2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball

I just went to the Replacement Level Team (picked by Yahoo) to hit "the Start Active players" tool for the week which is generally the most I do to manage that team.

8 of the 13 players they drafted were Point Guards.
So you're telling me they got a chance.

Remind me, can trades be proposed to the replacement level team?

Reactions: gbo
So you're telling me they got a chance.

Remind me, can trades be proposed to the replacement level team?

It does not do trades.
Only acquires players when there are injuries and claims the highest % available guy.. maybe that will balance things out.

TIP FOR NEWCOMERS

There is a "Start Active Players" tool at the top left of your lineup screen. Hit that and Yahoo will set your lineup for the rest of the week.

It saves lots of time for the many days where you will not have all players playing that night.
Be aware though - You can then scan the days where you have a full active lineup, with some active players on the bench. Sometimes Yahoo makes strange decisions who to bench.
1) If we forget to hit anything, does it automatically start the active players?

2) It there a time deadline that we have to decide our starters. Just in case of a late scratch.

1) If we forget to hit anything, does it automatically start the active players?

2) It there a time deadline that we have to decide our starters. Just in case of a late scratch.
1) I think no, but it just means your lineup may be slim for that one day. You can correct it later

2) I think just by tipoff in the game they're playing in

Regarding #1, unfortunately I don't believe so... just hit start active players at any point during the week (or Sunday in the preceding week, and it will update for the rest of the week)

#2 - As long as you make the move before the game officially starts you are fine, So for example if the game starts at 7:30, you can make a move up to 7:29.

At the end of the day there might only be 1 or 2 days a week where you have 11 or more of your 13 playing on any given night. Most days whomever is active will be one of your 10 players "Dressed" and accumulating stats that night.

1) I think no, but it just means your lineup may be slim for that one day. You can correct it later

2) I think just by tipoff in the game they're playing in
And what happens if you end up with 8 point guards. Are you basically screwed that you can't fill all the spots.

And what happens if you end up with 8 point guards. Are you basically screwed that you can't fill all the spots.

Yep - that team on Wednesday has one open spot on its 10 man active roster, despite 12 of the 13 players playing that night.

I doubt it will end up being an issue for your team or others in the league that were drafted in person.

If your roster is fairly balanced position wise it shouldn't be a problem, especially since a number of players can play multi-positions.

In case some are unaware, or for those new to this, you can follow your fantasy team live on the Yahoo GameChannel.. If link does not bring up our league under basketball icon, then you can also go to your team page and select "StatTracker"

Reactions: gbo
Good to see that every team in the league has now made some moves -- pretty active so far, which should make the competition for a top 2 (bye) and a top 6 spot (playoffs) competitive.

TIP FOR NEWCOMERS

There is a "Start Active Players" tool at the top left of your lineup screen. Hit that and Yahoo will set your lineup for the rest of the week.

It saves lots of time for the many days where you will not have all players playing that night.
Be aware though - You can then scan the days where you have a full active lineup, with some active players on the bench. Sometimes Yahoo makes strange decisions who to bench.
Either I’m an idiot or there’s a bug or something because I set my lineup with all active players last week and then I noticed guys got put back on the bench. Took an L to OIG, but lesson learned.

Either I’m an idiot or there’s a bug or something because I set my lineup with all active players last week and then I noticed guys got put back on the bench. Took an L to OIG, but lesson learned.
I've had the same issue. I click the set lineup everyday just be sure.

Good to see that every team in the league has now made some moves -- pretty active so far, which should make the competition for a top 2 (bye) and a top 6 spot (playoffs) competitive.
I do need more trade partners though...

I need a PG and Replacement Level Team appears to have all of them...

I need a PG and Replacement Level Team appears to have all of them...

It is amazing that the Yahoo drafted point guard heavy team is actually dominating in the league so far. (A strategy for future drafts?)

If you could work out a trade that at least 3 members here approve, I would be OK with doing it. I'll set up the same procedure and offer for anybody else in the league. (1 trade maximum for the year with replacement level team).
I don't think its fair for just me to decide what is fair or not with this team that was retained so that we would have even number of teams.

Post your best fair value offer, and we could vote on it in this thread.

I’d like to offer Lillard and Harden for Halliburton and LaMelo. I cannot formally propose the trade yet due to roster transactions needing to take place.

I can't believe you guys think my trade to Clifton needs to be vetoed.

I'll offer Bridges for Ball.

I can't believe you guys think my trade to Clifton needs to be vetoed.
Is it too late for me to change my mind if I am having buyers remorse?

It is amazing that the Yahoo drafted point guard heavy team is actually dominating in the league so far. (A strategy for future drafts?)

If you could work out a trade that at least 3 members here approve, I would be OK with doing it. I'll set up the same procedure and offer for anybody else in the league. (1 trade maximum for the year with replacement level team). I don't think its fair for just me to decide what is fair or not with this team that was retained so that we would have even number of teams.

Post your best fair value offer, and we could vote on it in this thread.
Is it too late to lobby for another poster to manage that team?

If jncuse wants to veto the trade I'm fine with it.
I'll do the trade only because I need a center who is healthy and dependable. I know I will regret giving up BI but he is an accident waiting to happen.

Is it too late to lobby for another poster to manage that team?

That’s a very good idea.

I’m going to put it open for a few weeks before going this “trade” route which is complex.

I'll do the trade only because I need a center who is healthy and dependable. I know I will regret giving up BI but he is an accident waiting to happen.
Now I'm rethinking this trade. I have no problem vetoing and coming up with another trade.

Last edited:
Now I'm rethinking this trade. I have no problem vetoing and coming up with another trade.
Ok, I just voted against it, so if jncuse can veto it. How about Sabonis, whose number are a little inflated without De'Aaron Fox, straight up for Bennidict Mathurin, who is an up and coming superstar for the high flying Pacers and is a stat stuffing machine.