2021 NFL Draft General thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Draft General thread

Yeah I don't know why people act like if they don't take one at 5 they can't get one. They signed Reiff as an adequate tackle to pair with Jonah Williams. Not that difficult to find a solid interior starter at 38 and/or 69. I'd rather have Chase with someone like Eichenberg then have Sewell and T.Marshall or R.Moore.

Exactly, I think you always need to try to add the best player possible rather than draft someone just to fill a need.

Exactly, I think you always need to try to add the best player possible rather than draft someone just to fill a need.
Especially in this case where Tyler Boyd is already a very good slot guy so that makes a whole bunch of the 2nd-3rd tier WRs in this draft duplicative.

Yeah I don't know why people act like if they don't take one at 5 they can't get one. They signed Reiff as an adequate tackle to pair with Jonah Williams. Not that difficult to find a solid interior starter at 38 and/or 69. I'd rather have Chase with someone like Eichenberg then have Sewell and T.Marshall or R.Moore.
I'm not saying they can't get one later and a good one. Just saying if my franchise QB is coming off major knee surgery protecting him would be a bigger priority than a receiver.

I recall the old Andy Reid line. Give me a QB, two OTs, two DEs and two DBs and I'll figure out the rest.

For whatever reason, Sewell's standing appears to have slipped a bit in the last month or two. I don't know if there is a valid reason for that but if he is the guy they were talking about back then then it would be hard to pass on him. A Pro Bowl LT is a very nice thing to have.

I recall the old Andy Reid line. Give me a QB, two OTs, two DEs and two DBs and I'll figure out the rest.

For whatever reason, Sewell's standing appears to have slipped a bit in the last month or two. I don't know if there is a valid reason for that but if he is the guy they were talking about back then then it would be hard to pass on him. A Pro Bowl LT is a very nice thing to have.
That was old Andy Reid. New Andy Reid says give me Tyreek and Kelce with Pat and I'll figure out the rest.

Obviously Sewell would be a smart safe pick.

but i want the phins taking Pitts, Chase or Smith

That was old Andy Reid. New Andy Reid says give me Tyreek and Kelce with Pat and I'll figure out the rest.
Except that Hill was a fifth rounder and Kelce was a third rounder. Reid's last four first rounders prior to last year all came from that grouping and of course he just traded for a LT earlier in the week. We saw in the last SB what happens when even a great QB doesn't have time to throw.

I guess the key determination is whether Sewell is really that good. The betting markets are saying Cinci takes Chase so Sewell may slip a few picks.

Obviously Sewell would be a smart safe pick.

but i want the phins taking Pitts, Chase or Smith

How many wins does Sewell or any OLine add to your team ? Is your fanbase excited the next day ?

How many wins does Sewell or any OLine add to your team ? Is your fanbase excited the next day ?
We drafted a potential franchise QB last year, and have the first round picks to draft another need be in the future.

But, while we have Tua, may as well pull our heads from our ends and draft him some protection. We just got rid of Flowers.

That said, we need wideouts and a run game too.

We drafted a potential franchise QB last year, and have the first round picks to draft another need be in the future.

But, while we have Tua, may as well pull our heads from our ends and draft him some protection. We just got rid of Flowers.

That said, we need wideouts and a run game too.
Argument to be made whether or not that's the best use of resources when they took 3 OL in the first 4 rounds last year and all 3 look to be starters already. They should certainly take Sewell and kick Hunt inside if he's the top guy on their board but it's not an overwhelming need by any means.

Argument to be made whether or not that's the best use of resources when they took 3 OL in the first 4 rounds last year and all 3 look to be starters already. They should certainly take Sewell and kick Hunt inside if he's the top guy on their board but it's not an overwhelming need by any means.
Agreed, but we’re A young team with money and a trove of future picks. Dolphins had to rebuild from the ground up and your foundation starts in the trenches.

An OL is not a sexy pick, but a coherent and experienced line with continuity gives you a shot at rings

Cincinnati already signed Riley Reiff to their OL.
I think they are taking Chase on Burrow’s recommendation.
Miami wants one of Chase or Pitts IMO.
With Miami’s luck a team like LA Chargers will over pay to go from 13 to 6 to get Swell.

Oh. You mean the OL that keeps your QB clean, and allows him to make the throws that win games, and not get killed? That OL?

I'd say they were of paramount importance.

Of course, that's just me.

And most of the reasonable football fans in the world.

Lol. You are just clueless about how the game is played.

You dont know football a mobile qb can make up. Btw our oline is decent enough with a mobile qb. I want playmakers. Playmakers win games playmakers sell tickets winning on the field and off.

You dont know football a mobile qb can make up. Btw our oline is decent enough with a mobile qb. I want playmakers. Playmakers win games playmakers sell tickets winning on the field and off.
You can't make plays when you're flat on your back, wondering what year it is and where you are...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom