2022 Coaching Carousel | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Coaching Carousel

Red that tweet, and said to myself, "common, man! Your supposed too be the leader of a major athletic department!"
Maybe should of waited to get in the office instead’ve firing of a tweet on the phone.

This is how I remember Frank Martin
1647322145851.jpeg

Is he sick? I never would recognize him now.
1647322267335.jpeg

This is how I remember Frank Martin
View attachment 215656
Is he sick? I never would recognize him now.
View attachment 215657

Martin battled COVID and health issues over the past couple of years, and that had serious impacts on him and the Gamecocks program.

Earlier this week, Martin joined The Paul Finebaum Show, where he opened up on his health battles and how hard that was to navigate for South Carolina.

“It was hard,” Martin said about his health battles through COVID. “The first time I had it, I didn’t feel anything. But it attacked my immune system, so I lost my hair. So my energy was good, everything else was good. I just look in the mirror and I get depressed. No pun intended, I just wasn’t used to looking in the mirror and not seeing hair.

“Then the second time I got it, it beat me up pretty bad. And then the same day, my associate head coach got it – Chuck Martin. And it beat him up pretty bad. It was right when conference play started in January. It was hard. Chuck and I both tried to do our jobs last year, we were both beat up pretty good.”

Martin had a winning record this past year and overall. SC is like most of the other SEC schools. It doesn't matter if it's football or basketball, they want to know they have a chance to be #1----right now!

Martin had a winning record this past year and overall. SC is like most of the other SEC schools. It doesn't matter if it's football or basketball, they want to know they have a chance to be #1----right now!
yeah quite the succession of axings in the SEC past week or so

Martin battled COVID and health issues over the past couple of years, and that had serious impacts on him and the Gamecocks program.

Earlier this week, Martin joined The Paul Finebaum Show, where he opened up on his health battles and how hard that was to navigate for South Carolina.

“It was hard,” Martin said about his health battles through COVID. “The first time I had it, I didn’t feel anything. But it attacked my immune system, so I lost my hair. So my energy was good, everything else was good. I just look in the mirror and I get depressed. No pun intended, I just wasn’t used to looking in the mirror and not seeing hair.

“Then the second time I got it, it beat me up pretty bad. And then the same day, my associate head coach got it – Chuck Martin. And it beat him up pretty bad. It was right when conference play started in January. It was hard. Chuck and I both tried to do our jobs last year, we were both beat up pretty good.”
This is all so sad. I thought he looked ill. His skin color isn’t even the same. I hadn’t heard about his health issues at all. Hoping he can regain his health and reduce his stress. Covid doesn’t have to kill to seriously affect one’s health.

This is all so sad. I thought he looked ill. His skin color isn’t even the same. I hadn’t heard about his health issues at all. Hoping he can regain his health and reduce his stress. Covid doesn’t have to kill to seriously affect one’s health.
Yeah, wonder if he has long covid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom