2023-24 Portal Options | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

The NCAA:
No Idea Reaction GIF by SomeGoodNews

If we can't land Dickinson, is the plan to try to get Ousmane and have him be the starter? Anyone know how much of a drop-off Ousmane would be from Jesse? Any other available centers in the portal worth a look?

“There had been reports that Ousmane would visit Syracuse next week, but a source said that an exact date for a trip is still being worked out. Ousmane is set to visit today (Thursday). He has also heard from LSU, Xavier, Providence, DePaul and Virginia.”

This doesn’t make sense so I’m guessing the visit today part is a mistake and is either meant for another school or not meant in the article at all?

“There had been reports that Ousmane would visit Syracuse next week, but a source said that an exact date for a trip is still being worked out. Ousmane is set to visit today (Thursday). He has also heard from LSU, Xavier, Providence, DePaul and Virginia.”

This doesn’t make sense so I’m guessing the visit today part is a mistake and is either meant for another school or not meant in the article at all?

LSU visit is today I believe... typo.

Just FWIW, some side by side shot charts of Jesse vs. the two big men we're potentially looking at right now.
I like that Hunter is very comfortable going either left or right. Jesse relied on the right hand too much. As far as Jesse's shooting ability, I think he's capable of better (e.g., 70%+ FT), but didn't have a green light to shoot, which kills his numbers some. He rarely took jumpers, but based on his FT%, I think he can shoot a little. Probably not as well Dickinson, but better than what he's shown because of the small sample size.

I believe he is visiting Seton Hall today. LSU is next week.

Just FWIW, some side by side shot charts of Jesse vs. the two big men we're potentially looking at right now.

View attachment 226973
So in regards to shooting: basically Dickinson is considerably better than Jesse in every situation.

Jesse is considerably better than Ousmane, and Ousmane‘s old team was comfortable with him taking mid range shots that he usually misses.

Hunter, or bust!!!

Just FWIW, some side by side shot charts of Jesse vs. the two big men we're

View attachment 226973
Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about Ous. And, honestly, he looked under-sized in his hudl; in whatever league that was.