2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball

Ok, I just voted against it, so if jncuse can veto it. How about Sabonis, whose number are a little inflated without De'Aaron Fox, straight up for Bennidict Mathurin, who is an up and coming superstar for the high flying Pacers and is a stat stuffing machine.

I'll try to veto it, since you have both requested. If I am unable to, then just do the trade again in reverse!!!

I vote my guy Shenexon

If Shenexon wants the team I am fine with that, and will certainly transfer it over.
Just respond to the thread if he wants it.

Otherwise, the team is open to anybody else who is interested. Just post your interest here.

Last edited:
I’d like to offer Lillard and Harden for Halliburton and LaMelo. I cannot formally propose the trade yet due to roster transactions needing to take place.

Getting back to you on this. I ran 4 trade analyzers online - one said it was lopsided on your side, one said it was a good trade for you, one said toss up, and one said it was lopsided against you. For me it seemed to favour you, since I don't like Harden and think he will implode. But with all the analyzers being all over the place, I would have given the trade the thumbs up. So I would have been open to allowing it, if a few others voted for it.

That being said I think the fairest thing is to go with ClintonPark suggestion of allowing a new manager to take on that team. I think the "trade process" I created was overly judgmental and may have caused more issues than it solved.

Ok, I just voted against it, so if jncuse can veto it. How about Sabonis, whose number are a little inflated without De'Aaron Fox, straight up for Bennidict Mathurin, who is an up and coming superstar for the high flying Pacers and is a stat stuffing machine.

Trade has been vetoed, although it was only from my "voting no" to it and not a direct veto - I think that pushed the "no" votes over the top.

Getting back to you on this. I ran 4 trade analyzers online - one said it was lopsided on your side, one said it was a good trade for you, one said toss up, and one said it was lopsided against you. For me it seemed to favour you, since I don't like Harden and think he will implode. But with all the analyzers being all over the place, I would have given the trade the thumbs up. So I would have been open to allowing it, if a few others voted for it.

That being said I think the fairest thing is to go with ClintonPark suggestion of allowing a new manager to take on that team. I think the "trade process" I created was overly judgmental and may have caused more issues than it solved.

Yeah, having another actual person take over would be the best bet.

Sabonis is a projected top 20 player. I'd be giving up way too much for Mathurin. I'd have to get a higher caliber player for him.

Sabonis is a projected top 20 player. I'd be giving up way too much for Mathurin. I'd have to get a higher caliber player for him.
I wouldn't be lying by saying that I don't totally understand the rankings and agree with them. I compare two guys with seemingly comparable stats and one is ranked like 60 spots or more above the other.

Shenexon has now joined the league and takes over the "Replacement Level Team" which is now called Parsil Canyon.

I wouldn't be lying by saying that I don't totally understand the rankings and agree with them. I compare two guys with seemingly comparable stats and one is ranked like 60 spots or more above the other.

A lot of it has to do with a full stat line. FG% is a big one that will weigh a guy’s ranking down. A player’s total ranking is an accumulation of their numbers to date. Average ranking is a culmination of the average stats we’re more used to. I prefer and use total ranking to rate players because in fantasy, averages don’t matter as much as total output.

I'm still trying to figure out the rankings myself. How about Sabonis for Mitchell?

I'm still trying to figure out the rankings myself. How about Sabonis for Mitchell?
I can't figure why Vucevic is rated so high and then Capela and then Sabonis. I would think Sabonis would be the highest ranked, but not Donovan Mitchell high. Which of your centers would you trade for Cade Cunningham or Bennidict Mathurin, two guys playing much better than their rankings.

I can't figure why Vucevic is rated so high and then Capela and then Sabonis. I would think Sabonis would be the highest ranked, but not Donovan Mitchell high. Which of your centers would you trade for Cade Cunningham or Bennidict Mathurin, two guys playing much better than their rankings.
Efficiency, rebounds, stocks, and limited turnovers. I'm still trying to get a handle on it myself.

Capella but he is currently on the move. If Collins gets a C destination, since he has been playing it (jncuse). I'd be move than happy to trade him if you are interested.

Does anyone want any of the following from my team?

Harden
Lillard
Butler
Jalen W
Dort
Anouby
Lopez
Gordon

I’m willing to move almost anyone but the return has to be right.

I feel like with the talent on my squad I should not be tied for last place.

Does anyone want any of the following from my team?

Harden
Lillard
Butler
Jalen W
Dort
Anouby
Lopez
Gordon

I’m willing to move almost anyone but the return has to be right.

I feel like with the talent on my squad I should not be tied for last place.
Just looking at projections, you have a very strong roster. I would just chalk it up to bad luck at this point.

Sent you a trade.

Last edited:
Efficiency, rebounds, stocks, and limited turnovers. I'm still trying to get a handle on it myself.

Capella but he is currently on the move. If Collins gets a C destination, since he has been playing it (jncuse). I'd be move than happy to trade him if you are interested.

Position determinations are made by Yahoo. That being said I do believe they change them over the course of the year when guys start playing different positions, -- I have never seen them "take away" a position, but I believe have seen them added.

Regarding rankings, I suppose the biggest trap is looking at PPG too much, since it only is one of the 9 categories. I think Ingram came up in a trade discussion the other day, and he fits that category to a desgree.

There are also some guys that can really hamper certain categories. A big who gets lots of FT's but at a low FT% will hurt the FT% category alot... or a guard like Westbrook who does a lot of things but offsets it with TO's and a low FG%. Not saying avoid those guys at all, but that is why they are not as valuable in rankings.

I guess the guys who will surprise in the rankings are those that do a lot of good in other categories - for example a big who shoot's 3's... or any player that is high in steals, blocks and 3's without being too low in other categories

Just looking at projections, you have a very strong roster. I would just chalk it up to bad luck at this point.

Sent you a trade.

Sorry but that’s an auto reject from me. I’d consider Gordon for Collins straight up or package for a larger trade.

Sorry but that’s an auto reject from me. I’d consider Gordon for Collins straight up or package for a larger trade.
I figured that was a reject but thought I would shoot my shot.

Sent you an intriguing counter.
It is but seems I'm giving up too much value. Would you be interested in a 2 for 1, i.e. I give two, for someone?

It is but seems I'm giving up too much value. Would you be interested in a 2 for 1, i.e. I give two, for someone?

Depends who it is. I need higher-end talent, not depth. My depth is fine but all my top guys are struggling.

And for the trade I proposed, it comes down to how you feel about Randle and his shooting %s improving. If they stay bad, it's a good trade for you. Either way, he's still projected to be a lower rank than Gordon ROS, perhaps enough to make it equal given you'd be giving up Bridges.

I don’t want Westbrook or Poole. Those guys are trash, lol. My offer of Williams and Gordon for Randle and Bridges still stands. I would also throw in Dort if you like.

I don’t want Westbrook or Poole. Those guys are trash, lol. My offer of Williams and Gordon for Randle and Bridges still stands. I would also throw in Dort if you like.
Fair enough though I think they have value. I'm not trading Randle at the moment. I have no problem parting with Bridges but I'm going to need good value in return.

Fair enough though I think they have value. I'm not trading Randle at the moment. I have no problem parting with Bridges but I'm going to need good value in return.

The Clippers situation is a mess for fantasy and it's clear anyone owning any Washington guys is in for a long season as they've all but given up being competitive already. That's why I want nothing to do with Westbrook and Poole. I'd almost give Harden away at this point.

I've missed the buy-low window on Randle. Oh well. I'm not as excited about Bridges unless I'm pairing him with another top player and outside of the bigger name guys on your team (Jokic, etc who I am assuming you won't want to move) I'm not hugely interested in the rest of your roster.

We can always revisit trade talks later in the season!

The Clippers situation is a mess for fantasy and it's clear anyone owning any Washington guys is in for a long season as they've all but given up being competitive already. That's why I want nothing to do with Westbrook and Poole. I'd almost give Harden away at this point.

I've missed the buy-low window on Randle. Oh well. I'm not as excited about Bridges unless I'm pairing him with another top player and outside of the bigger name guys on your team (Jokic, etc who I am assuming you won't want to move) I'm not hugely interested in the rest of your roster.

We can always revisit trade talks later in the season!
Valid points on both guys. Poole is someone I have no problem riding out the season. What do you want for Harden and Robinson?

I can pair Bridges with basically anyone you want but the value has to be there. Williams and especially Gordon don't have that. I'll move Jokic for the right price.

I'm always up to trade.

Last edited: