2020 Transfer Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Transfer Thread

I believe that the ncaa is going to allow whatever $ a player received for 2020 to repeat again in 2021 (over the normal limit allowed per school)

Guy seems to backtrack a bit from his tweet yesterday.

A History Major (if true, you better have a solid background in math) before diving into a top-flight MBA.

Hobart is barely WNY, Cuse is CNY.

Guy seems to backtrack a bit from his tweet yesterday.

I don't know if he was just fishing or if he tweeted something he shouldn't have, but he went from a very specific school and a pretty specific academic program to basically saying Sowers could land anywhere with an MBA program (which is pretty much everywhere).

Last edited:
I don't know if he was just fishing or if he tweeted something he shouldn't have, but he went from a very specific school and a pretty specific academic program to basically saying Sowers could land anywhere with an MBA program.

Yes, probably best if we hold off getting too excited until we hear something official, or at least something from one of the IL or Lacrosse Mag people.

Yes, probably best if we hold off getting too excited until we hear something official, or at least something from one of the IL or Lacrosse Mag people.
If look at the comments in his original tweet someone said that they spoke to Sowers dad and he was heading to PSU. Who knows if that fact or just a guy trying to start another rumor.

I believe that the ncaa is going to allow whatever $ a player received for 2020 to repeat again in 2021 (over the normal limit allowed per school)
Only for players who take their extra year at their present school. Any transfers, graduates like Sowers or undergraduates like Scanlan was last year, will count against the limits in all spring sports.

Talk is scattered and at times at odds which figures in the age of misinformation.

Can ponder the known factors and guess on a landing but doubt that any decision is coming quickly.

Maryland should know be known as Transfer U, Jesus.
$ 27K In State Full Tuition, Room & Board / $ 54K Out of State - Dramatically less expensive than SU without any athletic money. You don't have to give your in state kids much $ at all to make them make it really attractive and then you have more $ for out of state kids. SU is showing $ 74K fully loaded on the their website. Hard to win these kids & parents over when you're dealing with a $ 20-47K delta out of the gate.

Maryland should know be known as Transfer U, Jesus.

Lol.

All programs including Cuse will import to a degree but Merryland does seems to have a turnstile that churns more despite possessing some inherent recruiting advantages .

Maybe Tillman has more confidence in how others develop their recruits.

Lol.

All programs including Cuse will import to a degree but Merryland does seems to have a turnstile that churns more despite possessing some inherent recruiting advantages .

Maybe Tillman has more confidence in how others develop their recruits.

Ya, a quarter of their team has to be transfers at this point or at least feels that way. Nothing wrong with hitting the transfer portal as most school due it including SU but it seems like Maryland has incorporated as an essential part of their team.

Someone put this together over on Fanlax.

Princeton - Michael Sowers (attack), Connor McCarthy (midfield), Phil Robertson (attack)
Syracuse - Jared Fernandez (LSM)
Penn - Kyle Gallagher (FOGO), Kyle Thornton (defense)
Hopkins - Jack Rapine (defense), Matt Hubler (midfield)
Notre Dame - Charles Leonard (FOGO)
Yale - BJ Burlace (defense)—>MARYLAND
Ohio State - Josh Kirson (goalie), Christian Tomei (goalie)
Maryland - Drew Morris (goalie), Dylan Pallonetti (attack/midfield)
Utah - Mac Costin (midfield)
Lafayette - Beaudan Szuluk (defense)
St. Joseph's - Mike Adler (goalie)
Albany - Davis Diamond (attack/midfield)
Holy Cross - Justin Lynskey (attack), Kevin Kodzis (attack), Sean Mullaney (midfield)
Bucknell - Will Yorke (attack), Connor Shears (defense), Hunter Newman (LSM), Grayson Burns (attack), Matt Fedorjaka (midfield)
Hofstra - Whit Stopak (attack), Ryan Kinnard (midfield)
Robert Morris - Austin Popovich (midfield)
Bellarmine - Morgan Macko (attack)
Hobart - Sam Lucchesi (goalie), PJ Delpha (defense), Eric Holden (attack)
Merrimack - Davis Cronin (FOGO)
Providence - Sean Lahey (attack)
Colgate - Griffin Brown (attack/midfield), Nicky Petkevich (attack), Parker Baddley (LSM), John Donahue (defense), Cooper Belanger (midfield), Jesse Rosenblatt (attack)
Virginia - Xander Dickson (attack)

Someone put this together over on Fanlax.

Princeton - Michael Sowers (attack), Connor McCarthy (midfield), Phil Robertson (attack)
Syracuse - Jared Fernandez (LSM)
Penn - Kyle Gallagher (FOGO), Kyle Thornton (defense)
Hopkins - Jack Rapine (defense), Matt Hubler (midfield)
Notre Dame - Charles Leonard (FOGO)
Yale - BJ Burlace (defense)—>MARYLAND
Ohio State - Josh Kirson (goalie), Christian Tomei (goalie)
Maryland - Drew Morris (goalie), Dylan Pallonetti (attack/midfield)
Utah - Mac Costin (midfield)
Lafayette - Beaudan Szuluk (defense)
St. Joseph's - Mike Adler (goalie)
Albany - Davis Diamond (attack/midfield)
Holy Cross - Justin Lynskey (attack), Kevin Kodzis (attack), Sean Mullaney (midfield)
Bucknell - Will Yorke (attack), Connor Shears (defense), Hunter Newman (LSM), Grayson Burns (attack), Matt Fedorjaka (midfield)
Hofstra - Whit Stopak (attack), Ryan Kinnard (midfield)
Robert Morris - Austin Popovich (midfield)
Bellarmine - Morgan Macko (attack)
Hobart - Sam Lucchesi (goalie), PJ Delpha (defense), Eric Holden (attack)
Merrimack - Davis Cronin (FOGO)
Providence - Sean Lahey (attack)
Colgate - Griffin Brown (attack/midfield), Nicky Petkevich (attack), Parker Baddley (LSM), John Donahue (defense), Cooper Belanger (midfield), Jesse Rosenblatt (attack)
Virginia - Xander Dickson (attack)
I do believe that there are many many more in that portal, just not known yet besides the coaches being privy

I do believe that there are many many more in that portal, just not known yet besides the coaches being privy
Probably. I know someone on this thread said the Kims were entering the portal

Would be interested in Xander Dickson assuming that he has 3 years of eligibility left. Never seen Will Yorke play but 3rd in the nation in goals per game will always be noteworthy. Griffin Brown certainly looked like an elite dodger against us this year, but a Colgate to Cuse transfer is highly sinful. Would gladly take him if he was willing. Feel like we are not quite there yet when it comes to a dodging attack.

Cook hasn't quite shown everything we need out of our X attack off the dodge and doesn't nearly stack up to other top teams main dodging guy from x. His shooting/finishing abilities don't exactly make up for that either. Tends to telegraph whether it's inside or outside shooting. That being said there really isn't anyone in the portal now who really seems to be 100% next level player to Cook (aside from the obvious one).

Apart from that we could use another long pole to cover teams shifty speed demons...maybe that Fernandez guy would be interested.

Would be interested in Xander Dickson assuming that he has 3 years of eligibility left. Never seen Will Yorke play but 3rd in the nation in goals per game will always be noteworthy. Griffin Brown certainly looked like an elite dodger against us this year, but a Colgate to Cuse transfer is highly sinful. Would gladly take him if he was willing. Feel like we are not quite there yet when it comes to a dodging attack.

Cook hasn't quite shown everything we need out of our X attack off the dodge and doesn't nearly stack up to other top teams main dodging guy from x. His shooting/finishing abilities don't exactly make up for that either. Tends to telegraph whether it's inside or outside shooting. That being said there really isn't anyone in the portal now who really seems to be 100% next level player to Cook (aside from the obvious one).

Apart from that we could use another long pole to cover teams shifty speed demons...maybe that Fernandez guy would be interested.

Eric Holden from Hobart really interests me. Thought he was tough as nails against Kennedy before the game got out of hand. Managing things with Cook would be interesting though, cant imagine he’d be thrilled to be demoted. Plus in addition to Hiltz you have Birstwistle coming in next year and he looks very promising.

Eric Holden from Hobart really interests me. Thought he was tough as nails against Kennedy before the game got out of hand. Managing things with Cook would be interesting though, cant imagine he’d be thrilled to be demoted. Plus in addition to Hiltz you have Birstwistle coming in next year and he looks very promising.
agree. Holden can play.

Sowers, Holden, Yorke , Brown and maybe a few other are some free agent attack, class. Cuse just has to wait and see if in on Sowers but nothing wrong with contacting others in meantime. Fernandez was good off wing n on gb's but Helmer was stronger defensively. Rather Helmer or Mellen reconsider their "retirements" rather than someone looking for new home. Can only redeploy the $ saved toward a top tier transfer under the 12.6 and use the youngsters in wait somewhere.

Holden is a nice player but its hard to see SU bringing in anyone at attack via transfer unless they are a Teat/Sower type player. Clearly SU is interested in Sowers as he is program changer regardless of where he ends up but beyond that SU doesn't have much room at the Inn. You have Cook and Scanlan as R-Soph and then even if Rehfuss doesn't come back you have a guy in Hiltz who the staff is extremely extremely high on and I have heard has the potential to be the best attack recruit since Mikey. Third as you noted Birstwistle is coming in plus 2 other attack recruits including Farris who is way underrated not to mention the attack guys who are returning. Now if a young attackmen who the staff really likes is available I could maybe see them offering but it would have to be a guy they really really like. It's a bit ironic in that any other year in say the last 3-4 SU could be looking at taking in multiple attackmen from the portal especially with all the potential big names.

However, with the additional of Scanlan and Hiltz being flipped last fall that need has dropped signficiantly. Hiltz has been described as a guy who can be a day starter, the last thing you want if your SU is him not getting on the field for a Sr transfer (save for Sowers/Teat) and wondering what could have been if he blows up or god forbid you get a Wisnaukas situation on your hands. I do agree that Cook has to show more, I think he deferres a bit to much but its understandable when he's playing with Scanlan, a 5th year Sr in Rehfuss and the best midline in the country and maybe ever at SU. Still your right, we need to see a little more and I love Cook as a player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom