2022-23 Portal Cup | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 Portal Cup

roster lists him at 5'7 but 1,000 yards is a 1,000 yards. Impressive.

I’ve come around to thinking we should just build our team around the portal. 10+ every season.

Given that every team will now have some level of outbound portal losses every year, 10+ inbound is not unreasonable, and may be necessary.

If nothing else, we’ve certainly been able to land a LOT more former 4* portal guys than 4* HS croots.

I’ve come around to thinking we should just build our team around the portal. 10+ every season.
I'm curious to see what happens in a couple of years once the extra COVID year guys have mostly moved on. Team rosters have been weird the last couple of years for that reason, and once they cycle out, I'm wondering if that gives us a cleaner picture of how things will work.

I'm curious to see what happens in a couple of years once the extra COVID year guys have mostly moved on. Team rosters have been weird the last couple of years for that reason, and once they cycle out, I'm wondering if that gives us a cleaner picture of how things will work.

That’s a good point. Then once they clear up the NCAA will make some asinine rule or change a current one that will cause more craziness.

OK, sure but...

they are student-athletes -
and colleges and universities have deadlines by which students must be enrolled and attending classes, to be considered in good standing with said college/university.

I'd certainly hope that the vast majority of these late portal entries, have their destination already in hand, before leaping into the unknown.

Otherwise they might end up footing the bill for tuition and R&B to attain the minimum number of credits to remain eligible to play football in D1.

OK, sure but...

they are student-athletes -
and colleges and universities have deadlines by which students must be enrolled and attending classes, to be considered in good standing with said college/university.

I'd certainly hope that the vast majority of these late portal entries, have their destination already in hand, before leaping into the unknown.

Otherwise they might end up footing the bill for tuition and R&B to attain the minimum number of credits to remain eligible to play football in D1.
Here are the Spring 2023 deadlines for SU:

Tuesday, January 17First day of classes
Tuesday, January 17 – Tuesday, January 24Late registration and schedule adjustment

If they don't arrive this week it's too late.

5'7" = low to the ground and hard to tackle. That's how you get 1000 yards especially if you're fast. He'd be a slot receiver.
How tall was Irv Phillips? Sean Riley was small too, both excelled in the slot.

And there it is, Hartman to ND.
Hopefully they can now lose to an ACC team for once with an ACC QB.

I am so disgusted that our conference can't beat that team in a regular season for like 8 years in a row. I mean at least Clemson didn't let them win a playoff game or ACC title but their winning streak against the league drives me insane and this year they played the top teams and blew them out bad.

Hopefully they can now lose to an ACC team for once with an ACC QB.

I am so disgusted that our conference can't beat that team in a regular season for like 8 years in a row. I mean at least Clemson didn't let them win a playoff game or ACC title but their winning streak against the league drives me insane and this year they played the top teams and blew them out bad.
... after losing to Stanford at home.

Alabama players in transfer portal
PlayerNew school
DL Braylen IngrahamSyracuse
K/P Jack MartinHouston
CB Khyree JacksonOregon
RB Trey SandersTCU
OL Damieon GeorgeFlorida
WR Christian LearyGeorgia Tech
OL Tanner BowlesKentucky
WR Traeshon HoldenOregon
OL Javion CohenMiami
WR JoJo EarleTCU
OT Tommy BrockermeyerTCU
OT Amari KightUCF
WR Aaron AndersonLSU
WR Tyler Harrelln/a
LB Demouy Kennedyn/a

Star receiver AD Mitchell is hitting the portal … more top end talent coming soon.

Looks like we're in the clear for now in terms of retaining our guys. Lost 2 starters in Duce and Jahad, but could have been worse. Has been very quiet in terms of visitors, other than the QB who's going to JC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom