Keep in mind that Scanlan when initially committed had a package that I believe included some money from the promise scholarship but it wasn't 100% from what I was told (again I could be off on this).

I appreciate the response. I've been under the impression that if it's money that any other university student could qualify for, then it doesn't count, just like need based aid.

Correct its academic money but I believe at least a portion of that falls under the 12.6 even though the money isn't from the athletic bucket. Keep in mind that Scanlan when initially committed had a package that I believe included some money from the promise scholarship but it wasn't 100% from what I was told (again I could be off on this).
I am pretty sure none of the Haudenosaunee Promise Scholarship money gets counted toward the scholarship limit. 100% sure? No. 90+% sure? Yes.

I appreciate the response. I've been under the impression that if it's money that any other university student could qualify for, then it doesn't count, just like need based aid.

You are correct that its open to any NA student who meets the qualifications but I believe (again could be wrong) that a part of that still has to count against the 12.6. We could really use clarification on that from SU because like I said I am not 100% on that.

I am pretty sure none of the Haudenosaunee Promise Scholarship money gets counted toward the scholarship limit. 100% sure? No. 90+% sure? Yes.

Like I said I could be wrong on that but I thought I remember their being some part that had to count per NCAA guidelines.

He could be a key piece for Jacksonville. He was IL's #3 incoming freshman goalie in 2019.
But his real claim to fame is being named "Mr. Florida Lacrosse" in 2019 by the Florida Coaches Association. What I want to know is, did he then enter the Mr. America Lacrosse competition?

damn

At Duke, he’ll be expected to quarterback an offense that will have an embarrassment of riches returning on the attack, though it remains to be seen exactly which fifth-year seniors will be returning to Durham. Freshman Dyson Williams led the Blue Devils with 25 goals and five assists in 2020, while junior J.P. Basile broke through for 19 points, playing in six of their eight games. Joe Robertson will also return from a season-ending ACL injury after recording 42 goals and 17 assists for Duke in 2019.

A long-awaited arrival, the Blue Devils will also welcome No. 1 senior recruit Brennan O’Neill, who has been touted by many as a “generational talent” out of St. Anthony’s HS on Long Island.

damn

At Duke, he’ll be expected to quarterback an offense that will have an embarrassment of riches returning on the attack, though it remains to be seen exactly which fifth-year seniors will be returning to Durham. Freshman Dyson Williams led the Blue Devils with 25 goals and five assists in 2020, while junior J.P. Basile broke through for 19 points, playing in six of their eight games. Joe Robertson will also return from a season-ending ACL injury after recording 42 goals and 17 assists for Duke in 2019.

A long-awaited arrival, the Blue Devils will also welcome No. 1 senior recruit Brennan O’Neill, who has been touted by many as a “generational talent” out of St. Anthony’s HS on Long Island.
"pending admission" :rolleyes: