2022 Yankees Season | Page 111 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

Montgomery trade seems very odd, am I missing something???
I’m a little puzzled. I’m hoping maybe more info is coming. I understand wanting Bader’s defense. I’m not sure adding Montas and subtracting Montgomery is that much of a boost for the starting rotation.

I’m a little puzzled. I’m hoping maybe more info is coming. I understand wanting Bader’s defense. I’m not sure adding Montas and subtracting Montgomery is that much of a boost for the starting rotation.
This is an embarrassingly bad trade for the Cardinals. They turned down a Wheeler for Bader trade a few years ago. Bader can actually hit now.

Ya seems odd, organization is concerned avout SP depth (rightfully so) and you move a younger starter for a hurt OF when theres already a logjam for that position. I dont get this one at all.

Ya seems odd, organization is concerned avout SP depth (rightfully so) and you move a younger starter for a hurt OF when theres already a logjam for that position. I dont get this one at all.

Move Hicks during the off season?

More moves coming tonight?

40 Man Roster after Trades

Pitchers (19)
Gerrit Cole
Jameson Taillon
Nestor Cortes, Jr.
Frankie Montas
Domingo German
Lucas Luetge
Wandy Peralta
Clay Holmes
Albert Abreu
Aroldis Chapman
Jonathan Loaisiga
Ron Marinaccio
Scott Effross
Lou Trivino
Carlos Espinal (SWB)
Clarke Schmidt (SWB)
Yoendrys Gomez (Tampa)
Deivi Garcia (Somerset)
Luis Gil [Full Season DL]
Miguel Castro [60 Day DL]
Luis Severino [60 Day DL]
Michael King [60 Day DL]
Chad Green [60 Day DL]
Stephen Ridings [60 Day DL]
Zach Britton [60 Day DL]

Catchers (3)
Jose Trevino
Kyle Higashioka
Ben Rortvedt (SWB)

Infielders (10)
Isiah Kiner-Falefa
Gleyber Torres
Anthony Rizzo
DJ LeMahieu
Marwin Gonzalez
Matt Carpenter
Josh Donaldson
Miguel Andujar (SWB)
Oswald Peraza (SWB)
Oswaldo Cabrera (SWB)

Outfielders (8)
Aaron Judge
Aaron Hicks
Andrew Benintendi
Tim Locastro
Estevan Florial (SWB)
Everson Pereira (Somerset)
Giancarlo Stanton [10 Day DL]
Harrison Bader [10 Day DL]

Get the hedge clippers out.

A team that thinks it's starters might break down trades a starter for a 6th outfielder with plantar fasciitis.

A next year move to reduce the 40 man now? Put Bader on 60 day IL?

He's backdated to June 27.

60 Day would have him back in Sept.

Per John & Suzyn, they expect Sevy to come off the DL on Sept 12, and he'll be able to get 5 starts under his belt before the playoffs.

Cashman: We feel we’ve added and added impact and it came at prices.

Cashman called Bader one of the elite defensive CF in MLB. Said the hope is he can play for the Yankees by September.

Cashman called Montas a “big impact” starter who reinforces the rotation.

Even after acquiring Montas, Cashman said the Yankees were still in playing on adding more players, including starting pitching.

Cashman said the Yankees were still in playing on adding more players, including starting pitching.
You just traded three of your best options for two relievers and a speedy defensive CF in a walking boot.

Official...

Bader AND a PTBNL

The PTBNL is supposed to be insurance if Bader doesn't play this season. There's probably an A-list (he doesn't play) and a B-list (he plays).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom