2023-24 Portal Options | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Yes. Plus his length is crazy. Super long and plays well above the rim. Defensive player of the year finalist. We could sure use a player like that to replace Jesse. Problem is so could every other team out there.

Go hard after HD and Cisse here. Cisse is explosive and love the motor he plays with. 13 pts 14.3 Rebs 3.4 blks per 40.

Balls to the wall with Dickinson and Cisse and whoever wants to be Orange first wins
I’m such a child

Is Cisse even an option for this year since he’s a 2x transfer? Unless he gets a waiver, would we be clogging up the roster with a 4th center that won’t provide much in 23-24?

If he is able to play this year, with 2 years of eligibility left, he would be an ideal get.

So nova now has a gm for NiL but we still don’t and I just read an article that we had to beg for a nutritionist for the teams on the Hill? Idk…There is such a disconnect that I can’t believe up on the hill and I don’t know where to look or who to blame. Why are our athletics programs begging for nutritionists?
That’s ludicrous

So nova now has a gm for NiL but we still don’t and I just read an article that we had to beg for a nutritionist for the teams on the Hill? Idk…There is such a disconnect that I can’t believe up on the hill and I don’t know where to look or who to blame. Why are our athletics programs begging for nutritionists?
That’s ludicrous

We’ve had an athletic department nutritionist. But not a football dedicated one. And having a GM is a new concept. Only a couple schools have one.

Let’s hope he doesn’t talk to Woody Newton about us.
Woody actually did better for us his first year than he did at Ok St last year. He did start some games in the middle of the season this past year but with some meh stats. Surprised with his poor 3 point stats particularly, he shot well while here.

Cisse actually has a similar offensive profile to Jesse in terms of living around the rim and FG% on close shots. He turns the ball over more than Jesse but not by much. He wasn't a big part of OSU's offense because other teams could just foul him and he'd brick his free throws, and because OSU was a crummy jump-shooting team so defenses were able to just sag inside and deny - but that part's not on him.

There's some upside with him; I don't think he's a Keita-Sidibe-Chukwu non-factor on offense like his build and FT weakness suggests. But he'll need to get better at those and we'll need to surround him with at least three shooters. Easier said than done, but I think we can improve with him, especially if we get out and run.

Last edited: