2022 Coaching Carousel | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Coaching Carousel

I have no read or inside info here. But Langel has been winning at Colgate which was not exactly a winner or east place to win before he got there. Langel certainly has had to have gotten some interest or offers from other schools. It makes me think that he really likes this area and possibly could be waiting to see what Cuse does with their opening?? I’m sure his name will come up if he stays on this track when the opening happens but how seriously will he be considered?

He wouldn’t be my top choice but if I’m being honest I would take him over any of our current assistants. He’s a real Xs and Os coach and has proven he can beat and be competitive with some of the big programs and coaches. See the last couple of years. The big question with him, would he be able to recruit talent with the big boys?

If he doesn’t sign the letters with “Michael”….

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

I have no read or inside info here. But Langel has been winning at Colgate which was not exactly a winner or east place to win before he got there. Langel certainly has had to have gotten some interest or offers from other schools. It makes me think that he really likes this area and possibly could be waiting to see what Cuse does with their opening?? I’m sure his name will come up if he stays on this track when the opening happens but how seriously will he be considered?

He wouldn’t be my top choice but if I’m being honest I would take him over any of our current assistants. He’s a real Xs and Os coach and has proven he can beat and be competitive with some of the big programs and coaches. See the last couple of years. The big question with him, would he be able to recruit talent with the big boys?
Could be similar to Jay Wright going from Hofstra to Villanova in terms of jumping from a mid major league to the big leagues. The only thing is that Jay had Nova ties and had been an assistant there under Rollie, so he had experience recruiting at a higher level.

If GMAC gets the Albany gig, then we will promote griff and add Nichols to the staff. That’s because we are in easy button mode these days.

If JB wants to hang on fine, but at this point he shouldn't be allowed to just have yes men as his assistants. He has lost that right. Why would JW allow this?

If JB wants to hang on fine, but at this point he shouldn't be allowed to just have yes men as his assistants. He has lost that right. Why would JW allow this?
why would JW allow Scanlon and Coach Q to do the things they did? answer: he sucks

Many of these coaching changes are made mid season without official contact. The Maryland Willard, Holloway Seton Hall for example.

There’s always a handful of these each year like this. Sometimes they break down, but usually they are well known in coaching circles well before they go public.

Many of these coaching changes are made mid season without official contact. The Maryland Willard, Holloway Seton Hall for example.

There’s always a handful of these each year like this. Sometimes they break down, but usually they are well known in coaching circles well before they go public.
I have it on good authority that Holloway was Umass until the Willard news. Not sure what you heard.

So Seton Hall traded Willard for Holloway so to speak. That could be like the Nolan Ryan/Jim Fregosi trade in their favor

I have it on good authority that Holloway was Umass until the Willard news. Not sure what you heard.
Interesting, had not heard Holloway to UMASS.

Interesting, had not heard Holloway to UMASS.
sorry, that came off rude. Didn’t mean it like that. I have a pretty good connection with this one. Basically said before the ncaa tournament he was already gone. Most likely to UMass (things obviously change). Especially with the run they went on in the Tournament and Willard news coming. Then it became a forgone conclusion he was going to seton hall.

I do wonder if he gets the seton hall job if they lose to Kentucky first round. I saw a lot of media raving about the job he did just winning the MAAC. So I know he was on the radar for some programs. Just wonder if he gets a P6 job without the run in March.

sorry, that came off rude. Didn’t mean it like that. I have a pretty good connection with this one. Basically said before the ncaa tournament he was already gone. Most likely to UMass (things obviously change). Especially with the run they went on in the Tournament and Willard news coming. Then it became a forgone conclusion he was going to seton hall.

I do wonder if he gets the seton hall job if they lose to Kentucky first round. I saw a lot of media raving about the job he did just winning the MAAC. So I know he was on the radar for some programs. Just wonder if he gets a P6 job without the run in March.
No worries. Didn’t take it as rude. Good info.

I appreciate my good friend CousCuse's passion for UMass athletics but this is your monthly reminder UMass fans/alums hopes are much more in line with with is plausible right now.

That said, Frank Martin's ceiling at UMass is very high and for the first time since I've been there I have reasons to be excited about their athletics outside of the hockey team. Fingers crossed that good Syracuse news starts to pile up on top of it after Jesse last night.
No love for Don Brown, he made some serious moves in the portal? Brown at football and Frank Martin at basketball are huge steps forward for UMASS sports. They are both legitimate P5 coaches.

No love for Don Brown, he made some serious moves in the portal? Brown at football and Frank Martin at basketball are huge steps forward for UMASS sports. They are both legitimate P5 coaches.
Don Brown was once a good P5 DC.

He has never been a P5 HC and never will be one. Even an illegitimate one.

He is at the end of the road and was lucky to find a school desperate to give an old man a chance to finish his coaching career with a HC job.

Things kinds of moves rarely end well but IMass plays such an awful schedule he might be able to win a few games here and there. He certainly has the contacts to find unappreciated players in New England to fill out his roster.

Seems like a good guy. Hope he can get that program in a better place before he calls it a career.

Don Brown was once a good P5 DC.

He has never been a P5 HC and never will be one. Even an illegitimate one.

He is at the end of the road and was lucky to find a school desperate to give an old man a chance to finish his coaching career with a HC job.

Things kinds of moves rarely end well but IMass plays such an awful schedule he might be able to win a few games here and there. He certainly has the contacts to find unappreciated players in New England to fill out his roster.

Seems like a good guy. Hope he can get that program in a better place before he calls it a career.
He got a haul of P5 players in the portal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom