2022 PGA Tour | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

2022 PGA Tour

I've gotten a positive vibe from Interviews I've seen with Homa. Everything I've read about Willett has said he's a junk. At the end of the day, I'm glad for Homa, he was due.
Yep. Always nice to see the good guy come out on top.

Homa joined a golf telecast recently on an off-week and was great apparently. Very funny and smart guy in addition to being a great player.

I've gotten a positive vibe from Interviews I've seen with Homa. Everything I've read about Willett has said he's a jerk. At the end of the day, I'm glad for Homa, he was due.

It might be Willett's brother you're thinking of. He is/was a pendejo on social media.

Video of Willett's 3 putt, after Homa's stunning chip shot that forced him to make.
The first putt was to win, the second putt was to tie.

I played with a caddie down at the course where they did the recent father-child tournament. The guy was a former pro, but never made the PGA tour. He was telling me that he had a putt that would have netted him an additional $35,000.00 in prize money if he made it. He said all he could think of was paying back his investors. He missed the putt.
The mental game is the difference in sports at that level.

I played with a caddie down at the course where they did the recent father-child tournament. The guy was a former pro, but never made the PGA tour. He was telling me that he had a putt that would have netted him an additional $35,000.00 in prize money if he made it. He said all he could think of was paying back his investors. He missed the putt.
The mental game is the difference in sports at that level.

I apologize if I originally saw this here, but this article was interesting.

Certainly have plenty of respect for a career "minor leaguer" grinding to finally make the PGA Tour at 32.

Back in 2013, I went to a PGA Tour Canada Event at my local course. (This is a feeder tour to the Korn Ferry Tour of sorts).

- 156 players playing for $150,000, a portion of that funded by the players themselves (entry fees)
- Many players with no caddies or local caddies... some just carried their own bag.
- Some players were billeted.

Its not an easy life for them. And given that they are still very good golfers that are not that far away from the tour, its hard to give up on the dream despite the current hardships.

Obviously the course was not playing close to PGA Tour level, but still the entire top 10 shot -16 or under on a 7000 yard course. I think ultimately about 20 of players in the field earned a PGA tour card for 1 year or more. Those that have become the most successful in the field were probably Tony Finau, Mackenzie Hughes and Joel Dahmen

View attachment 219120
What course did they play on?

Upper Canada - 2013 Event on PGA Canada Tour.

If it's the one near Cornwall, I've played there. Never saw so much goose poo because of the wildlife preserve just down the road.
eek.png

If it's the one near Cornwall, I've played there. Never saw so much goose poo because of the wildlife preserve just down the road. View attachment 220187

That's the one. Generally though they only do their real damage in the rough on the 4 holes along the stream on the back nine. Keep it on the fairway and greens and you avoid most, but not all, turd issues. The little *&^% manage to occasionally hit the greens.

The 630yd 14th hole (from the tips) is particularly bad at times, especially if you play on the left side of the fairway or left rough along the water. I play there quite a bit -- the geese (and resulting turd) are more of an issue at certain times of the year . Last week the geese, and their remnants, were not even on the course.

I'm not sure what they did but in 2013, for the PGA Canada event, the geese were not an issue. Not sure what the ruling would be if a player had a ball that was up against a geese turd. For us regular joes you just move the ball in a turd free spot, but not sure how it works for pros.

Last edited:
int Team lead for 3 holes today, But one of those leads came late to stop a a 5-0 score

To bring relevance and interest back to the 2024 President's Cup they need to make this a mixed male(6)/female(6) event. The international ladies are quite a bit stronger than the US ladies and it would bring more balance to the squads and also a new interesting element.

Right now the US is on pace to be up 9-1 at the end of the day.
Conceivably they could win 6.5-1.5 tomorrow and clinch the President's Cup.

At this point all I am cheering for is for the 2 Canadians to do well.

When did you play there? I may have been working there when you did

About 20 years ago. My friend from Dorval thinned a three wood that was a low screamer, and nailed a goose right in the drumstick. It was limping around pretty badly, and we saw it again when we made the turn and came back. So he flagged over a cart with a groundskeeper and said, "I hit a goose a few holes back." The guy said "Good," and drove off. :)

About 20 years ago. My friend from Dorval thinned a three wood that was a low screamer, and nailed a goose right in the drumstick. It was limping around pretty badly, and we saw it again when we made the turn and came back. So he flagged over a cart with a groundskeeper and said, "I hit a goose a few holes back." The guy said "Good," and drove off. :)

Do they call them Canadien geese in Canada, or are they just regular geese?

HELLO WORLD!!!

Certainly a coming out party for him.

I didn't even realize that he had won at Wyndham early in August (post major dark phase on tour) ... and had actually got into the world top 20, after winning a few times in Asia and then one of his first PGA starts.

Certainly a coming out party for him.

I didn't even realize that he had won at Wyndham early in August (post major dark phase on tour) ... and had actually got into the world top 20, after winning a few times in Asia and then one of his first PGA starts.
Sebastian Munoz is another golfer unknown to most. Good thing Speith and Thomas are unbeatable. Tomorrow is no slam dunk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom