2021 Fall Camp Starts Friday August 6th | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Fall Camp Starts Friday August 6th

I know we are beating a dead horse here but the access to this program is pathetic.

I just watched a 10 minute you tube clip of free access to practice #1 for Notre Dame. It included video of the team practice, analysis of which players were in starting lineups, formations etc. The host was interviewing beat writers who were providing opinions of players, how team looked etc. I presume something like this will be produced following most practices.

Meanwhile up in Syracuse you have a 1-10 football team at perhaps the best communications school in the country producing a 40 second clip without any analysis. In addition to a coach who won’t give a straight answer for fear of it being used against him. I thought Marrone was tight when it came to access but this is just ridiculous. Dino better win this year.

At this point all I care about are some dubs. The fact there have been even concerns about Cuse not beating Ohio just is crazy. I want Syracuse to paste them. I want Rutgers taken behind the woodshed. I want Liberty curb stumped. I don't care about marketing, Dino soundbites or handsprings. Give me football, wins and grilled giannelli hots with onions and peppers.
Agree about wins, but don't think a 10 minute daily PC from the HC would take away from that.

Yeah hiding the media has really mattered in the past with all these national championship
Winning plays dino has kept a secret from everyone to see... This is even more important of a time than ever to get the fan base engaged. Cmon

This is sad. Not a good way to promote the program.
I agree. I know we all come here to vent but DIno has always been like this. I think people just noticed it more the last couples of years due to sub par seasons. Ive said this before, its the way he operates. Has nothing to do with hiding stuff from opponents like some seem to think here. He is gonna be even more tight because his job is on the line.

Lol gotta keep everything under wraps for Ohio because the team in week two might get an advantage scouting a 5 minute rva video on August 8. It’s so stupid it defies logic.

I agree. I know we all come here to vent but DIno has always been like this. I think people just noticed it more the last couples of years due to sub par seasons. Ive said this before, its the way he operates. Has nothing to do with hiding stuff from opponents like some seem to think here. He is gonna be even more tight because his job is on the line.
Yep winning cures a lot of venting so just win baby, to quote a famous SU grad

I understand and agree this has nothing to do with hiding information from opponents. But this is a terrible way to promote the program to fans and or recruits.

We could be using Newhouse as a resource to promote the program. How hard would it be to post a video profile of a few players every day? What harm would it do to help fans learn something about the players who make up the team they support?

Start with a 10 second video of the layer in action using current clips form practice.

Provide a profile of the player;

Name
Hometown
Position
Year in the program

Then a couple silly questions;

Favorite place to eat in Syracuse?
favorite thing about SU?
Major?

Simple stuff that would help fans know a little (very little) something about the player they are rooting for.

There are so many ways to promote the program. Radio silence like this is foolish.

I feel like I shoud look to find last year's or the year before (or before that) and just bump one of THOSE threads... since this conversation happens exactly the same way year after year after year.

I understand and agree this has nothing to do with hiding information from opponents. But this is a terrible way to promote the program to fans and or recruits.

We could be using Newhouse as a resource to promote the program. How hard would it be to post a video profile of a few players every day? What harm would it do to help fans learn something about the players who make up the team they support?

Start with a 10 second video of the layer in action using current clips form practice.

Provide a profile of the player;

Name
Hometown
Position
Year in the program

Then a couple silly questions;

Favorite place to eat in Syracuse?
favorite thing about SU?
Major?

Simple stuff that would help fans know a little (very little) something about the player they are rooting for.

There are so many ways to promote the program. Radio silence like this is foolish.
I agree. Ive complained on here for years lol.

I feel like I shoud look to find last year's or the year before (or before that) and just bump one of THOSE threads... since this conversation happens exactly the same way year after year after year.
Didn't we get 10 minutes most days? So now 4 days apart? Smh

Didn't we get 10 minutes most days? So now 4 days apart? Smh
No. Nyet, Nein. Nix. Nope. Never.
Here's the schedule from 2017. Open. Closed. Day Off. Open. Closed. Open.

No. Nyet, Nein. Nix. Nope. Never.
Here's the schedule from 2017. Open. Closed. Day Off. Open. Closed. Open.
Now we're going from every other practice , to practice 1 open, practice 2 closed, day off, practice 3 closed, practice 4 open...SMH

We had 5 of the 1st 8 open , that year.

Last edited:
At least there are TWO clips of former Cuse players, playing at their new teams, on the official Twitter. Only 1 clip of ours, but whose counting.

Years ago, I played in a Captain and Crew tournament at Rogues Roost. Dar Dar was playing in another foursome. We chatted a little bit before tee-off, and I told him that I send Mitch Berger from Colorado a Christmas card every year. He almost spit out his drink he was laughing so hard.
Kirby is a funny dude. Great story teller

But can't afford to lose one or two early games that could have been wins (all hypothetical) had Shrader been the man from the word go (again all hypothetical)

I don't think TD will be bad, just that Shrader offers more potential
I dont know how anyone knows who has more potential., we know one guy can throw given time but maybe struggles to elude pass rush.. we know one guy can run around , but struggles to throw. until we know what the oline is gonna do we dont really know who can do what in this offense. I am on the Oline has to block train.. if they do then the QBs get a chance to show what then do. if the oline cant block then we become a more run the ball and throw when we can offense and that points towards Shrader. too soon to say thats where we are headed.