2022 Portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Portal

For the hell of it, I just did a sweep and it's pretty slim pickings (many have moved on from college ball or have not played up to rating). One stuck out and it would be a major long shot (he toed the waters at going pro last year). Jeenathan Williams of Buffalo (Rochester native). He's progressed every year as a scorer and I believe he has one year left. However, I don't see him being an option with Girard on the roster.
Why not an option? He brings the toughness we NEED. They don’t play the same position

Why not an option? He brings the toughness we NEED. They don’t play the same position
I think this would be the steal of a lifetime and he would instantly become our best player. Yes, I said it.

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 8.06.09 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 8.06.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 8.06.09 AM.png
    191 KB · Views: 81
Jeenathan would be an athletic wing that we've missed this year. He's 23 but looks like he wants to keep his collegiate experience going another season. I would think he would jump at an SU offer if staff felt he met their needs.

Jeenathan would be an athletic wing that we've missed this year. He's 23 but looks like he wants to keep his collegiate experience going another season. I would think he would jump at an SU offer if staff felt he met their needs.
If they don’t think it, we need a new staff. Well, we probably do lol

Who has the time to review 500 names? The staff is eyeballing a few possibilities- that’s what I’m asking…

We’ve got some good players coming in next year, but I have zero confidence that JB can close on top players any more. The 2023 class could be scary. There’s very little noise on any top prospects and there is a lot of unknowns with regard to who the coach will be. Our hands are tied and schools can just unload on us with negatve recruiting.

For the hell of it, I just did a sweep and it's pretty slim pickings (many have moved on from college ball or have not played up to rating). One stuck out and it would be a major long shot (he toed the waters at going pro last year). Jeenathan Williams of Buffalo (Rochester native). He's progressed every year as a scorer and I believe he has one year left. However, I don't see him being an option with Girard on the roster.
Thank you for posting that video.
It always makes me feel better.
I was in an SU bar in NYC and started getting out of my chair when CJ started going down the lane..

Unfortunately, there's no one currently on the team who could make that move.
Maybe...maybe... Jimmy Boeheim or Cole Swider could put up one of those driving hook shots.
But that's as close as it gets.

We’ve got some good players coming in next year, but I have zero confidence that JB can close on top players any more. The 2023 class could be scary. There’s very little noise on any top prospects and there is a lot of unknowns with regard to who the coach will be. Our hands are tied and schools can just unload on us with negatve recruiting.
Providence recruited great players from the portal. Minaya, Horshler, Brynum and Durham. We should be able to get at least one. Two would be better!

They knew who their coach was.
Unfortunately we do too, and as we have seen in the last few years, we get the leftovers.
When a player has any desire to get to the next level, having to learn the zone to get playing time isn't the answer.
The good ones want come in for a year, and leave for the league.

this new reality of one season at a time might be the reason that JB said next season man to man would be used...possibly its not a case of JB sez stuff

now that every year is basically starting over...systems that take players multiple seasons to learn will be tough to employ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom