2022 Yankees Season | Page 117 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

Montgomery: 5 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K.

German: 5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K.

I think "Nootbaar" will replace "Frak" as my expletive of choice in game threads from now on...

lol at that meathead Yankee fan in the front row during the Judge flyout

For those, like me, wondering why Cashman would have traded Montgomery for a very good centerfielder who is an average hitter at best and who is currently in a walking boot, there is an interesting rumor going around that there was a trade almost consummated between the Yankees and the Marlins that would have brought Pablo Lopez to the Yankees for Aaron Hicks and a number of New York's top prospects- no idea if this is true but it would make a lot more sense of the Gumby trade if Miami backed out at the last second. Personally, I would have been happy to include Gleyber in that trade if Miami had been interested: Craig Carton spreads wild rumor about Yankees’ failed Pablo Lopez trade

For those, like me, wondering why Cashman would have traded Montgomery for a very good centerfielder who is an average hitter at best and who is currently in a walking boot, there is an interesting rumor going around that there was a trade almost consummated between the Yankees and the Marlins that would have brought Pablo Lopez to the Yankees for Aaron Hicks and a number of New York's top prospects- no idea if this is true but it would make a lot more sense of the Gumby trade if Miami backed out at the last second. Personally, I would have been happy to include Gleyber in that trade if Miami had been interested: Craig Carton spreads wild rumor about Yankees’ failed Pablo Lopez trade
Craig Carton is garbage. The Yankees are all about defense now. Bader is one of the best defensive CFs. I believe they wanted Lopez, but I’m sure the two deals were not contingent upon each other. Think what you want about Cashman and his strategies. He is not a rube.

Craig Carton is garbage. The Yankees are all about defense now. Bader is one of the best defensive CFs. I believe they wanted Lopez, but I’m sure the two deals were not contingent upon each other. Think what you want about Cashman and his strategies. He is not a rube.

Agree, Cashman isn't saying yes to the Montgomery trade without knowing the Lopez deal is done. Him multi-tasking wouldn't be a surprise, but by saying yes, he wanted that deal for Bader regardless.

I do wonder what Bader means for Hicks' future. He'll be 33 in October, has really struggled this year. Has 3 years, $30M left (including club option). If he can't get a mid level prospect he likes, would they DFA that?

I do wonder what Bader means for Hicks' future. He'll be 33 in October, has really struggled this year. Has 3 years, $30M left (including club option). If he can't get a mid level prospect he likes, would they DFA that?
I doubt it. I think he just becomes an expensive fourth outfielder. He is a solid defender, a decent base runner, and a switch hitter with the potential for power. If you’re paying him anyway, I don’t think there’s urgency to let him go.

Hicks must have compromising photos of Cashman. How this guy who can't hit a lick plays every day is just mystifying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom