2023-24 Portal Options | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

The schools do not give NIL. It is the collectives or individual businesses. A school giving NIL would be an ncaa violation. Ncaa just changed the rule that the burden is on the school to disprove the violation. Good chance the school may have been concerned that some of the donors actions could result in a violation. The collective will get stronger. Right now SU has been very active in trying to get money to complete the new athletic facility.
People point to UConn and Gtown but remember those two schools main focus is basketball. Both do not have to worry about NIL for any other athletes. In fact UConn basically abandoned football when they went independent. SUs collectives need to work deals for athletes in multiple sports including basketball.
Unfortunately in the current climate it will be difficult to compete with land grant state schools with large alumni basis and sec schools where donors have been giving money long before NIL.
Everyone is running on emotions right now. Let’s see how things will shake out by august not April 11th.
I know the school doesn’t give NIL. I guess you’ve never read any of my posts before. I meant our boosters and NIL people, not the school. I don’t need the lecture.

You have your head in the sand. If we can’t compete in NIL, it’s the end of Syracuse ever being a relevant basketball program. How do you expect us to react to our best player leaving for more NIL money elsewhere? It shows how irrelevant we will be going forward if this doesn’t change.

Last edited:
As others have mentioned, this kid would be a nice addition. It seems like we're all in on Chance? Different coach in charge but it seems like the same approach with being very selective as to who we reach out to. Our name rarely pops up with these transfer kids like other schools.

As others have mentioned, this kid would be a nice addition. It seems like we're all in on Chance? Different coach in charge but it seems like the same approach with being very selective as to who we reach out to. Our name rarely pops up with these transfer kids like other schools.

SMH but maybe they weren't impressed during his games against SU

l
Interesting...scroll down (free article):

super interesting. But are we really gonna be able to pay Dickinson if we can’t find the NIL money for Jesse? Multiple sources seem to indicate that we couldn’t match what WVU or whatever program was offering Jesse. Unless we didn’t want to overpay for him because we need to have enough for Judah and other players?

Maybe we chose not to match for Jesse (which has been reported) because we want to go all in on Hunter. I would assume we’ll know by the end of this week if we are actually a possibility for Hunter.

l

super interesting. But are we really gonna be able to pay Dickinson if we can’t find the NIL money for Jesse? Multiple sources seem to indicate that we couldn’t match what WVU or whatever program was offering Jesse. Unless we didn’t want to overpay for him because we need to have enough for Judah and other players?
Not that they couldn't, they wouldn't. Jesse is good but from what everyone is saying. He was asking for a ridiculous payday.

It's interesting that some of these talking heads keep bringing our name up with Hunter but we've yet to hear anything concrete about being involved. Obviously would love if we are.

Or 247 just wants to build it up and then smack us down when he doesn't pick us or we grab someone else first.

Maybe we chose not to match for Jesse (which has been reported) because we want to go all in on Hunter. I would assume we’ll know by the end of this week if we are actually a possibility for Hunter.
Don’t speculate. Jesse was supposedly known to be staying until he wasn’t.

while HD was available I doubt that he was a primary target?

Because Jesse was still here.

I know the school doesn’t give NIL. I guess you’ve never read any of my posts before. I meant our boosters and NIL people, not the school. I don’t need the lecture.

You have your head in the sand. If we can’t compete in NIL, it’s the end of Syracuse ever being a relevant basketball program. How do you expect us to react to our best player leaving for more NIL money elsewhere? It shows how irrelevant we will be going forward if this doesn’t change.
Maybe looking back one day this will be a cold glass of water to the face to cuse fans and alumni and will cause cuse to become more proactive and generous with the NIL. And we’ll be grateful for Jesse for throwing that glass of water.

If you have to resort to this, the player is as good as gone. They're probably going to present a counteroffer like any other employer that can't afford to lose your services would.
And for top tier players, every “nil agent” should consult their client to enter the portal knowing that they’ll have a chance to up the number when the school is under the gun