2023-24 NBA Season | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

depending on who you call a guard, close

SGA, Luca, Steph are the only def better

Antman too prob. Even though it’s early.

I'm biased but there's a guy in NY who is pretty good. I agree there are a few guys def better and then a number of guys who are in the same range as him (Brunson, Tyrese, Donovan Mitchell, Booker, Fox)

Pretty crazy Murray has never made an AS team.

I'm biased but there's a guy in NY who is pretty good. I agree there are a few guys def better and then a number of guys who are in the same range as him (Brunson, Tyrese, Donovan Mitchell, Booker, Fox)

Pretty crazy Murray has never made an AS team.
It wasn’t until the last couple years that he touched 20 points and or 5 assists per game. He generally doesn’t put up all star numbers and tends to miss a lot of games.

Feels like he always raises his game in the postseason but I have a very difficult time putting him in the top 5 discussion when he’s never made an all star game or All NBA team. I’d guess there’s at least 10-15 guards that I would say have to be above him due to that.

It wasn’t until the last couple years that he touched 20 points and or 5 assists per game. He generally doesn’t put up all star numbers and tends to miss a lot of games.

Feels like he always raises his game in the postseason but I have a very difficult time putting him in the top 5 discussion when he’s never made an all star game or All NBA team. I’d guess there’s at least 10-15 guards that I would say have to be above him due to that.
This is where I'm at. People here take it as he's disrespected. Don't know how much you guys hear it, but midwest and out here, the phrase "east coast bias" is mentioned at least daily. It just seems like a lot of crying to me, and is used as a crutch now. Joker is getting his due respect now, so to still hear that is just annoying at this point.

I heard an interesting conversation on our local airwaves the other day. I'm curious to know what a non biased crowd says.
Is Jamal Murray a top 5 guard in the league?
No. He's Robert Horry on steroids, but a guy known for playoff moments moreso than regular season performance.

Long ways to go yet, but I will be very disappointed if I'm not watching the Celtics in the finals this year.

He's been hurt alot tbf as well.

Mavericks shot 20 more free throws than the Clippers. The final score was not the outcome the league wanted.

He's a weird one because when I said its crazy he hasnt made an AS team, it was less that he obviously should have made one, and more he's had such great playoff moments and now he has a title and he's still never really had an AS season. if that makes any sense.

I would have him toward the bottom of the list of guys I see as roughly in the same ballpark that I listed above, but man, he's averaging 25-5-6 in the playoffs on 47/40/90 shooting.

IMG_4622.jpeg

First playoff experience was a resounding success. That first half with Dame going nuclear was so much fun.

Watched a bit of that OKC vs NOP game last night. Highly entertaining quality basketball every time I tuned in. Too bad OIG’s guy couldn’t play.

That is awesome. I cant believe how easily they handled Indy in game 1

I know he has had injury issues the second half of the season, but man, Haliburton looked like a shell of himself out there. Many offensive possessions it looked like he wanted to be nowhere near the ball. It was strange.

That is awesome. I cant believe how easily they handled Indy in game 1
The one thing I was kinda holding onto hope for with this matchup is that Indy absolutely massacred us in transition in the regular season because Griffin didn’t care at all about having us get back on defense for some reason. That was the first thing Doc fixed when he came in and at least for one game, it worked to perfection here. They only got a handful of buckets on the break and while some of the half court struggles was probably just unlucky 3 point shooting, it felt like Haliburton had to work way harder than he did in the regular season and a lot ended up falling on McConnell and Siakam to create.

Indiana probably should double off of Beverley and try to force him to be the guy taking 3’s, but they defended us mostly straight up yesterday and Beverley was absolutely awesome as an outlet for Indiana’s pressure. I think he had like 6 or 7 assists in the second half alone and so many effort plays.

The one thing I was kinda holding onto hope for with this matchup is that Indy absolutely massacred us in transition in the regular season because Griffin didn’t care at all about having us get back on defense for some reason. That was the first thing Doc fixed when he came in and at least for one game, it worked to perfection here. They only got a handful of buckets on the break and while some of the half court struggles was probably just unlucky 3 point shooting, it felt like Haliburton had to work way harder than he did in the regular season and a lot ended up falling on McConnell and Siakam to create.

Indiana probably should double off of Beverley and try to force him to be the guy taking 3’s, but they defended us mostly straight up yesterday and Beverley was absolutely awesome as an outlet for Indiana’s pressure. I think he had like 6 or 7 assists in the second half alone and so many effort plays.

Yeah low key (maybe its not low key?) Haliburton has been kinda a shell of himself since he got hurt and rushed back to make all nba. I felt so smart taking Indy +230 for the series when it closed with Indy as the favorite, and then they just got completely wrecked last night.

I was thinking last night it is kinda weird Indy just gave Buddy Hield away.

Yeah low key (maybe its not low key?) Haliburton has been kinda a shell of himself since he got hurt and rushed back to make all nba. I felt so smart taking Indy +230 for the series when it closed with Indy as the favorite, and then they just got completely wrecked last night.

It’s weird to say because Siakam was by far their best player last night but I think they maybe were better off not making the trades that they did. Then again, their record was basically the same after the trade as it was before despite Haliburton being far worse after the trade so maybe if they get Hali going again, they’ll be significantly better

It’s weird to say because Siakam was by far their best player last night but I think they maybe were better off not making the trades that they did. Then again, their record was basically the same after the trade as it was before despite Haliburton being far worse after the trade so maybe if they get Hali going again, they’ll be significantly better
Haliburton has had a rough 2nd half for sure

Watched a bit of that OKC vs NOP game last night. Highly entertaining quality basketball every time I tuned in. Too bad OIG’s guy couldn’t play.
D Green

Pels missed out on a great opportunity last night. Their defense was great but they just couldn't score down the stretch. Dort played a great game defending Ingram all night. I thought the late foul call on CJ against SGA was bogus as well. They had them on the ropes. Willie Green should have gone full Dennis Green after the game but Willie is way too laid back for that. They really need to push the series to 6 or 7 if they have any chance of getting Zion back and missed out on a golden opportunity to steal game 1

Yeah that was a fun game. Once OKC got just a little lead in the 3rd quarter though it felt like the game was over. OKC is just really solid. They play 48 minutes of good basketball.

Yeah that was a fun game. Once OKC got just a little lead in the 3rd quarter though it felt like the game was over. OKC is just really solid. They play 48 minutes of good basketball.
They really do, wise beyond their years for sure. Really fun game and there weren't many over the weekend. I thought the Pels made it the type of game where they could win but like you said OKC executed well down the stretch and the Pels did not, who are the worst clutch team in the NBA in tight games in the 4th. (and I Am not just saying that I believe the data backs it up) Knicks/ sixers and Lakers/ Nuggets were good for awhile but fell apart.

D Green

Pels missed out on a great opportunity last night. Their defense was great but they just couldn't score down the stretch. Dort played a great game defending Ingram all night. I thought the late foul call on CJ against SGA was bogus as well. They had them on the ropes. Willie Green should have gone full Dennis Green after the game but Willie is way too laid back for that. They really need to push the series to 6 or 7 if they have any chance of getting Zion back and missed out on a golden opportunity to steal game 1
SGA has become quite the foul merchant. He's a great example for other young players who want to earn a living at the line. Kiss the ass of the NBA referees claiming their job is tough via the media, then watch the calls roll in.

SGA has become quite the foul merchant. He's a great example for other young players who want to earn a living at the line. Kiss the ass of the NBA referees claiming their job is tough via the media, then watch the calls roll in.
He really is

Ingram should take notes, he could have sold a bunch on Dort last night...

Its shocking. He looks like a different guy. He barely shoots

Hot Take o' the day:

Maxey poss out tonight due to illness.
If he sits, just sit Embiid tonight and get some rest for game 3 & 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online