2022 Coaching Carousel | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Coaching Carousel

Florida just hired Todd Golden from USF and I bet they do not miss a beat and are highly competitive next year. If Syracuse goes with Red or GMAC, imo they will have a longer period of mediocre play.
I don't follow your logic. "Do not miss a beat"--they missed the tournament this season.

And, pardon me, but what is Todd Golden's resume? I follow college hoops quite closely, and he does not pop out as a well-known candidate.

Florida just hired Todd Golden from USF and I bet they do not miss a beat and are highly competitive next year. If Syracuse goes with Red or GMAC, imo they will have a longer period of mediocre play.
That's too bad. Golden is a hot commodity.

if his plan is to promote one of his assistants, which we know is the plan, then don't bet on Wildhack having the sack to say no. We saw how that went when JB reneged on his retirement/Hop succession plan
hey i'm not sure even the boys are gone. i've seen enuf KRUEGER movies to know the nightmare never ends...

hey i'm not sure even the boys are gone. i've seen enuf KRUEGER movies to know the nightmare never ends...
your posts rule cuz they're always the wittiest

The eyebrows on this telecast are definitely drawn in
i was always convinced that frank martin was a ticking time bomb. and this is based on mucho video evidence i've seen over the years. but i do find him somewhat likable at the desk. and he has taken his fair share of "psychopathic mood swing " shots from the rest of the panel. that said i will not be surprised if he snaps and leaps up and strangles someone to death on live TV. and my money is on baldy.

Last edited:
Golden kind of seems like a risk for a program as good as Florida. He is a West Coast guy. Can he recruit? He beat no one this year. Last year was the school's worst season since 2009. His 2 "good" years weren't any better than the prior HCs. He did upset UVA last year. But when Davidson is your 2nd best win of your career, does that get you a job like Florida?

Wow, Florida already pounced on Golden. Excellent call on their part. I’ve been as impressed with him as I think you have.

Golden moving from the west coast to SEC is quite the jump geographically. I don’t doubt his coaching ability, but he’s going to need guys to recruit that area.

Young up and coming coach but can’t see it working out at Florida. Going across the country with no recruiting ties.

Willard is a fraud. Can recruit but can’t coach. Maryland, yikes.

Pitt needs to go get Ben howland. Maybe not the coach he used to be but he was successful at Pitt once before. They are a dumpster fire now.

Young up and coming coach but can’t see it working out at Florida. Going across the country with no recruiting ties.

Willard is a fraud. Can recruit but can’t coach. Maryland, yikes.

Pitt needs to go get Ben howland. Maybe not the coach he used to be but he was successful at Pitt once before. They are a dumpster fire now.
I see Todd golden as an up-and-coming Billy Donovan type. if he surround himself with good recruiters, he has a chance for immediate success. I watched USF a lot this year and they were competitive with Gonzaga and St. Mary’s.
Golden moving from the west coast to SEC is quite the jump geographically. I don’t doubt his coaching ability, but he’s going to need guys to recruit that area.

What has he done to warrant the job? Their resume this year was one of the worst of all time. They only got in from a Gonzaga bump. He didn't elevate San Fran any higher than his 2 predecessors. He might end up being a great HC but he doesn't have a track record. Why is he a better choice than Kyle Smith who has proven a lot more?

You have to hand it to South Carolina, not to let cheating get in the way of hiring a coach. FBI..that is folks from Washington D.C. ain't it?
It’s a huge risk for Xavier or South Carolina to hire Miller. He will likely be saddled with a show cause penalty when the NCAA is finally finished with the Arizona case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom