2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball

An interesting thing (so far) is that the lower ranked team is winning all 5 matchups this week.

Playoffs could be tight amongst the 6 that will make it. Getting a first round bye would be nice.

An interesting thing (so far) is that the lower ranked team is winning all 5 matchups this week.

Playoffs could be tight amongst the 6 that will make it. Getting a first round bye would be nice.
Some results are strange. Donovan Mitchell, who is arguably my best guy, and averages about 20 shots a games, missed two straight games and tonight only three shots in 17 minutes in the first half.

I could conceivably lose my game 9-0 this week... but its also 5-4 right now as I am up barely in 4 categories, .753 vs .751 in FT, 67 vs 64 in 3's, 48 vs 47 on Steals, 97 vs 101 in TO's.
Rooting for you like a Georgetown basketball team.

I’ve been resigned to the fact based of my team architecture that turnovers and free throw percentage may never be won by this team.

Last edited:
Tonight I have another three guys out. The Allstar break is BS with guys now getting injured left and right. Maybe we should have a WNBA fantasy league. I bet those girls don't sit out.
I did an ESPN league last year. Minimal injuries and when they do happen, they are legit and out extended periods. Not rest.

After this week, it's going to be tight in the middle 3-7 spots

After this week, it's going to be tight in the middle 3-7 spots

Maybe 5 thru 7? 3rd place, my team, is 25 points ahead of 7th (170-145) with 3 weeks to go -- its a big enough bulge which I need because my team has been quite mid since week 6 and stinks (19 points above 500 before, and 2 points below 500 in the last 11 weeks)

I think ClintonParks in 4th, while not officially clinched is also in a quite safe position 17 points ahead of 7th.

I'm still closer to second (only 5 points behind), but I don't think I have the players to make a move forward -- I do have Hak in the final week and both our rosters are banged up so maybe.

Last edited:
Maybe 5 thru 7? 3rd place, my team, is 25 points ahead of 7th (170-145) with 3 weeks to go -- its a big enough bulge which I need because my team has been quite mid since week 6 and stinks (19 points above 500 before, and 2 points below 500 in the last 11 weeks)

I think ClintonParks in 4th, while not officially clinched is also in a quite safe position 17 points ahead of 7th.

I'm still closer to second (only 5 points behind), but I don't think I have the players to make a move forward -- I do have Hak in the final week and both our rosters are banged up so maybe.
Don't jinx me. Four guys on the injured list, one whom I dropped and three GTD's.

I screwed up first 11 weeks - first time playing.

Went 33-58-3.

Gone 38-21 starting week 12.

Thought season was longer so I will run out of time to get into the top 6.

I screwed up first 11 weeks - first time playing.

Went 33-58-3.

Gone 38-21 starting week 12.

Thought season was longer so I will run out of time to get into the top 6.

Your still right there, though as of this morning, your 5 points out, and you can conceivably beat me this week 8-1 ... I got lots of new injury issues this morning. Thankfully I have a bulge that I should be able to back in,.

Once you get in the playoffs, it could be quite wide open.

At least my #1 pick (SGA) is healthy and producing.

Because my 5 picks between #2-#6, are currently all out or injured... (2 probably out for the year in Morant and Bane) and 3 of the others popped up today as having issue as "out" or "GTD and ultimately out".

Last edited:
At least my #1 pick (SGA) is healthy and producing.

Because my 5 picks between #2-#6, are currently all out or injured... (2 probably out for the year in Morant and Bane)... Ayton and Murray always seem to have some nagging issue.
It's painful. Sometimes I think 13 guys are not enough or we need to eliminate the waiver wire. I had Donovan Mitchell out tonight after he missed two games right after the All Star game. It really hurts due to lack of flexibility.

So maybe that 3 to 7 thing was not inaccurate!

It looks like I could lose this one 9-0 (concern like last week)... will be a number of close categories. My opponent OrangeAuburn team did really well. Could have did Ok against other teams, so I'll take that as a positive as I try to squeeze my way in.

Was burnt by the GTD/Out's on the weekend from 2 bigs.. and also wasting an add, who a few hours later went to "out" status. Could have used an add today.

But for league entertainment and drama, the 9-0 certainly would add to it.

This week I suspect may be what does me in. Giannis (already missed Mondays game), Luka are GTDs and Booker out for a week.

Jalen Green and Jordan Poole time.

This week I suspect may be what does me in. Giannis (already missed Mondays game), Luka are GTDs and Booker out for a week.

Jalen Green and Jordan Poole time.
Hopefully Poole treats you better than he did me...

Poole actually did OK for me last week overall in 3 games.
But he had the weekend off, and I needed to stream in somebody playing 2 games - so i cut him before he turned bad.

My most annoying player on my team is Jabari Smith. So inconsistent. He very recently had a 4 game stretch were he averaged 18/16 with 2 3's a game.

Tonight in 26 minutes, he puts up 2 pts, 3 reb performance, on 1-6 shooting.

Reactions: gbo
It's painful. Sometimes I think 13 guys are not enough or we need to eliminate the waiver wire. I had Donovan Mitchell out tonight after he missed two games right after the All Star game. It really hurts due to lack of flexibility.

20 total threes from 3 players had to help though tonight. 10 from Trey Murphy, 5 each from Donte and Tatum.

Were both really banged up. My injured list is full again as is yours-- I'm hoping they are short term on my end.

20 total threes from 3 players had to help though tonight. 10 from Trey Murphy, 5 each from Donte and Tatum.

Were both really banged up. My injured list is full again as is yours-- I'm hoping they are short term on my end.
I actually got caught short last night with not enough guards on my roster. I had to sit two guys, Finney-Smith and Hunter, who both ended up having good games, because I didn't have a slot for them and yet two guard spots were open.

First time all year that has happened to me.

Anybody looking to make a trade needs to do so by tomorrow. I'm open for business for those interested...

I'm sure everyone has made this oversight at times this year because injury news is always late (especially on returns). And that is very frustrating. But I chose a bad time of the year to miss the news as things are tight.

I looked at whether JJJ (on my IL List) had deemed healthy around 2:30and there was no news - still questionable. I decided to check near game time -- he had been deemed healthy to play. Of course the game had started about 5 minutes earlier, so I couldn't dress him (which is 100% fair)

JJJ put up 30 points, 11 rebounds, and 6 blocks.
Let's see if it makes any difference by the end of the week. I would have dropped Jabari Walker. So I'll check the net change at the end of the week, to see if it cost me anything.

Last edited:
Y'all would have been toast if my yahoo app worked this season.

It wasn't your app. It's that I messed around with the settings to screw up your team. You just never noticed.

(in case its not clear, I'm kidding)

Another Sunday night, another close matchup with an opponent - this time Clinton Parks.
Currently up 7-2, but I am up in the 4 "close" categories, and he has 9 players going against my 7.
So thinks could get quite tight.

Pts - 629 vs 594 (Started at 35, now down to 25)
Assists - 153 vs 144 (Started at 9, now down to 7)
Steals - 42 vs 37 (although lead is now up to 10, so category should be safe)
Blocks - 29 vs 27 (Lead is is now 3)

How these categories turn out could have an implication on who gets the bye -- maybe although Hak is having a big week. My oversight earlier this week that cost me 21 points and 6 blocks may also come into play.

Glad to see my guys come out with blocks and steals though early in their games.

Last edited: