15. Tennessee
Projected Starting 5:
G
Zakai Zeigler
G Santiago Vescovi
G Josiah-Jordan James
F Tobe Awaka
C Jonas Aidoo
Projected Bench: Tobe Awaka, Freddie Dilione, JP Estrella, Cameron Carr, Cade Phillips, Jordan Gainey, Jahmai Mashack, Dalton Knecht
Key Newcomers: JP Estrella, Cameron Carr, Cade Phillips, Jordan Gainey (USC Upstate), Dalton Knecht (Northern Colorado)
Key Losses: Tyreke Key, Julian Phillips, Olivier Nkamhoua

This is going to be a massive challenge

Rothstein preseason top 45:

15. Tennessee
Projected Starting 5:
G
Zakai Zeigler
G Santiago Vescovi
G Josiah-Jordan James
F Tobe Awaka
C Jonas Aidoo
Projected Bench: Tobe Awaka, Freddie Dilione, JP Estrella, Cameron Carr, Cade Phillips, Jordan Gainey, Jahmai Mashack, Dalton Knecht
Key Newcomers: JP Estrella, Cameron Carr, Cade Phillips, Jordan Gainey (USC Upstate), Dalton Knecht (Northern Colorado)
Key Losses: Tyreke Key, Julian Phillips, Olivier Nkamhoua

This is going to be a massive challenge

Absolutely but I actually like the matchup. We knew we would play a very good team no matter who it was unless we got Chaminade. We get some games in the dome prior just gotta go out and ball.

We will have tape on Tennessee from last year and how they played. Tennessee will have two exhibitions and a few games in the dome. That can always help a little too.

2:30 PM Eastern on ESPN2

Same side of bracket with Purdue vs Gonzaga.

363315281_771822184943941_83486350552165059_n.jpg

image_handler.aspx

F145kxRXwAM9IXN

2:30 PM Eastern on ESPN2

Same side of bracket with Purdue vs Gonzaga.
I was hoping for an after work game time, but that's what DVR is for.

So a couple things in our favor as well- Zeigler is coming off an ACL injury late last year. He may not be ready at start of the season and in general even if he is- that's a 12 month injury usually to get back to form. Without him or even with an injured version our quick athletic backcourt gives us an edge there. The kid with the foreign name is very savvy but isn't the greatest athlete. This could work out well as I expect Purdue beats the zags to where we could potentially get a shot at Purdue who we have the athleticism advantage and McLeod would be the only other 7-4 guy in the tourney who also has experience playing against Edey.

Looking forward to seeing our boys and what they can do but the opportunity is there to get some big wins and that is not being a Homer.

So a couple things in our favor as well- Zeigler is coming off an ACL injury late last year. He may not be ready at start of the season and in general even if he is- that's a 12 month injury usually to get back to form. Without him or even with an injured version our quick athletic backcourt gives us an edge there. The kid with the foreign name is very savvy but isn't the greatest athlete. This could work out well as I expect Purdue beats the zags to where we could potentially get a shot at Purdue who we have the athleticism advantage and McLeod would be the only other 7-4 guy in the tourney who also has experience playing against Edey.

Looking forward to seeing our boys and what they can do but the opportunity is there to get some big wins and that is not being a Homer.
It’s not our backcourt vs Tennessee, it’s how we will handle their size

It’s not our backcourt vs Tennessee, it’s how we will handle their size

Understood but it is how they handle our backcourt on the flip side. They typically go 3 guard.

But yes Aidoo, Estrella, Awaka are all big boys. Ledlum going to the Johnnies and not UT is good too.

Last year's schedule was released on Tuesday, September 13th, so we should see this year's within a week.

According to the schedule page, we will see these teams at home this year:

BC
Pitt
Clemson-should be fun
Louisville
UNC
NC State
FSU
Miami
Notre Dame
Virginia Tech

Away games

BC
Pitt
Clemson
Louisville
UNC
NC State
Duke
GT
UVA
Wake

Too early to make predictions but I am looking forward to home games vs Clemson, Miami, Notre Dame and of course, UNC.

Seems like a daunting away schedule. That’s all I got.

I guess it will be better late than never. Delayed being released by about two weeks. I don't know much about TV productions but I am wondering if with the writers strike going on four months or so, if the networks are looking to fill some prime time with live sports and not network reruns. Doubtful but the networks must be losing lots of ad revenue showing repeated reruns.

And their physicality if they are anything like last year when they just mauled Duke to death in the NCAAT. The refs went with prison rules in that game.

They lose their 5th year senior bigs. As you say they will have some tough tweener wings as usual but Judah and JJ vs 5-9 Zeigler off an ACL injury and 30 year old Viscovi isn't that bad a matchup.

I hope we get an easy cupcake opponent the week after Thanksgiving. Is it just me that we always play a crappy team on the road and have won every year? Don't recall any losses or home ACC games since they started playing that super early weekend game but could be wrong.

They lose their 5th year senior bigs. As you say they will have some tough tweener wings as usual but Judah and JJ vs 5-9 Zeigler off an ACL injury and 30 year old Viscovi isn't that bad a matchup.

I hope we get an easy cupcake opponent the week after Thanksgiving. Is it just me that we always play a crappy team on the road and have won every year? Don't recall any losses or home ACC games since they started playing that super early weekend game but could be wrong.
I think we get LSU in JMA right after Thanksgiving. Yes, we often win that first acc game in December. I recall at ND last year and at FSU prior.
Want to take my 6 year old to his first game, don't see any Saturday afternoon home games in December to target. Helps when students are on break too. Georgetown is a roadie and then we have the Oregon game in South Dakota which is usually a home date that weekend. Curios how the acc schedule looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom