2022 PGA Tour | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

2022 PGA Tour

an additional part of the PGA is taking the game to lots of areas are the US in a way many can see the game up close. to do that and make sure the fields are decent quality requires some efforts to make players play in a set of matches. this also includes the sub tours and the sr tour. LIV will never do any of this as they dont have players to fill fields nor the energy to run another few hundred players with Guaranteed money .

Good for him, that was tight, way to close for comfort. I remember his Dad being a hell of a player when I was a kid
That's so awesome. Great family. I was a bagboy at Bellevue in HS and college. Kevin would purposely pelt me as I drove the range cart w/ low stringers when he was a kid.

Last edited:
Patrick Reed: Once A Bleephole, Always A Bleephole. Suing Golf Channel and Brandel Chamblee for defamation. Raising the question, how can a serial cheater be defamed?:

Patrick Reed: Once A Bleephole, Always A Bleephole. Suing Golf Channel and Brandel Chamblee for defamation. Raising the question, how can a serial cheater be defamed?:

Brandel has strong takes, but Reed is a garbage human. We knew that all the way back when he stole from his college teammates. This was even before his on course cheating, not letting his parents even come to Augusta, and his wife’s burner account that they hide behind.

Brandel has strong takes, but Reed is a garbage human. We knew that all the way back when he stole from his college teammates. This was even before his on course cheating, not letting his parents even come to Augusta, and his wife’s burner account that they hide behind.
Anyone doubt that Saudi $$'s will pay for this lawsuit? Which reminds me--another LIV-affiliated scofflaw:

May or may not be illegal. Definitely shady.

Anyone doubt that Saudi $$'s will pay for this lawsuit? Which reminds me--another LIV-affiliated scofflaw:

May or may not be illegal. Definitely shady.

I'm sure LIV money will get the ball rolling. And then, once Golf and Chamblee move forward, Reed will withdraw the case.

Defamation cases are the ultimate game of chicken. Or poker. The (allegedly) defamed party never wants to answer questions under oath. 45 owns the playbook.

I'm sure LIV money will get the ball rolling. And then, once Golf and Chamblee move forward, Reed will withdraw the case.

Defamation cases are the ultimate game of chicken. Or poker. The (allegedly) defamed party never wants to answer questions under oath. 45 owns the playbook.
My first thought was to be curious how excited Patrick would be to answer questions under oath also.

My first thought was to be curious how excited Patrick would be to answer questions under oath also.

Mine was picturing someone sitting there thinking..."Ya know, I wanted to like Patrick Reed, but BRANDEL CHAMBLEE said he was a cheater, so now I don't"

Also, if Reed wins. Lebron should sue Skip Bayless for a BILLION

Having practiced law in Family court my first 20 years, I find that kids not wanting parents around is almost always based upon good reason.

Current leaderboard features the (loyal) Cams vs. the Scotts

1. Adam Scott
2. Cam Young
T3. Cam Davis
T3. Scott Stallings
T3. Scott(ie) Scheffler

Current leaderboard features the (loyal) Cams vs. the Scotts

1. Adam Scott
2. Cam Young
T3. Cam Davis
T3. Scott Stallings
T3. Scott(ie) Scheffler
I have Cam Young at 22 to 1. He's hopefully ready.

I really like this course. Of course, I'm a proud Delawarean who would never be allowed within the gates of such an august monument to millionaires.

But the course is a beast. Surprised that it hasn't been used more frequently for tourneys.

I really like this course. Of course, I'm a proud Delawarean who would never be allowed within the gates of such an august monument to millionaires.

But the course is a beast. Surprised that it hasn't been used more frequently for tourneys.

The playoffs would be better with more variety and doing more rotating of courses.

Why does the tour championship have to be at East Lake every single year? Its not a bad track, but it would be great to move this thing around. Its not Augusta and its not TPC Sawgrass in terms of allure and identity.

Nice to see they don't use TPC Boston every year now -- but they will be using TPC Southwind (Fed Ex St Jude) for a while moving forward, which I find unremarkable.

So 2 of the 3 playoff events will be locked for a while (East Lake and TPC Southwind). Not great.

Top 10 has:

Scott, Scheffler, Spieth, Xander, Cantley, Rory, and Young.

Scott may defect, but this level of competition can't be surpassed by an exhibition tour.

And Corey Connors!

Top 10 has:

Scott, Scheffler, Spieth, Xander, Cantley, Rory, and Young.

Scott may defect, but this level of competition can't be surpassed by an exhibition tour.

The PGA tour is helped by how it is "younger" than ever and players peaking at a younger age. Allows for a batch of great new players every few years, and creates more recognizable and competitive names on tour. Helps them combat LIV.

LIV would have been a bigger problem in the 1990s/2000s when players beaked in their mid 30s, and not many stars in their 20s.

RIP Tom Weiskopf. One of the best ball strikers of all time

RIP Tom Weiskopf. One of the best ball strikers of all time

Sorry to hear. When I was in HS, we did a "fantasy" golf league before there was such a thing and Tom was my guy.

Starting staggered scores for next week's finale. My least favorite thing they fo in any sport. I understand it but could you imagine the NFL or the NBA giving the top seed extra points.

Starting staggered scores for next week's finale. My least favorite thing they fo in any sport. I understand it but could you imagine the NFL or the NBA giving the top seed extra points.

I hated the old points system which was very hard to follow (for the Fed Ex Cup) and pushed for some sort of staggered points for a number years if they were going to award two winners at the event. Yet somehow they made me hate it more because the starting stroke advantage are so huge.

I wanted the following, keeping the 2 "tournaments" in 1 concept.
1) regular tournament score for the Tour Championship.
2) staggered Fed Ex Cup Score, where it was -4 for the leader, -3 for 2, -2 for 3-5.

I understand that the main sponsor (Fed Ex) only wanted one winner - so fine go with staggered scores, but do it something minimal like above.

Giving some people a 10 stroke lead over others is insanity.

Honestly, at this point I would just prefer a 30 man tournament, no handicaps, winner takes all.

Giving some people a 10 stroke lead over others is insanity.

Honestly, at this point I would just prefer a 30 man tournament, no handicaps, winner takes alall.
How would you feel about match play with top 4 or 8 getting a bye once or twice?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom